Igreja San Francisco De Assis51 Votes Currently Open
- Address: Ouro Preto - MG, 35400-000, Brazil
- Timings: 08:30 am - 05:00 pm Details
- Phone: +55-3135513282
- Time Required: 00:30 Mins
- Tags: Church, Religious Site, Family And Kids
This beautiful 18th century Rococo Catholics church was unique when first built in Brazil. Though it is not very large, it is considered to be a masterpiece by Brazilian sculptor and artist Antonio Francisco Lisboa, also known as Aleijadinho.
The highlights of the church are:
- The circular bell towers
- The ornate decorations on the pulpit, the altar, and the ceiling
- The gilding and the gold leaf decorations
- A large number of religious sculptures
- The friezes above the doors and windows
In the basement of the church there is a small museum dedicated to the artist and to the making of the church.
Igreja San Francisco De Assis Travel Tips
- The English translations of items inside of the church are inadequate, so try and get somebody local to translate them for you.
How to Reach Igreja San Francisco De Assis
- Drive to here. Ask locals for direction.
- Take a taxi.
- Ask locals for public transport information.
Love this? Explore the entire list of places to visit in Ouro Preto before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Ouro Preto and book an accommodation of your choice.
19.1% of people who visit Ouro Preto include Igreja San Francisco De Assis in their plan
2 PM - 3 PM
87.5% of people start their Igreja San Francisco De Assis visit around 2 PM - 3 PM
People usually take around 30 Minutes to see Igreja San Francisco De Assis
95% of people prefer walking in order to reach Igreja San Francisco De Assis