Cleveland Museum Of Natural HistoryCurrently Closed
- Address: 1 Wade Oval Dr, Cleveland, OH 44106, United States
- Timings: 10:00 am - 05:00 pm Details
- Phone: +1-2162314600
- Ticket Price: 14 USD
- Time Required: 03:00 Hrs
- Tags: Geological Formation, Family And Kids, Archaeological Site , Exhibition , Natural History Museums
Located in University circle, this museum was established in 1920 in order to carry out research on subjects like anthropology, archaeology, botany, geology, palaeontology, zoology and few others. The museum has collection of more than 4 million exhibits permanent exhibits focus on how the Universe was formed and the evolution of human beings.
A new planetarium was introduced in 2002 – exhibits on Solar system, exploration instruments used in earlier times among others.
- Call +1 216-231-8002 to inquire and book a group tour.
- Free for members.
- For Adults (19+): $14
- For Youth (3-18): $10
- College students: $10 (if carrying valid ID)
- For Seniors: $10 (60+ or if carrying a Golden Buckeye Card)
- Free for children under 2.
- On Wednesdays, a flat fee of $7 will apply after 5:00 PM.
- Planetarium tickets: $5
- Parking fees: $8 for first 2 and a half tours and then $1 for each additional half hour.
- Special event parking: $10
- Museum sponsored special event parking: $6
- Bus# 10 to Mt. Sinai Dr & E 105th St
- Bus# 38 to East Blvd & E 108th St, East Blvd & Hazel Rd and Ford Dr & East Blvd
- The Blue Cafe at the Museum
- Provenance and Provenance Cafe (reservation required)
- Garden Cafe
- Falafel Cafe Middle Eastern
- Michelson and Morley
- Presti’s Bakery & Cafe
- Mia Bella
- Piccadilly Artisan Creamery
Love this? Explore the entire list of things to do in Cleveland before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Cleveland and book an accommodation of your choice.
19.98% of people who visit Cleveland include Cleveland Museum Of Natural History in their plan
11 AM - 12 PM
30.43% of people start their Cleveland Museum Of Natural History visit around 11 AM - 12 PM
People usually take around 3 Hrs to see Cleveland Museum Of Natural History
71.43% of people prefer to travel by car while visiting Cleveland Museum Of Natural History
I was just looking for something easy and fun to do with my parents coming into town and we decided to come here. Loved learning about the earth and the nature around us. So many amazing artifacts. Come while the weather is good so you can check out the animals!
The Natural History Museum was a great experience, but not one I would do often. We found the security personnel to be very friendly, as well as the service desk to be above average. There wasn't as much to do as the Cleveland Museum of Art (free), or the Science Center (a bit cheaper). The exhibits range from cutting edge and super interesting, to a collection of rock pieces from around the state. Overall, recommended, but not for those who bored by science and history.
Took the kids here and they loved it. They loved all the displays about dinosaurs and all the different type of animals there. I was more into the science aspect of the place. Very fun and educational. 👍👍
Good displays and variety. Could be more staff around as I saw many, many kid-visitors just whamming the hell out of the interactive exhibits, and parents not doing anything to correct their children. I guess teaching and showing manners is simply not important to many parents I had to watch in horror!
We had a great time exploring the exhibits. The staff were friendly and helpful. They answered all our questions (we had a lot!) And engaged in conversation with our children who we're very curious about everything. Great for all ages. Our two year old to our 15 year old enjoyed our visit.