How to Reach Coimbatore
- By Air: Flights to Coimbatore disembark at the Coimbatore Airport. From here, you can travel to the city by the airport’s prepaid cabs.
- By Train: Coimbatore station is a junction and thus has well connected trains from major cities of India like Calicut, Ahmedabad, Bangalore, New Delhi, Hyderabad and many more.
- By Bus: The State Transport Corporation along with some private buses operate from Coimbatore to major cities in Tamil Nadu as well as neighbouring states of Kerala and Karnataka.
- By Road: Coimbatore has six major arterial roads and three National Highways (NH-47, NH-67 and NH-209) passing through it.
- By Bus: The bus network in Coimbatore is well connected. The busses run in loops within and around the city.
- By Car: Renting a car is possible. However, very few people go for this option.
- By Taxi: This is a preferred way of travelling within and around the city. Although the taxis have metres, many taxi drivers decide the fare in advance.
- By Rickshaw: A good way to travel within the city. However, if you want to explore tourist places near Coimbatore, hire a taxi.
Know about the preferred mode of transport, average time spent and average distance traveled for commute in Coimbatore. The most preferred mode of transport in Coimbatore is Car.
Average distance: 19.58 km Average time: 52.47 min
Car 30.43%Driving 40.43 min Walking 0.29 min Overall average time for 18.71 kms 40.71 min
Walking 13.04%Walking 43.33 min Bus 6.67 min Motorbike 5 min Bike 4.67 min Waiting 1.67 min Overall average time for 14 kms 61.33 min
Motorbike 4.35%Motorbike 30 min Walking 1 min Overall average time for 10 kms 31 min
Bus/Trolleybus 26.09%Bus 61.67 min Waiting 6.17 min Walking 5 min Other 2.5 min Overall average time for 28.17 kms 75.33 min
Bike 8.7%Bike 22.5 min Overall average time for 10 kms 22.5 min