Cleveland Botanical GardenCurrently Closed
- Address: 11030 East Blvd, Cleveland, OH 44106, United States
- Timings: 10:00 am - 05:00 pm Details
- Phone: +1-2167211600
- Ticket Price: 11 USD
- Time Required: 03:00 Hrs
- Tags: Art Gallery, Garden, Botanical Garden, Play, Family And Kids, Photo Gallery, Bird Watching, Green House
Founded in 1930, it was originally known as Garden Centre of Greater Cleveland and was a centre where the workshops were being held for gardeners and to take up the task of adorning the City with beautiful flowers and lush green plants/ trees.
The garden was renamed in 1994 and was called “Cleveland Botanical Garden”. Botanical garden got bigger and better with projects like Eleanor Armstrong Smith glasshouse home to two very different climates Madagascar and Costa Rica home to 350 species of plants, 50 types of butterflies, birds and reptiles. Get a chance to see chameleon feedings and butterfly releases every day a fun activity for kids of all ages!
There are various other gardens each with its distinct style and the Gardens also conduct various programs based on the audience to help them understand and appreciate this fragile ecosystem.
Guren Art Gallery – The art gallery on second floor is a must visit if you are an art fan it has on display works of art by artists from all over the nation in different mediums painting, photography, sculptures etc.
- Don’t miss to see newly hatched butterflies fly for the first time – 2:00 PM everyday
- Garden is wheelchair accessible please inquire at the main lobby.
- Complimentary tickets to Bus drivers.
- Group reservation should be made at least a month in advance and 50% deposit be made at least 2 weeks in advance for guided tours.
- Unguided tours be booked at least 2 weeks in advance.
- Free for members.
- For Adults: $11
- Children (3-12): $6
- Free for children under 3 years
- Free for military personnel, veterans & immediate families.
- Groups (15+ people): $11
- Senior Groups (15+ people): $9.50
- Guided visits: $12.50 per person
- Parking for visitors: $6
- Parking for Non-visitors: $9 for first 2.5 hours and after that $1 per 30 minutes.
- Bus# 38 will take you to Ford Dr & East Blvd, East Blvd & Hazel Rd and Ford Rd & Bellflower Rd
- The Garden Cafe – located in the Botanical garden
- L'Albatros Brasserie + Bar (reservation required)
- Falafel Cafe Middle Eastern
- Ninja City
- Qdoba Mexican Grill
- Coquette Patisserie
Love this? Explore the entire list of things to do in Cleveland before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Cleveland and book an accommodation of your choice.
26.76% of people who visit Cleveland include Cleveland Botanical Garden in their plan
3 PM - 4 PM
39.29% of people start their Cleveland Botanical Garden visit around 3 PM - 4 PM
People usually take around 3 Hrs to see Cleveland Botanical Garden
90.65% of people prefer to travel by car while visiting Cleveland Botanical Garden
Always impressed by the Botanical Gardens in Cleveland! I would recommend going to the gardens when they have a particular exhibit being featured, but it is still a good time even when they don't. There is a nice mix of things that are indoor and that also leads outdoor as well so seasonally you can go all year round but I always find it nicest in the Summer. One of my favorite parts of the Gardens is the butterfly room which has what feels like hundreds of beautiful butterflies around the room as you are able to walk around. There are tons of different flowers and plants all around that surely make it a must-see of Cleveland! It is also located right around all the other popular museums in the area so there is a lot to do around here!
What a wonderful place. The herb garden was great and the best we have ever seen so far. Many other plants and rose bushes. The tropical forest glass house with all it's birds and butterflies was great fun and my family really enjoyed it. Cleveland continues to be a pleasant surprise for us.
A photographers dream. Fun for adults and children. Lots of great things to look and examine closely. The indoor garden is beautiful and filled with butterflies you can capture with camera and if you hold still they just might land on you. The outside garden is beautiful too. Small playground areas outside for the kids too. We love this place and go at least once a year.
Nice place. Beautiful butterfly area - could have stayed there for hours watching the butterflies. There are beautiful rose gardens here. I really enjoyed sitting in them with my daughter looking at all the beautiful blooms. There is a great play area for kids. The gift shop is very nice with a lot of unique choices for gifts.
Love all the activities we can do here with the kids. Getting a membership is well worth the discount you get on so many activities and going in the summer pays for itself! We did the bootanical bash today, which we've done before, but tons of crafts and fun things as well as trick-or-treating. I would say no older than 7 for this activity. I also had a woman ask me if she should purchase tickets in advance today which I would say yes as it typically sells out.