The TranzAlpine ride is a very scenic train ride between Christchurch and Greymouth. If you start from Christchurch, on the way, you traverse farmlands, deep gorges, the Waimakariri River and finally through the Southern Alps into Greymouth. The ride is perhaps one of the most scenic train trips anywhere in the world.
Tranzalpine Ride Travel Tips
- The mentioned rate is for a round trip. One way trip will cost you $199 per person.
Tranzalpine Ride Hours
- The TranzAlpine train leaves Addington Railway Station at 8.15 a.m. daily.
- It reaches Greymouth at 12.45 p.m.
- The return journey begins at 1.45 p.m. from Greymouth.
- Train arrived back at Christshurch by 6.05 p.m.
- Food is provided on the train.
Love this? Explore the entire list of places to visit in Christchurch before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Christchurch and book an accommodation of your choice.
72.98% of people who visit Christchurch include Tranzalpine Ride in their plan
08 AM - 09 AM
95% of people start their Tranzalpine Ride visit around 08 AM - 09 AM
People usually take around 11 Hrs to see Tranzalpine Ride
93.25% of people prefer to travel by car while visiting Tranzalpine Ride