Cuyahoga Valley National Park114 Votes Currently Open
- Address: 7104 Canal Rd, Cleveland, OH 44125, United States
- Timings: 06:00 am - 07:00 pm Details
- Phone: +1-2165241497
- Time Required: 07:00 Hrs
- Tags: Cave, National Park, Trail, Hiking Trail, Biking Trail, Concert, Family And Kids, Picnic Spot, Bird Watching
Literally translating to “Crooked River”, it is the only National Park in Ohio and is located between Akron and Cleveland. It is maintained by National Park Service. Designated as a National Park in 2000.
Being the only National Park in the area, it attracts huge crowd all year round and more so during summer. But that is just one reason – waterfalls, hiking, biking and jogging trails, caves, chance to do some bird-watching, roll your cameras at the sight of various wildflowers and lush green patches, breath-taking railroad; private events like art exhibitions, weddings, concerts; and many more reasons to visit and enjoy a day of picnic with friends and family!
And as if this wasn’t enough, Cuyahoga National Park is also home to some of the historic attractions like Stanford House and Towpath trailheads.
Before you visit National park, it is best to make a quick at visitor centre at 1550 Boston Mills Road, east of Riverview Road, Peninsula, Ohio 44264 – Get a guide map, talk to staff about any precautions you might have to take or any do’s and don’ts, any park closures and about any events being held at the time of your visit.
Cuyahoga Valley National Park Travel Tips
- Check the Park’s website or make sure you make a stop at visitor centre in order to learn if Par has any closures at the time of your visit.
- Alcoholic beverages are not allowed inside the Park.
- Carry your picnic basket there are many spots in the Park – first come first serve basis.
- Sites at The Ledges and Octagon Shelters can be booked by paying the reservation fee.
- Unless otherwise told, make sure you do not come in contact with river water at any time.
- Visitor centre will remain closed on Thanksgiving Day, Christmas and New Year.
- For organizing an activity, permission is required- wedding photography, renting the Park, Research activities, filming; etc.
- Visitor centres and main attractions in the Park are easily accessible by all. However, if you need any help with wheelchair, interpreter, audio descriptions of the park and its attractions.
Entrance Ticket Details For Cuyahoga Valley National Park
- While there is no entry fee to access the park, visitors are encouraged to donate for “Conservancy for Cuyahoga Valley National Park”.
- There will be admission fees if you are attending a concert or any other program.
Cuyahoga Valley National Park Hours
Visitor Centre Timings:
- Spring: Monday to Friday – 10:00 AM to 4:00 PM; Saturday & Sunday – 9:30 AM to 5:00 PM
- Summer: Monday to Sunday – 8:00 AM to 6:00 PM
- Fall: Monday to Sunday (Sep & Oct) – 9:30 AM to 5:00 PM; November – 10:00 AM to 4:00 PM
- Winter: Monday to Sunday – 10:00 AM to 4:00 PM
Areas in the Park closed from Dusk to Morning:
- Brandywine Falls
- Kendall Lake
- Happy Days South Parking Area
- Kendall Hill Area on Quick Road
Areas closed for swimming:
- Indigo Lake
- Kendall Lake
How to Reach Cuyahoga Valley National Park
- Bus# 77F – Brecksville Rd & Hillside Rd, Brecksville Rd & Dora Blvd
- Tony's Restaurant & Deli
- Guiseppe's Restaurant
- Farinacci Pizza
- Austin’s Wood Fire Grille (reservation required)
Love this? Explore the entire list of places to visit in Cleveland before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Cleveland and book an accommodation of your choice.
9.44% of people who visit Cleveland include Cuyahoga Valley National Park in their plan
62.5% of people start their Cuyahoga Valley National Park visit around 06 AM
People usually take around 7 Hrs to see Cuyahoga Valley National Park
95% of people prefer to travel by car while visiting Cuyahoga Valley National Park
Cuyahoga Valley National Park Reviews & Ratings
How far a drive from Cleveland is Cuyahoga Valley National ParkAnswer Report Abuse
The distance between Cleveland and Cuyahoga Valley National Park is around 20 miles and it takes a little more than half an hour to reach depending on traffic.Report Abuse