Igreja Nossa Senhora Do Pilar64 Votes Currently Open
- Address: Tv. Barbosa, s/n - Pilar, Ouro Preto - MG, 35400-970, Brazil
- Timings: 09:00 am - 04:45 pm Details
- Phone: +55-3135514736
- Ticket Price: 10 BRL
- Time Required: 01:00 Hrs
- Tags: Church, Religious Site, Family And Kids
The church replaced a late 17th century chapel when it was built, between 1711 and 1733. But the lavish interior you see today was created over the course of a few more decades, and the church did not gain its final look until the mid-19th century. And what a look! The church is a masterpiece of Brazilian Baroque architecture. The layout is polygonal; over 400 kilograms of precious metal – gold and silver, were used to decorate the nave and chancel. The result is a regal yet mystic interior that is without compare to anything else in the country. The church is richly decorated with the statues of hundreds of angels.
The church is also the location of the Museum of Sacred Art, which is filled with 18th century arts and artifacts.
Igreja Nossa Senhora Do Pilar Travel Tips
- At the church try and get a guided tour; it is the best way to see the building.
Entrance Ticket Details For Igreja Nossa Senhora Do Pilar
- Students, Seniors and Children: R$ 5
- Free for children under 7.
Igreja Nossa Senhora Do Pilar Hours
- Closed to visitors on Monday.
Times for mass:
- Monday to Friday at 7 a.m.
- Saturdays 7:30 p.m.
- Sundays 7 p.m.
How to Reach Igreja Nossa Senhora Do Pilar
- Drive to here. Ask locals for direction.
- Take a taxi.
- Ask locals for public transport information.
Love this? Explore the entire list of places to visit in Ouro Preto before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Ouro Preto and book an accommodation of your choice.
23.97% of people who visit Ouro Preto include Igreja Nossa Senhora Do Pilar in their plan
11 AM - 12 PM
95% of people start their Igreja Nossa Senhora Do Pilar visit around 11 AM - 12 PM
People usually take around 1 Hr to see Igreja Nossa Senhora Do Pilar
95% of people prefer walking in order to reach Igreja Nossa Senhora Do Pilar