Tranzalpine Ride, Christchurch
Tranzalpine Ride - A Quick Overview[Contribute/Review]
Address: Addington Railway Station, Christchurch, New Zealand.
Ticket Price: 398 NZD
Time Required: 11:00 Hrs
Timings: 08:15 am - 06:05 pm Details
Added 18.2K times in trip plans
Tour, Entertainment, Family And Kids, Train Ride
journey itinerary creator app helps you plan a perfect trip
Are you associated with this business? Get in touch
About Tranzalpine Ride, Christchurch
The TranzAlpine ride is a very scenic train ride between Christchurch and Greymouth. If you start from Christchurch, on the way, you traverse farmlands, deep gorges, the Waimakariri River and finally through the Southern Alps into Greymouth. The ride is perhaps one of the most scenic train trips anywhere in the world.
Tranzalpine Ride Information
- The mentioned rate is for a round trip. One way trip will cost you $199 per person.
Tranzalpine Ride Opening and Closing Hours
- The TranzAlpine train leaves Addington Railway Station at 8.15 a.m. daily.
- It reaches Greymouth at 12.45 p.m.
- The return journey begins at 1.45 p.m. from Greymouth.
- Train arrived back at Christshurch by 6.05 p.m.
Restaurants Near Tranzalpine Ride
- Food is provided on the train.
Love this? Explore the entire list of things to do in Christchurch before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Christchurch and book an accommodation of your choice.