Events and Festivals in Cinque Terre
- Manarola–Nativity Scene (January): Manarola is worth an visit during the holiday season.Mario Andreoli turns the hillside of Manarola into a huge nativity scene boasting 300 characters made from recycled materials that are placed on the hillside. The nativity scene is the most beautiful at night, when it is illuminated.
- Monterosso–Sagra dei limoni (May): The Monterosso Lemon festival is held on a weekend in May. The festival boast several competitions including competitions for the biggest lemon, nicest statue out of lemon and several lemon delicacies can be tasted.
- The day of San Giacomo and the celebration of the sea (July): The two-day festival is one of the major festivals to take place in Cinque Terre. The festival boasts a procession with 100 kg crosses are being carried by very strong local menalong the main street of Levanto.When everyone reaches the sea, thousands of candles are let to float on the water which is an amazing sight. The day is finished with fireworks which you can enjoy from the deck chairs on the beach.
- Portovenere–Festa della Madonna Bianca (August): On the occasion of the vibrant festival, Church of San Pietro and the surrounding rocks are illuminated by hundreds of huge candles. The breath taking sight attracts local as well as international visitors.
- Harvest (September): On the terraces of the Cinque Terre, harvest starts around the middle of September. The entire town is busy with grape harvesting which is followed by the Anchovy and olive festival where one can taste several local dishes made with the wonderful Monterosso anchovies.
The best trip plans created by users and travel experts that cover the top spots and attractions of Cinque Terre