Indira Gandhi Wildlife Sanctuary And National ParkCurrently Open [Closes at 06:30 pm]
- Address: 176, Meenkarai Road, Pollachi, Coimbatore 642001,Tamil Nadu, India
- Timings: 06:30 am - 06:30 pm Details
- Phone: +91-425925356
- Time Required: 06:00 Hrs
- Tags: National Park, Wildlife Sanctuary , Family And Kids
Spread across an area of 958 square kilometres, The Indira Gandhi Wildlife Sanctuary and National Park is the largest preserved sanctuary in the state of Tamil Nadu. Located within the Anamalai Mountains, the sanctuary is home to many varieties of fauna and flora along with a few tribal communities as well.
There are well marked trek routes within the national park. There are also accommodation options at Topslip which is located within the sanctuary premises.
Indira Gandhi Wildlife Sanctuary And National Park Travel Tips
- Visit between 6:00 am to 2:00 pm.
- Littering is a punishable offense.
- Book a room/ cottage in advance if you intend to stay at the national park.
- Best time to visit would be from December to April.
- Carry torches, bug repellents and some snacks with you.
- Consuming alcohol within the sanctuary premises is a punishable offense.
Entrance Ticket Details For Indira Gandhi Wildlife Sanctuary And National Park
- Jeep tours cost you approximately INR 800 per jeep.
Indira Gandhi Wildlife Sanctuary And National Park Hours
Please enquire park timings before your visit.
How to Reach Indira Gandhi Wildlife Sanctuary And National Park
- Going by own vehicle/ rented car is recommended.
- Bus services are available frequently from Pollachi to Topslip- 35 kilometres.
- Nearest Railway Station is in Pollachi – 35 kilometres.
- Nearest Airport is Coimbatore – 87 kilometres.
Love this? Explore the entire list of places to visit in Coimbatore before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Coimbatore and book an accommodation of your choice.
28.5% of people who visit Coimbatore include Indira Gandhi Wildlife Sanctuary And National Park in their plan
10 AM - 11 AM
70% of people start their Indira Gandhi Wildlife Sanctuary And National Park visit around 10 AM - 11 AM
People usually take around 6 Hrs to see Indira Gandhi Wildlife Sanctuary And National Park
95% of people prefer to travel by car while visiting Indira Gandhi Wildlife Sanctuary And National Park