Cleveland Botanical Garden225 Votes Currently Closed
- Address: 11030 East Blvd, Cleveland, OH 44106, United States
- Timings: 10:00 am - 05:00 pm Details
- Phone: +1-2167211600
- Ticket Price: 11 USD
- Time Required: 03:00 Hrs
- Tags: Art Gallery, Garden, Botanical Garden, Play, Family And Kids, Photo Gallery, Bird Watching, Green House
Founded in 1930, it was originally known as Garden Centre of Greater Cleveland and was a centre where the workshops were being held for gardeners and to take up the task of adorning the City with beautiful flowers and lush green plants/ trees.
The garden was renamed in 1994 and was called “Cleveland Botanical Garden”. Botanical garden got bigger and better with projects like Eleanor Armstrong Smith glasshouse home to two very different climates Madagascar and Costa Rica home to 350 species of plants, 50 types of butterflies, birds and reptiles. Get a chance to see chameleon feedings and butterfly releases every day a fun activity for kids of all ages!
There are various other gardens each with its distinct style and the Gardens also conduct various programs based on the audience to help them understand and appreciate this fragile ecosystem.
Guren Art Gallery – The art gallery on second floor is a must visit if you are an art fan it has on display works of art by artists from all over the nation in different mediums painting, photography, sculptures etc.
Cleveland Botanical Garden Travel Tips
- Don’t miss to see newly hatched butterflies fly for the first time – 2:00 PM everyday
- Garden is wheelchair accessible please inquire at the main lobby.
- Complimentary tickets to Bus drivers.
- Group reservation should be made at least a month in advance and 50% deposit be made at least 2 weeks in advance for guided tours.
- Unguided tours be booked at least 2 weeks in advance.
Entrance Ticket Details For Cleveland Botanical Garden
- Free for members.
- For Adults: $11
- Children (3-12): $6
- Free for children under 3 years
- Free for military personnel, veterans & immediate families.
- Groups (15+ people): $11
- Senior Groups (15+ people): $9.50
- Guided visits: $12.50 per person
- Parking for visitors: $6
- Parking for Non-visitors: $9 for first 2.5 hours and after that $1 per 30 minutes.
How to Reach Cleveland Botanical Garden
- Bus# 38 will take you to Ford Dr & East Blvd, East Blvd & Hazel Rd and Ford Rd & Bellflower Rd
- The Garden Cafe – located in the Botanical garden
- L'Albatros Brasserie + Bar (reservation required)
- Falafel Cafe Middle Eastern
- Ninja City
- Qdoba Mexican Grill
- Coquette Patisserie
Love this? Explore the entire list of places to visit in Cleveland before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Cleveland and book an accommodation of your choice.
19.35% of people who visit Cleveland include Cleveland Botanical Garden in their plan
3 PM - 4 PM
39.29% of people start their Cleveland Botanical Garden visit around 3 PM - 4 PM
People usually take around 3 Hrs to see Cleveland Botanical Garden
90.65% of people prefer to travel by car while visiting Cleveland Botanical Garden
Cleveland Botanical Garden Reviews & Ratings
They really fixed this up really nice! They are adding more features in the garden too. The green houses is a beautiful site to see. I’ve been a couple times just to get some fresh air and relax. Very tranquil outing for sure! So much beautiful plants and trees! It’s amazing! For Parking the 1st half hr is free than after that it $10.
Cleveland botanical garden is a perfect place to take the kids out for a weekend afternoon. They have an outdoor section with multiple themed gardens including a rose garden, a Japaneses garden and a play area with a tree house for kids. The outdoor section is very picturesque and a fun walk with a lot of small chipmunks and rabbits. The interior section has 2 glasshouses. One was a tropical greenhouse with a lot of butterflies and an indoor waterfall. The tropical ambience was great and would be a good break from the snow in the winters. The second glass house was based on the spiny desert of Madagascar, smaller than the tropical one but its got tortoises.
This is such a wonderful place for people of all ages. The gardens and walking paths are so well kept, their annual special events such as their holiday gingerbread house show and orchid show are fantastic! I’ve been to many of their butterfly releases they offer daily and have thoroughly enjoyed them! Highly recommended this place for blissful afternoon full of beautiful foliage.
Anyone visiting Cleveland and the locals MUST come to the Botanical Garden. This is one of the most gorgeous and pleasant attractions you’ll experience. There are gardens inside and outside, beautiful plants, inviting landscapes, and the huge diversity of sites. Make sure to visit their site because they always have events and great information to read before visiting. I keep coming back and bringing my out-of-town friends and they always enjoy it.
Beautiful, serene, and well-maintained gardens and exhibits featuring flowers both native and exotic. Lovely way to spend a morning. Many of the plants seem to be butterfly-friendly and attract many of those beauties, which we very much enjoyed admiring on our walk.