Conspiracy MuseumCurrently Open [Closes at 06:00 pm]
- Address: Praca Tiradentes, 139 - Centro, Ouro Preto - MG, 35400-000, Brazil
- Timings: 10:00 am - 06:00 pm Details
- Phone: +55-3135515233
- Ticket Price: 10 BRL
- Time Required: 02:00 Hrs
- Tags: Museum, Family And Kids, Specialty Museum
Conspiracy Museum - Review
In the 18th century, a famous separatist movement tried to gain Brazil's independence from Portugal. This became known as the Minas Conspiracy. The revolution failed, and its protagonists were executed or exiled.
In 1936, then-Brazilian president Getúlio Vargas decided that these men were to be commemorated as martyrs. He hunted down their remains from Africa and had them brought to the very place they were executed. Thus the museum was born. Even though it faced administrative and financial problems for many decades thereafter the museum is now rich collection of:
- Artifacts from the Brazilian mining life from the 18th and 19th centuries.
- An exhibition of the economic, social and political condition of the region.
- Historical instruments of torture.
- Remains of the Martyrs.
- Documents regarding the conspiracy.
Check out the view from the balcony of the museum.
Conspiracy Museum Information
- Photography not allowed.
- Electronics and bags must be left inside the locker facility.
- Fully disabled accessible.
- Check out the shop and cafe.
- The English translation isn't very accurate.
Conspiracy Museum Ticket Prices
- Students and 60 + years of age: R$ 5
- Free for children under 7 and teachers are two groups of at least 20 students.
Conspiracy Museum Opening and Closing Hours
- Ticket office closes at 5:20 p.m.
How To reach Conspiracy Museum by Public Transport
- Drive to here.Ask locals for direction.
- Take a taxi.
- Ask locals for public transport information.
Love this? Explore the entire list of things to do in Ouro Preto before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Ouro Preto and book an accommodation of your choice.
Things to Know Before Visiting Conspiracy Museum
95% of people who visit Ouro Preto include Conspiracy Museum in their plan
10 AM - 11 AM
35.14% of people start their Conspiracy Museum visit around 10 AM - 11 AM
People usually take around 2 Hrs to see Conspiracy Museum
61.89% of people prefer to travel by car while visiting Conspiracy Museum
People normally club together Igreja Nossa Senhora Do Carmo and Museum Of Science And Technology School Of Mines - Minerology Sector while planning their visit to Conspiracy Museum.
Conspiracy Museum Map
Conspiracy Museum Trips
Conspiracy Museum, Ouro Preto Reviews
O chamado museu da Inconfidência tem apenas duas salas dedicadas a isso. Tem muitas outras coisas, mas achei que tem bem pouco sobre o que ele se propõe.
Audio guides weren't available, which probably made it a lot less enjoyable. Translations are in Portuguese and English, but the English doesn't provide much context and it's difficult to follow the history of the conspiracy or the story of the Vila Rica. Staff were very helpful, however, and lots of security. No photos allowed!
Excelent museum housed in Ouro Preto's old municipal building and jail. An attractive building built between 1784 and 1854 on the south side of Praça Tiradentes. It contains the tomb of historical hero Tiradentes, documents of the Inconfidencia Mineira revolt, also some artistic works of Aleijadinho and Manuel da Costa Ataíde.
It was great to learn so much about a slice of Brasilian history and the staff were very friendly and accommodating of our requirements. Wish we could have taken photos but it was still an awesome day out nonetheless.
A shame that photos are not allowed, but it is a great place! I enjoyed the museum and the glimpse it gives into the history of Ouro Preto and Brazil. The staff was super friendly and worked hard to accommodate the disability on one of the people in our party.