Canterbury MuseumCurrently Closed
- Address: Rolleston Ave, Christchurch 8013, New Zealand
- Timings: 09:00 am - 05:30 pm Details
- Phone: +64-33665000
- Ticket Price: Free
- Time Required: 02:00 Hrs
- Tags: Museum, Family And Kids, Exhibition , Specialty Museum
Canterbury Museum - Review
Located within an architecturally magnificent building, the Canterbury Museum was started in the year 1870. The museum started with a collection of moa bones and bird skins, but today, the collections comprise more than 2.1 million items encompassing Antarctic expeditions, Canterbury settlement, ethnology and natural history.
Canterbury Museum Ticket Prices
- Entry to the museum is free.
- Donations are accepted and appreciated.
- Discovery Exhibit: $2
How To reach Canterbury Museum by Public Transport
- Rolleston Avenue bus stop
Restaurants Near Canterbury Museum
- Museum Cafe
- Coffee Corner
- Cook ‘N’ With Gas
Love this? Explore the entire list of things to do in Christchurch before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Christchurch and book an accommodation of your choice.
Things to Know Before Visiting Canterbury Museum
95% of people who visit Christchurch include Canterbury Museum in their plan
09 AM - 10 AM
39.87% of people start their Canterbury Museum visit around 09 AM - 10 AM
People usually take around 2 Hrs to see Canterbury Museum
84.99% of people prefer to travel by car while visiting Canterbury Museum
Canterbury Museum Map
Canterbury Museum Trips
1 View10 Days 9 Nights10 Day Trip to Auckland, Christchurch from SouthbaBy: Guest UserCity: Auckland, Christchurch
Canterbury Museum, Christchurch Reviews
We were very impressed by the various displays on offer at the museum. The children enjoyed the light display (especially the VR experience) and the various vehicles on display. The Antarctic section was really fascinating to me personally and I enjoyed the history of its exploration depicted. Perfect for a rainy weekend day.
Great place to take the kids. It is $2 for the discovery room which my kids love and still love even though we go maybe 5 times a ear at least! They always have different exhibitions on.
Beautiful place to visit. Lots of interesting things to see. Fabulous staff and friendly. Gold coin donation. Love the shell house. Stunning. Take your time to see what they have to offer and learn.
Visited the museum not expecting much but I was blown away. I'd say it's a better museum than Te Papa in Wellington because the variety of exhibitions they have are great. I would really recommend the Arctic exhibition they have and the old retail street they have recreated. Highly recommend paying a visit
Beautiful museum with lots of arts and culture to explore. Well within reach as it's just in the tramway stop. Also got nice shop to buy souvenirs. Also a really nice cafe on to floor with amazing views of the garden. Such an amazing place to visit if you are in Christchurch. Don't miss
All QuestionsCanterbury museum
- Dom Katechetyczny
- Muzeum Im. A. Kłosińskiego
- Parafia Rzymskokatolicka Najdroższej Krwi Pana Jezusa
- Parafia Rzymsko-Katolicka P.w. Najświętszego Serca Pana Jezusa
- Parafia Rzymskokatolicka. Wikarówka
- Parafia Rzymskokatolicka św. Małgorzaty I Katarzyny
- Łukasz Błaszków
- Parafia Rzymsko-Katolicka Pw. Swiętej Małgorzaty I Świętej Katarzyny
- Dworzec Autobusowy
- Rejestracja Video Flisowski Stefan
- Urząd Miasta - Naczelnik Skierniewice
- Parafia Rzymskokatolicka Garnizonowa Wniebowzięcia NMP
- Miejski Ośrodek Kultury
- Parafia Rzymskokatolicka św. Jakuba Apostoła
- Parafia Rzymskokatolicka Najświętszego Serca Pana Jezusa