Tranzalpine RideCurrently Closed
- Address: Addington Railway Station, Christchurch, New Zealand.
- Timings: 08:15 am - 06:05 pm Details
- Phone: +64-44950775
- Ticket Price: 398 NZD
- Time Required: 11:00 Hrs
- Tags: Tour, Entertainment, Family And Kids, Train Ride
Tranzalpine Ride - Review
The TranzAlpine ride is a very scenic train ride between Christchurch and Greymouth. If you start from Christchurch, on the way, you traverse farmlands, deep gorges, the Waimakariri River and finally through the Southern Alps into Greymouth. The ride is perhaps one of the most scenic train trips anywhere in the world.
Tranzalpine Ride Information
- The mentioned rate is for a round trip. One way trip will cost you $199 per person.
Tranzalpine Ride Hours
- The TranzAlpine train leaves Addington Railway Station at 8.15 a.m. daily.
- It reaches Greymouth at 12.45 p.m.
- The return journey begins at 1.45 p.m. from Greymouth.
- Train arrived back at Christshurch by 6.05 p.m.
Restaurants Near Tranzalpine Ride
- Food is provided on the train.
Love this? Explore the entire list of things to do in Christchurch before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Christchurch and book an accommodation of your choice.
Things to Know Before Visiting Tranzalpine Ride
84.7% of people who visit Christchurch include Tranzalpine Ride in their plan
08 AM - 09 AM
95% of people start their Tranzalpine Ride visit around 08 AM - 09 AM
People usually take around 11 Hrs to see Tranzalpine Ride
93.25% of people prefer to travel by car while visiting Tranzalpine Ride
Tranzalpine Ride Trips
3 Views11 Days 10 Nights11 Day Trip to Auckland, Christchurch, Queenstown from JakartaBy: Guest UserCity: Auckland, Queenstown, Christchurch
2 Views16 Days 15 Nights16 Day Trip to Auckland, Christchurch, Rotorua, Queenstown, Wanaka from GurgaonBy: Published PrivatelyCity: Auckland, Rotorua, Christchurch, Queenstown, Wanaka
2 Views7 Days 6 Nights7 Day Trip to Christchurch, Queenstown from SingaporeBy: Guest UserCity: Christchurch, Queenstown