Orana Wildlife ParkCurrently Closed
- Address: MaLeans Island Road, Christchurch, New Zealand
- Timings: 10:00 am - 05:00 pm Details
- Phone: +64-33597109
- Ticket Price: 30 NZD
- Time Required: 02:00 Hrs
- Tags: Wildlife Park, Family And Kids
Orana Wildlife Park - Review
Situated near Christchurch Airport, the Orana Wildlife Park is spread across 80 hectares (198 acres). Animal encounters are a speciality of this park. Feed Giraffes, meet a rhino, feed a Lemur, say hi to a kiwi or travel through the Lion reserve! The Orana Wildlife Park is also known for its involvement in zoo-based breeding programmes. So the entry fees that you pay are utilized for a good cause.
Orana Wildlife Park Information
- Children 14 years of age and under must be supervised and will not be permitted in to the zoo without a supervisor.
Orana Wildlife Park Ticket Prices
- Adults- $29.50, Children (5-14 years)- $9.50.
- Entry is free for children under five years.
- Senior and Students (ID required)- $27.
How To reach Orana Wildlife Park by Public Transport
- The Orana Wildlife Park provides door to door shuttle service. This is not a complimentary service though and hence is chargeable.
- Hiring a taxi is recommended.
Restaurants Near Orana Wildlife Park
- Cafe within the Park premises.
- Picnic tables are also available.
Love this? Explore the entire list of things to do in Christchurch before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Christchurch and book an accommodation of your choice.
Things to Know Before Visiting Orana Wildlife Park
95% of people who visit Christchurch include Orana Wildlife Park in their plan
10 AM - 11 AM
43.94% of people start their Orana Wildlife Park visit around 10 AM - 11 AM
People usually take around 2 Hrs to see Orana Wildlife Park
94.85% of people prefer to travel by car while visiting Orana Wildlife Park
Orana Wildlife Park Map
Orana Wildlife Park Trips
Orana Wildlife Park, Christchurch Reviews
Really enjoyed our visit. Great place really feels like your amongst the animals. Staff were super friendly. Topped off buy great food and fast service. I would highly recommend a visit if your in Christchurch
Great experience! Not so many animals but the park itself is great. Took about 2 hours of slowly rambling to see everything. Sunny warm weather made this visit unforgettable. Absolute relaxation. Lots of entertainment for kids. Good cafe with a big choice of snacks. Highly recommended!
I was sad to see I couldn't get close enough for a giraffe hug. They have changed it since I used to live there before the earthquakes. Still brilliant to be home and to feed them. I will always be back.
Amazing place!!! We had so much fun!! We did the lion experience which is a must as you get to see how big they really are!! We also got to feed the giraffes, rhinos and watch the cheetahs get fed. The weather wasn’t great, but we still had an incredible day. We also managed to catch a glimpse of a kiwi at feeding time. The animals look well taken care of which is good. This is a definite must to visit. It is out of the way so you may feel like you are going the wrong way.
Love this place - it's so kiwi! Fabulous range of animals presented in a lovely open relaxed manner with great staff throughout Well done and keep it all going! Bernie
All QuestionsOrana wildlife park
- Speedwell Cavern
- Castleton Visitors Centre
- Castleton Moor Railway Station
- Montage Gallery
- Field Breaks
- The Caravan Club
- Peak Cavern
- New London Orchestra
- Black Notley Convenience
- Adventures In Music Making
- Hill Top House, Beatrix Potter's Farmhouse
- Coniston Launch
- Southern Sinfonia
- Castle Addictions
- Top Of The Jocks