Tranzalpine Ride, Christchurch
About Tranzalpine Ride, Christchurch
Tranzalpine Ride, Christchurch - Address, Phone Number, Ticket Price
Address: Addington Railway Station, Christchurch, New Zealand.
Ticket Price: 398 NZD
Time Required: 11:00 Hrs
Timings: 08:15 am - 06:05 pm Details
Added 18.2K times in trip plans
Tour, Entertainment, Family And Kids, Train Ride
Try TripHobo to create your itinerary
Are you associated with this business? Get in touch
The TranzAlpine ride is a very scenic train ride between Christchurch and Greymouth. If you start from Christchurch, on the way, you traverse farmlands, deep gorges, the Waimakariri River and finally through the Southern Alps into Greymouth. The ride is perhaps one of the most scenic train trips anywhere in the world.
Tranzalpine Ride Information
- The mentioned rate is for a round trip. One way trip will cost you $199 per person.
Tranzalpine Ride Opening and Closing Hours
- The TranzAlpine train leaves Addington Railway Station at 8.15 a.m. daily.
- It reaches Greymouth at 12.45 p.m.
- The return journey begins at 1.45 p.m. from Greymouth.
- Train arrived back at Christshurch by 6.05 p.m.
Restaurants Near Tranzalpine Ride
- Food is provided on the train.
Love this? Explore the entire list of things to do in Christchurch before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Christchurch and book an accommodation of your choice.
Tranzalpine Ride, Christchurch Reviews - Write a Review
- Nearby Attractions
- Mount John
- Mount Cook
- St James Cashmere
- Black Betty Cafe
- Glacier Motors
- 77 Deans Ave
- Empty Chairs Earthquake Memorial
- Christchurch Bike Tours
- Christchurch Day-wise Trips
- What to See in 24 Hours in Christchurch
- What to See in 48 Hours in Christchurch
- What to See in 72 Hours in Christchurch
- How to Spend 5 Days in Christchurch
- How to Spend 6 Days in Christchurch
- How to Spend 7 Days in Christchurch