How to Reach Cinque Terre
The Easiest Way to Reach Cinque Terre
HOW TO GET TO CINQUE TERREIS
- By Plane: The nearest airports are the Cristoforo Colombo international airport in Genoa and the "Galileo Galilei" international airport in Pisa.The city of Milan is about a 2-hour train ride to Genoa where one is able to change to the local train line.
- By Train: Train is the best and the easiest way to get to Cinque Terre. The train is the ideal means of transport in the Cinque Terre. The runs are very frequent, especially the trains from Genova and La Spezia during the summer. The Cinque Terre villages are well connected by rail and each of the villages has a train station.
- By Car: It is possible to approach the villages of Cinque Terre by car. However, historical centres are closed to car traffic and the car is of no use in the settlement. The rent for the car is high along with the high parking charges in the villages, making it an inconvenient option to go via car.
- By Boat: The Consorzio Marittimo Turistico runs boat trips from La Spezia to the Cinque Terre as well as excursions along the coast.
HOW TO GET AROUND CINQUE TERREIS
- By Train: Frequent trains link all five villages with each other. A single ticket costs 4 EUR for this train. f you are planning to take the train several times a day, it's better to purchase the Cinque Terre Train Card which includes a hiking pass as well. The cost of the pass is 16 Euros.
- By Boat: A more expensive, but very scenic option, are the boats that run up and down this part of the coast. The price of an all-day boat pass is about 30 Euros.
- On Foot: Walking is the cheapest and the best option to explore Cinque Terre. In order to walk along the trails between the villages, one must purchase a passwhich is available at the information offices near the train stations at any of the five villages. The cost of the pass in around 7.5 Euros.
Modes of Transportation in Cinque Terre
Know about the preferred mode of transport, average time spent and average distance traveled for commute in Cinque Terre. The most preferred mode of transport in Cinque Terre is Walking.
Average distance: 18.5 km Average time: 27.5 min
Walking 50%Walking 5 min Overall average time for 1 kms 5 min
Train/Metro 50%Train 25 min Walking 15 min Waiting 10 min Overall average time for 36 kms 50 min
- Other Cities on Triphobo
- How To Reach Trieste
- How To Reach Ravenna
- How To Reach Palermo
- How To Reach Rimini
- How To Reach Bergamo
- How To Reach Lucca
- How To Reach Alghero
- How To Reach Como
- How To Reach Bellagio
- How To Reach Manarola
- Cities Near Cinque Terre
- How To Reach Rome
- How To Reach Florence
- How To Reach Venice
- How To Reach Naples
- How To Reach Milan
- How To Reach Positano
- How To Reach Catania
- How To Reach Padua
- How To Reach Siena
- How To Reach Ferrara