How to Reach Christchurch
How to reach Christchurch
HOW TO GET TO CHRISTCHURCH
- By Air: Christchurch International Airport is New Zealand's second largest airport. It services 7 different airlines connecting the city with domestic centres and 10 international airports, namely, Bangkok, Brisbane, Dubai, Gold Coast, Melbourne, Nadi, Perth, Singapore, Sydney and Tokyo.
- By Train: KiwiRail, Coastal Pacific and TranzAlpine connect Christchurch to neighbouring regions.
- By Ferry: Ferries connect Christchurch to cities such as Wellington and Picton.
- By Road: State Highway 1 connects Christchurch to neighbouring towns and cities.
HOW TO GET AROUND CHRISTCHURCH
- By Tram: The Christchurch Tramway runs in a small loop in the inner part of the city.
- By Bus: Busses although up and running are less frequent with few stops.
- By Car: Many tourists find it convenient to rent a car and traverse the city on their own.
- By Taxi: Taxis are available for hire in Christchurch. Although, they tend to be a bit expensive.
- By Bicycle: Exploring the city on a bicycle is the best way to do it! The city has dedicated lanes for bicycle riders.
Modes of Transportation in Christchurch
Know about the preferred mode of transport, average time spent and average distance traveled for commute in Christchurch. The most preferred mode of transport in Christchurch is Car.
Average distance: 11.39 km Average time: 27.1 min
Car 50%Driving 22.8 min Overall average time for 16.28 kms 22.8 min
Bus/Trolleybus 20%Bus 25 min Walking 9.5 min Waiting 0.5 min Overall average time for 8 kms 35 min
Walking 20%Walking 30 min Bike 3.5 min Overall average time for 2.75 kms 33.5 min
Motorbike 10%Motorbike 20 min Overall average time for 11 kms 20 min