Fine Arts Museum - Bundner KunstmuseumCurrently Closed
- Address: Postplatz, 7002 Chur, Switzerland
- Timings: 10:00 am - 05:00 pm Details
- Phone: +41-812572868
- Ticket Price: 12 CHF
- Time Required: 01:00 Hrs
- Tags: Museum, Family And Kids, Specialty Museum
Fine Arts Museum - Bundner Kunstmuseum - Review
If you want to keep up with the art pulse of the city, then head to the Kunstmuseum, a museum which displays art in all shapes and sizes from 18th century till present! A rare feat to justify art of all ages, all genres and all centuries, this museum is a treat even if you are an amateur art enthusiast.
The museum mainly houses the works of artists from Graubünden and Switzerland.
- Self-portrait from 1780 by Angelika Kauffmann (1741-1807)
- Paintings of Alps by Ferdinand Hodler's from 19th century
- Works of Augusto Giacometti from 19th century
The place is a mecca for art students, art fanatics or simply art admirers!
Fine Arts Museum - Bundner Kunstmuseum Information
- Take your time here while you explore probably the best of art prices you will see up close in a long time.
Fine Arts Museum - Bundner Kunstmuseum Ticket Prices
- Adult: CHF 12
- Retired persons, apprentices, students and groups: CHF 10
- There is no admission fee for children, young people up to 16 years, Members of the Graubünden Art Society BKV and holders of a valid Swiss Museum Pass.
How To reach Fine Arts Museum - Bundner Kunstmuseum by Public Transport
- Bus: The nearest bus stop is at Forum and Reichsgasse.
Love this? Explore the entire list of things to do in Chur before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Chur and book an accommodation of your choice.
Things to Know Before Visiting Fine Arts Museum - Bundner Kunstmuseum
95% of people who visit Chur include Fine Arts Museum - Bundner Kunstmuseum in their plan
11 AM - 12 PM
50.35% of people start their Fine Arts Museum - Bundner Kunstmuseum visit around 11 AM - 12 PM
People usually take around 1 Hr to see Fine Arts Museum - Bundner Kunstmuseum
55.88% of people prefer to travel by car while visiting Fine Arts Museum - Bundner Kunstmuseum
Fine Arts Museum - Bundner Kunstmuseum, Chur Reviews
Excellent architecture juxtaposing old and new, interesting collection of works by artists either working in or from the region (Kirchner, Giacometti). Significant temporary exhibitions. Worth a trip, together with the Old City next door.
Very nice regional art museum combining classic with new buildings.
The building of the old museum is the former villa Planta (1875) which was reconstructed in 1990. Chur was the birthplace of Angelica Kauffman (neoclassicism of the end of 18th century). Most interesting portrait of Louise Elisabeth Vigee-Lebrun - the French artist of the period.
Giacometti family and Kirchner
關於展覽～不要太嚴肅去對待 策展人總是有自己的想法 這美術館最得人心的部分 應該就是舊館的咖啡廳❤️ 在新館開幕後 舊館的一樓一半改成餐廳 再加上戶外樹下的座位 是個逛完美術館適合歇歇腳來一杯咖啡配甜點的美麗好地方啊⋯⋯ 看到讓妳翻白眼的作品就可以丟到腦後了