Uss Cod Submarine MemorialCurrently Closed
- Address: 1089 East 9th Street, Cleveland, OH 44114, United States
- Timings: 10:00 am - 05:00 pm Details
- Phone: +1-2165668770
- Ticket Price: Free
- Time Required: 01:30 Hrs
- Tags: Tour, War Memorial, Family And Kids
This seasonal attraction in Cleveland is the last remaining of Submarine fleets used in World War II by US. It was stationed in Perth, Australia during World War II. The ship is maintained in its original form and no changes has been made to accommodate visitors.
Take a tour of the history and get a chance to see what it felt like to be on a ship while on a World war. Explore the Cod at your own pace and if you need any help, just look for the buttons on the wall of ever section these buttons are your guide to history since they contain a pre-recorded description of the section. Some of the sections in the Cod torpedo chamber, sleeping quarters, kitchen, and engine and control room.
- Open to public seven days a week from May 1 to September 30.
- Parking is free to the visitors.
- Other commuters are encouraged not to park at the premises and use the parking facility at airport parking lot.
- Public tours are available from May 1, 2015. Call +1 216-566-8770.
- For Adult: $10
- For Seniors and Veterans: $9
- For Students (K to 12): $6
- Free for children under 6 years (if accompanied by an adult, military in uniform, or with wife/family of an active military personnel).
- Entrance gate will close at 4:30 PM.
- Bus# 60 to Muny Lot Stop# 3, Muny Lot Stop# 4
- Light Rail Station: South Harbor Station
- Malley's Chocolates
- Urban Farmer
- Blue Point Grille (reservation required)
- Winks Bar and Grille
- Pho Thang Cafe
- The Flaming Ice Cube
- Emperor's Palace Chinese Restaurant
Love this? Explore the entire list of things to do in Cleveland before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Cleveland and book an accommodation of your choice.
26.25% of people who visit Cleveland include Uss Cod Submarine Memorial in their plan
2 PM - 3 PM
59.26% of people start their Uss Cod Submarine Memorial visit around 2 PM - 3 PM
1 Hr 30 Minutes
People usually take around 1 Hr 30 Minutes to see Uss Cod Submarine Memorial
91% of people prefer to travel by car while visiting Uss Cod Submarine Memorial
Great experience! Not recommended for really large individuals or persons that struggle walking or climbing. Lots of interesting details and information. It would have been nice to have a personal guide but the men at the admissions window were very knowledgeable and answered any questions we may have had during our time at the submarine
Make sure you can handle tight places! They let you walk through the submarine and push buttons for interesting commentary. I loved it, but my 6'4" husband was a little hesitant until I told him there was more room once you got down the hatchway. Interesting tour and the day we were there, there was a veteran there who had served on the sub. Told us some great stories. I highly recommend!
It was a great time visiting and seeing this marvel, and to learn so much of how they lived and worked together in such quite tight quarters, this is definitely a family thing to show the kids. Also anyone who loves military and history it's a great place to go. Will be going again!!
Great historical site. WW2 era submarine with it's wartime configuration. Free parking. $12 for adults and $7 for kids. Be warned, it's close quarters with ladders in and out of the submarine so it's not for those with fear of small places & ladders. Friendly volunteers and really a great piece of history. I'd recommend to anyone.
Way more impressive than I thought it would be. They did such a great job of restoring her for visitors. A definite must see for anyone having served on any branch of the military pour interested the tools of freedom. Not for the physically challenged or claustrophobic as there are ladders that need climbed and narrow passage ways.