Cleveland Museum Of Natural HistoryCurrently Closed
- Address: 1 Wade Oval Dr, Cleveland, OH 44106, United States
- Timings: 10:00 am - 05:00 pm Details
- Phone: +1-2162314600
- Ticket Price: 14 USD
- Time Required: 03:00 Hrs
- Tags: Geological Formation, Family And Kids, Archaeological Site , Exhibition , Natural History Museums
Located in University circle, this museum was established in 1920 in order to carry out research on subjects like anthropology, archaeology, botany, geology, palaeontology, zoology and few others. The museum has collection of more than 4 million exhibits permanent exhibits focus on how the Universe was formed and the evolution of human beings.
A new planetarium was introduced in 2002 – exhibits on Solar system, exploration instruments used in earlier times among others.
- Call +1 216-231-8002 to inquire and book a group tour.
- Free for members.
- For Adults (19+): $14
- For Youth (3-18): $10
- College students: $10 (if carrying valid ID)
- For Seniors: $10 (60+ or if carrying a Golden Buckeye Card)
- Free for children under 2.
- On Wednesdays, a flat fee of $7 will apply after 5:00 PM.
- Planetarium tickets: $5
- Parking fees: $8 for first 2 and a half tours and then $1 for each additional half hour.
- Special event parking: $10
- Museum sponsored special event parking: $6
- Bus# 10 to Mt. Sinai Dr & E 105th St
- Bus# 38 to East Blvd & E 108th St, East Blvd & Hazel Rd and Ford Dr & East Blvd
- The Blue Cafe at the Museum
- Provenance and Provenance Cafe (reservation required)
- Garden Cafe
- Falafel Cafe Middle Eastern
- Michelson and Morley
- Presti’s Bakery & Cafe
- Mia Bella
- Piccadilly Artisan Creamery
Love this? Explore the entire list of things to do in Cleveland before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Cleveland and book an accommodation of your choice.
20.07% of people who visit Cleveland include Cleveland Museum Of Natural History in their plan
11 AM - 12 PM
30.43% of people start their Cleveland Museum Of Natural History visit around 11 AM - 12 PM
People usually take around 3 Hrs to see Cleveland Museum Of Natural History
71.43% of people prefer to travel by car while visiting Cleveland Museum Of Natural History
We had a great time exploring the exhibits. The staff were friendly and helpful. They answered all our questions (we had a lot!) And engaged in conversation with our children who we're very curious about everything. Great for all ages. Our two year old to our 15 year old enjoyed our visit.
Really enjoyed my time here. I especially like a museum of this size that has an amount of information that is presented in a way that one can cover the majority of it without feeling exhausted. The presentations are also done so that there is plenty for both adults and kids to dig into.
My son loves dinosaurs and as a result we've been to many museums and exhibits in U.S. and a few in Europe and this is by far my favorite. The layout and scale of the hall and seeing the lab and current projects is a highlight. There are friendly staff in every room/location to answer questions and point you toward points of interest. It is clear that they take pride in the museum. The gift shop also very well organized with a wide variety of products with a wide variety of cute and interesting items at a lower price point. Excellent. Can't wait to return.
A fantastic museum and always getting better. Some exhibits are 30+ years old and still fun to look at/ interact with. The relatively new outdoor animal rescue area is always a highlight, but especially around feeding time (2pm or so)
My event planning company recently visited her while we were on a business trip to Cleveland. I had an amazing time! I love dinosaurs and this place was full of them! I could hardly stand in line long enough to get my ticket before exploring the museum! An extra bonus was the love animal exhibits outside. It was super fun!