The Cleveland Museum Of ArtCurrently Open [Closes at 05:00 pm]
- Address: 11150 East Boulevard, Cleveland, OH 44106, United States, 44106
- Timings: 10:00 am - 05:00 pm Details
- Phone: +1-2164217350
- Fax: +1-2167072484
- Ticket Price: Free
- Time Required: 04:00 Hrs
- Tags: Art And Culture, Art Museums, Library, Food And Drinks, Social, Arts, Museums
One of the wealthiest museums in the Nation, Cleveland Museum of Art is famous for its collection of Asian and Egyptian art and is home to over 43000 works of art from around the World.
In line with the vision of its founders – “For the benefit of all people, forever”, General admission at the museum is free since it was made open for the public in 1916.
Museum’s collection is divided into 15 departments - Chinese Art, Modern European Art, African Art, Drawings, Prints, European Painting & Sculpture, Textiles & Islamic Art, American Painting & Sculpture, Greek & Roman Art, Contemporary Art, Medieval Art, Decorative Art & Design, Art of the Ancient Americas and Oceania, Photography and Contemporary Art. The museum is also working on adding works of 20th Century art works.
Apart from the Museum, the premise is also home to one of the biggest and best libraries in the Nation - working on storing and maintaining books and pictures from different time periods and genres.
Time to take a peek into the history!
- North lobby and atrium have ATMs.
- Please do not touch any work of art, it tends to damage the invaluable masterpieces.
- Smoking is prohibited in the Museum premises.
- Bags, purse or backpacks bigger than 11x15x6 inches will have to be stored in a locker.
- Umbrellas to be stored at coat check.
- Visitors are not allowed to carry any food items or drinks from outside.
- If you wish to take photographs, please refrain from using flash – excluding any copyright works, special exhibitions or works of art on loan.
- Museum doesn’t charge any entrance fee to visit permanent collection.
- Daily tours start at 1:30 pm; Monday to Friday and at 2:30 pm on Saturdays & Sundays.
- Ingalls Library: Tuesday to Friday 10 am to 5 pm (Open till 7:30 pm during academic year).
- Guided tours start from 1 pm (Tuesday to Saturday).
- Additional tours are offered at 2 pm on Saturdays and Sundays.
- Provenance (Cafe timings) Tuesday, Thursday, Saturday and Sunday 10 am to 4:30 pm; Wednesday and Friday timings 10 am to 8:30 pm.
- Bus# 48-48A, 58 will take you to 2030 Adelbert Rd.
- Bus# 9 will take you to Euclid Av & Adelbert Rd Station.
- Provenance and Provenance Cafe (reservation required)– Museum premises
- Michelson and Morley
- L'Albatros Brasserie+Bar (reservation required)
- Garden Cafe
- Qdoba Mexican Grill
Love this? Explore the entire list of things to do in Cleveland before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Cleveland and book an accommodation of your choice.
63.45% of people who visit Cleveland include The Cleveland Museum Of Art in their plan
10 AM - 11 AM
52.38% of people start their The Cleveland Museum Of Art visit around 10 AM - 11 AM
People usually take around 4 Hrs to see The Cleveland Museum Of Art
90.24% of people prefer to travel by car while visiting The Cleveland Museum Of Art
It's free. It's actually walk in the door, walk past these people, walk past those people free. It's marvelous. It has actual paintings and art from people you've heard of -and tons of people you haven't heard of- but you can nod your head and feel confident that you've heard of Warhol, and look cool while nodding. It's quiet and real museum-y. The protectors of this place take that seriously. Do not stand too close or a suited person will run over to the painting you are looking at and give you a quiet nudge to stand back or move on. You deserve it, don't be mad at them. These things cost more than all the money you will see in your lifetime. Dine here. There is a restaurant that I don't think I'll ever go to, and there is a pricey completely fancy "cafeteria." But I don't think it's pricey so much as it charges the prices that it deserves to charge. I come here just to eat, I don't even look at the art. I can't afford to come here but once a month, but I enjoy it so so much when I do. (Or, most times of the year, there is a hot dog vendor outside and you can get a dog, pop, and chips for 3 bucks.)
I went to a mixer here. Got to walk through the exhibits a little, then go down and dance and have a few drinks in the main lobby. Our crew had a great time. The art was diverse and unique, and the party was pretty high energy and fun. They also had crafts and stuff going on. Would definitely recommend
Are you into Art? History? Anything? I've gone to the museum dozens of times but I didn't experience it the same way this time. I took my daughter and we explored through her eyes. The staff were all so nice and explained pieces to her on a kid level which I did not request. One amazing guy even took a picture of us with my daughter's favorite piece in the Armour Room.
Came here for a special exhibit and was very impressed with how organized the whole experience was. I appreciate all the folks there to answer questions and guide you through. The museum is always a pleasure to visit regardless of a special event. Definitely one of the finest places in Cleveland!
Beautiful array of works, wonderfully organized, flows well, and is very large. I love to come here just to view the sheer number of art from many a time period, even back to thousands of years in the past. A rich historical view juxtaposed with modern displays allows for a wonderful day out.