Great Lakes Science Center184 Votes Currently Closed
- Address: 601 Erieside Ave, Cleveland, OH 44114, United States
- Timings: 10:00 am - 05:00 pm Details
- Phone: +1-2166942000
- Time Required: 03:30 Hrs
- Tags: Science Museums, Family And Kids, Lake, Exhibition
Whether a science fan or not, a visit to Great Lakes Science Centre is sure to be fun! It has on display permanent and temporary exhibitions aimed at educating the visitors about various aspects of Science.
Opened in 1996, Museum supports a STEM model Science, Technology, Engineering and Math. It also has a NASA Glenn Visitor Centre one of the very few centres in the Country get a feel of how the scientists stay and work in space! Invoke the scientist in you at Science Phenomena and explore electricity, motion, magnetism, sound etc. Understand how science impacts our lives with latest innovations and discoveries at BioMedTech gallery, Get aboard on a steamship William G. Mather to learn and understand a 618-foot flagship and its cargo storage, quarters and engine room!
The museum aims at educating the visitors through exhibits, screening films at OMNIMAX, various programs designed for specific audience! It is going to be one of those times when you wouldn’t mind getting to the basics and learn more about Science and how it helps and impacts our lives!
Great Lakes Science Center Travel Tips
- Children under 15 years of age must be accompanied by an adult.
- Parking is available at the attached facility. Visitors to Science centre will get parking at special rates.
- Science centre will remain closed on Thanksgiving and Christmas.
- Steamship – William G. Mather will be open to public from May to October.
Entrance Ticket Details For Great Lakes Science Center
- General Admission: Adult $14; Youth (2-12) $12
- OMNIMAX only: Adult $11; Youth (2-12) $9
- General n OMNIMAX: Adult $19; Youth (2-12) $17
- Steamship (seasonal): Adult $8; Youth (5-12) $6; Free for youth under 5.
- General n Steamship: Adult $19; Youth (2-12) $17
- All the attractions: Adult $23; Youth (2-12) $21
- Seniors (65+) and Students will get a discount of $1, provided they are carrying valid ID
- Military Personnel will get a discount of $1 on user +1 ticket
- Bank of America Debit & Credit card holders will get free admission on first weekend on every month to general admission – not applicable on OMNIMAX, any special exhibition or Steamship exhibition.
Steamship–William G Mather Ticket Prices:
- Free for members.
- For Adults: $8
- Seniors (65+): $7
- Youth (5-12): $6
- Free for children under 5 years of age.
Great Lakes Science Center Hours
- Tuesday to Saturday: 10 AM to 5 PM
- Sunday: 12 PM to 5 PM
- Science centre will remain closed on Mondays.
- Tuesday to Friday: 10 AM to 3:30 PM
- Saturday: 10 AM to 4 PM
- Sunday: 12 PM to 3:30 PM
OMNIMAX Stand Hours:
- Saturday: 11 AM to 4 PM
- Sunday: 12 PM to 4 PM
Science Store Hours:
- Monday to Sunday: 10 AM to 5 PM
How to Reach Great Lakes Science Center
- Bus# 64 will take you directly to Great Lakes Science Centre bus stop. It will also make a stop at Rock-n-Roll Hall of Fame.
- Science centre has an in-house restaurant at the lower level – The Cafe
- Malley's Chocolates
- Blue Point Grille (reservation required)
- Urban Farmer
- Pura Vida by Brandt (reservation required)
- The Flaming Ice Cube
- Pho Thang Cafe
- Winks Bar and Grille
Love this? Explore the entire list of places to visit in Cleveland before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Cleveland and book an accommodation of your choice.
16.23% of people who visit Cleveland include Great Lakes Science Center in their plan
10 AM - 11 AM
60.61% of people start their Great Lakes Science Center visit around 10 AM - 11 AM
3 Hrs 30 Minutes
People usually take around 3 Hrs 30 Minutes to see Great Lakes Science Center
91.3% of people prefer to travel by car while visiting Great Lakes Science Center
Great Lakes Science Center Reviews & Ratings
Our family visited here during a recent trip to the area. This is a nice facility. The NASA Glenn displays were interesting and informative. The top floor had a wide variety of hands on science displays that are fun for all ages. There is a parking garage attached to the Center. I highly recommend visiting here.
The science center here is Cleveland is wonderful. Very interactive and offers lots for all ages. As an adult, I really enjoyed the information birds next to each exhibit. The kids loved every floor. I never heard the children complain about being bored. The staff was friendly and kept the museum tidy. If you’re coming from a city that has a science centre, make sure you have membership from there (like Toronto). You can use it with this centre and save a lot.
This place is great for kids and that's about it. My husband and I went not knowing it was for children. Only had access to the main floor. Very disappointing for the price we paid. Was a waste of money. Food cost was outrageous. Very misleading. Should be renamed "Children Center".
My husband and I, grown adults, thoroughly enjoyed our time at the museum. It truly is enjoyable for people of all ages. We highly recommend!
Beware of Summer camps payment policies. No matter what the reason, you are unable to get a refund if you have to cancel a child's enrollment. They will keep your money and offer you classes in the 'future'. I would stay away from camps with these policies since life is not always predictable and things happen. This place will keep your money and add more stress to your life if anything should happen.