The Rock N Roll Hall Of Fame And MuseumCurrently Closed
- Address: 1100 East 9th Street, Cleveland, OH 44114, United States
- Timings: 10:00 am - 05:30 pm Details
- Phone: +1-2167817625
- Ticket Price: 22 USD
- Time Required: 05:00 Hrs
- Tags: Museum, Performance, Theatre, Family And Kids
The Rock N Roll Hall Of Fame And Museum - Review
Dedicated to music artists, producers, engineers and others who have in some way or the other have influenced the music industry; it was made open to public in 1995.
Located on the shores of Lake Erie, Museum has seven levels–each level celebrating music and its evolution over a period of time.
- Lower Level: Ahmet M. Ertegun, it is the main gallery with exhibitions on the roots of Rock n Roll, cities that have had impact on Rock n Roll music, Soul music, Atlantic records, Mid-west music, protests held against Rock n Roll, Individual artists like Beatles, the Rolling Stones, Jimi Hendrix and others and two theatres.
- First Floor: It has a stage that Museum uses for hosting various events throughout the year and an exhibit called “Right Here, Right Now” that focuses on contemporary artists.
- Second Floor: Interactive kiosks that tell visitors about the songs that made a great impact on Rock n Roll and an exhibit on artists like Les Paul, Alan Freed, Sam Phillips.
- Third Floor: Hall of Fame exhibit, a wall showcasing the signatures of all the Inductees, a theatre and an exhibit that displays achievements of Inductees.
- Fourth Floor: A state of the art 3D theatre–Foster Theatre.
- Fifth and Sixth Floors: Dedicated to temporary exhibits.
The Rock N Roll Hall Of Fame And Museum Information
- Smoking is prohibited in the premises.
- Do not carry any backpack, purse or any luggage along.
- Cell phones should be on silent/vibration at all times during your visit.
The Rock N Roll Hall Of Fame And Museum Ticket Prices
- Museum is available on rent if you would like to host a wedding reception, parties or a business conference.
- Adults accompanying kids will be given free admission (1 for every 10 kids).
- Bus drivers and tour directors are given free admission (along with the group).
- Members have free entry
- For Adult: $22
- Greater Cleveland Residents (440, 441, 442 or 443 zip codes with ID): $18
- For Seniors (65+) & Military with valid ID: $178
- Children (9-12): $13
- Children (up to 8 years) free entry (with Adult admission).
- Special rates apply for group tours of 20+ people. Contact Group Sales Department (216) 515-1228 for more information and reservation. Give at least two weeks’ notice along with information with regard to visitors who might require any assistance. Adults $17.75; Seniors (65+) $15; Students/Youth (9-18) $12; Students/Youth (up to 8 years) have free entry (with Adult admission); Cleveland Metropolitan School District Student Groups (9-18) free entry.
How To reach The Rock N Roll Hall Of Fame And Museum by Public Transport
- Bus# 64 will take you directly to Rock-N-Roll Hall of Fame.
- Bus# 39, 39F, 60, 239 to E 9th St & Shoreway EB on-Ramp.
Restaurants Near The Rock N Roll Hall Of Fame And Museum
- Rock Hall Cafe, located on the third floor of the Museum.
- Malley's Chocolates
- Urban Farmer
- Blue Point Grille (reservation required)
- Winks Bar and Grille
- Pho Thang Cafe
- The Flaming Ice Cube
- Osteria de Valerio and Al
Love this? Explore the entire list of things to do in Cleveland before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Cleveland and book an accommodation of your choice.
Things to Know Before Visiting The Rock N Roll Hall Of Fame And Museum
95% of people who visit Cleveland include The Rock N Roll Hall Of Fame And Museum in their plan
10 AM - 11 AM
87.18% of people start their The Rock N Roll Hall Of Fame And Museum visit around 10 AM - 11 AM
People usually take around 5 Hrs to see The Rock N Roll Hall Of Fame And Museum
92.94% of people prefer to travel by car while visiting The Rock N Roll Hall Of Fame And Museum
The Rock N Roll Hall Of Fame And Museum Trips
The Rock N Roll Hall Of Fame And Museum, Cleveland Reviews
Lots of GREAT exhibits, and famous articles, not just throw aways! The cafe had top quality food at a price you'd expect to pay at a decent restaurant. Drinks were a bit high. All the videos we watched were captivating, and very great to listen to. Some editing was a little too quick. Every employee interaction was nice, and one even explained how to get free tokens for the rock themed pinball exhibit. Will definitely return!
WOW!! On a 2wk vacation, THIS day was the most fun! As a lover of music, specifically rock ‘n roll, as someone who grew up feeling “groovy,” this was exciting even before we got there! But we all were amazed that we spent 7 hours there & still didn’t see everything!! We missed getting on the Johnny Cash bus, & I didn’t buy EVERYTHING at the souvenir shop, so we vowed to return someday!! It’s also situated in an extraordinary building!! Make sure to take pictures of the “pyramid!”
You cant see it all in one day unless you rush through. So much to stop and read. So many great displays. This place is definitely worth stopping for! Note I had a hard time finding the RV lot for parking. It is actually behind the Browns' stadium towards the lake. Once found though it was very convenient to the Hall of Fame.
Was not sure what to expect... worried that it would be a forced walk through a plastic experience. Couldn't have been further from the fact! This place is well worth the price of admission. Great displays... unique building... fun atmosphere. Music holds so many memories and this place reminds you of that fact. And when you're hungry, their cafe had delicious, unique food selections at a very reasonable price.
This was an awesome experience, everyone that worked there was really nice and into their job. It was interesting to see all the displays of the people you are a fan of and grew up with. I would like to give a special thanks to the lady that gave my son a Green Day pass from their induction day because we were looking for more exhibits for them. Also really enjoyed the love music. Look forward to visiting again!