The Colonial Theatre
About The Colonial Theatre, Phoenixville
Originating as a Beaux-Arts style renovation by architect, Harry Brownback in 1903, the Colonial Theatre was first home to traveling vaudeville acts, live stage shows and musicals. The first stage show, "The Beauty Doctor", debuted in 1903 starring, Fred E. Wright. In 1915, Mary Pickford visited the theatre and Harry Houdini held a performance, freeing himself from a safe in 1917. Silent films, usually accompanied by a live piano, were shown at the theatre from 1903 until 1928, when The Jazz Singer, the first "talkie" debuted. The building changed ownership many times over the following decades, but its use, serving as both a movie house and live show venue remained throughout.Wikipedia
Overview of The Colonial Theatre
This article refers The Colonial Theatre in Phoenixville, United States. The Colonial Theatre is often skipped on the visit, owing to the plethora of other prime attractions of Phoenixville.
More about Phoenixville
Personalize your visit to the city by chalking out a plan using Phoenixville trip planner.
You can enjoy a comfortable stay in the city by booking the best hotels in Phoenixville like Inn Of King Of Prussia, Hyatt Place Philadelphia/ King Of Prussia and Sonesta Es Suites Philadelphia Malvern.
Share your experience - Rate The Colonial Theatre, Phoenixville
My family and I were here for the annual Blobfest movie festival. The staff was just unbelievable. First, they let us use a 2 year old credit, which we had because wee couldn't attend in 2015 due to illness. Amazing! The staff also told us that the balcony was open & more family friendly than the main floor. Wow, thanks! We were sitting in movie history. We will return!
Had a blast at the Robby Krieger show! Theater is clean and people are friendly. Lots of fun places to eat on the same street as the theater.
Drove all the way up for a movie that was on the website and it was NOT playing. Be warned it happened twice! Always call website is NEVER updated!
Great place, that just added two new theaters for a total of three. The blob festival was yesterday, great fun!!!!
Grand venue indeed. Saw a live show there on Sat.3/17/17 and it was great. Sound, lighting and our seats were all wonderful. A very nice experience all around! Get that 5th star when the reconstruction is complete!*wink*
- Other Attractions
- Pinelands Charge The United
- First Baptist Church Of Egg Harbor City
- Renault Winery
- Hotels for other Attractions
- Hotels Near Egg Harbor City City Center
- Budget Hotels Near Pinelands Charge The United
- 5 Star Hotels Near First Baptist Church Of Egg Harbor City
- Hotels Near Renault Winery
- City Tripplans
- Trip to Buffalo, Niagara Falls, Toronto, Montreal, Quebec, Albany, Phoenixville
- Trip to Phoenix, Phoenixville
- 6 Days Trip to phoenixville
- 5 Days Trip to phoenixville
- 3 Days Trip to phoenixville
- 2 Days Trip to phoenixville
- 4 Days Trip to phoenixville
- 1 Day Trip to phoenixville
- 2 Day Trip to Phoenixville from Phoenixville
- 4 Day Trip to Phoenixville from Schoharie