Cleveland Museum Of Art, Cleveland
Cleveland Museum Of Art, Cleveland - Address, Phone Number
Address: 11150 East Boulevard, Cleveland, OH 44106, United States
Time Required: 04:00 Hrs
Timings: 10:00 am - 05:00 pm Details
Added 5.2K times in trip plans
Art And Culture, Art Museum, Library, Food And Drinks
Try TripHobo to create your itinerary
Are you associated with this business? Get in touch
About Cleveland Museum Of Art, Cleveland
One of the wealthiest museums in the Nation, Cleveland Museum of Art is famous for its collection of Asian and Egyptian art and is home to over 43000 works of art from around the World.
In line with the vision of its founders – “For the benefit of all people, forever”, General admission at the museum is free since it was made open for the public in 1916.
Museum’s collection is divided into 15 departments - Chinese Art, Modern European Art, African Art, Drawings, Prints, European Painting & Sculpture, Textiles & Islamic Art, American Painting & Sculpture, Greek & Roman Art, Contemporary Art, Medieval Art, Decorative Art & Design, Art of the Ancient Americas and Oceania, Photography and Contemporary Art. The museum is also working on adding works of 20th Century art works.
Apart from the Museum, the premise is also home to one of the biggest and best libraries in the Nation - working on storing and maintaining books and pictures from different time periods and genres.
Time to take a peek into the history!
Cleveland Museum Of Art Information
- North lobby and atrium have ATMs.
- Please do not touch any work of art, it tends to damage the invaluable masterpieces.
- Smoking is prohibited in the Museum premises.
- Bags, purse or backpacks bigger than 11x15x6 inches will have to be stored in a locker.
- Umbrellas to be stored at coat check.
- Visitors are not allowed to carry any food items or drinks from outside.
- If you wish to take photographs, please refrain from using flash – excluding any copyright works, special exhibitions or works of art on loan.
Cleveland Museum Of Art Ticket Prices
- Museum doesn’t charge any entrance fee to visit permanent collection.
Cleveland Museum Of Art Opening and Closing Hours
- Daily tours start at 1:30 pm; Monday to Friday and at 2:30 pm on Saturdays & Sundays.
- Ingalls Library: Tuesday to Friday 10 am to 5 pm (Open till 7:30 pm during academic year).
- Guided tours start from 1 pm (Tuesday to Saturday).
- Additional tours are offered at 2 pm on Saturdays and Sundays.
- Provenance (Cafe timings) Tuesday, Thursday, Saturday and Sunday 10 am to 4:30 pm; Wednesday and Friday timings 10 am to 8:30 pm.
How To reach Cleveland Museum Of Art by Public Transport
- Bus# 48-48A, 58 will take you to 2030 Adelbert Rd.
- Bus# 9 will take you to Euclid Av & Adelbert Rd Station.
Restaurants Near Cleveland Museum Of Art
- Provenance and Provenance Cafe (reservation required)– Museum premises
- Michelson and Morley
- L'Albatros Brasserie+Bar (reservation required)
- Garden Cafe
- Qdoba Mexican Grill
Love this? Explore the entire list of things to do in Cleveland before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Cleveland and book an accommodation of your choice.
Cleveland Museum Of Art, Cleveland Reviews - Write a Review
This is, without a doubt, the nicest art gallery open to the public. From ancient Hindu statues to modern works of photography and video. The building itself is quite beautiful and the gift shop, while expensive, is very nice. There is a coat check, and this is because you can't take wear coats or carry singular items into the museum. Purses are accepted though. The staff are extremely intelligent and helpful.
We love going to the Cleveland Museum of Art. We got tickets to see the Jazz Age American style in the 1920s. It was pretty cool. The only thing that I would have liked is if they would have had more on Jazz itself. The music of the arrow is not really Incorporated it was more furniture jewelry for men fashion
Great museum! I love the American permanent exhibit. Gray and Gold is my favorite painting. Also, the restaurant is great! I really recommend the trout and the sweet potato with veggies and eggs! Yum!
This place is beautiful. Multiple levels, free admission, galleries all over, plentiful & helpful staff, food, and live performances. There is parking in garages that you will have to pay for or you can park at a meter on the street but those fill up fast. Meter parking is free on the weekends and in the evenings. Alternatively, you can park on the west side of the museum on MLK Dr for free as well
This was a really great way for my Fiancé and I to spend a day out that won't break the bank. I think our grand total was $15 for parking and free admittance for the day. The armor room is great and I could have spent all day in just that room. No matter what type of art you enjoy best you'll find it here!