Cincinnati Observatory292 Votes Currently Open
- Address: 3489 Observatory Place, Cincinnati, OH 45208, United States Map
- Timings: 09:00 am - 04:00 pm Details
- Phone: +1-5133215186
- Time Required: 02:00 Hrs
- Tags: Observatory, Family And Kids, Architecture
This observatory is the oldest in the city and serves as an important part of the Astronomical science Department of the city. The place is on the top of Mt. Lookout and has two different telescopes installed there for observing the sky. The place was vital in the 19th and 20th centuries but now is just used for tourist tours and other group excursions.
The observatory was built by Ormsby M. Mitchel on the Mount Ida. The very famous Nichola Longsworth had donated land for the purpose of this building and there now stands the Holy Cross Monastery and Chapel. In the year 1871 at last the observatory came under the University of Cincinnati. In the year 1998, the observatory was listed in the National Register of Historic Places of the US. Apart from all these things the observatory is set in a beautiful park with a lot of flowering plants and shady trees to serve as the perfect afternoon and evening spot.
How to Reach Cincinnati Observatory
- Bus no. 1
Love this? Explore the entire list of places to visit in Cincinnati before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Cincinnati and book an accommodation of your choice.
- Cincinnati Observatory Address: 3489 Observatory Place, Cincinnati, OH 45208, United States
- Cincinnati Observatory Contact Number: +1-5133215186
- Cincinnati Observatory Timing: 09:00 am - 04:00 pm
- Best time to visit Cincinnati Observatory(preferred time): 11:00 am - 02:00 pm
- Time required to visit Cincinnati Observatory: 02:00 Hrs
- Try the best online travel planner to plan your travel itinerary!
25.44% of people who visit Cincinnati include Cincinnati Observatory in their plan
10 AM - 11 AM
69.92% of people start their Cincinnati Observatory visit around 10 AM - 11 AM
People usually take around 2 Hrs to see Cincinnati Observatory
95% of people prefer to travel by car while visiting Cincinnati Observatory
People normally club together Saint Paul United Methodist Church and Eden Park while planning their visit to Cincinnati Observatory.