Marudamalai TempleCurrently Closed
- Address: Arulmigu Subramanya Swami Thiru Kovil,Marudhamalai, Coimbatore, Tamil Nadu 641046, India
- Timings: 06:00 pm - 08:30 pm Details
- Phone: +91-4222422490
- Ticket Price: 5 INR
- Time Required: 02:00 Hrs
- Tags: Religious Site, Temple, Cave, Family And Kids, Hill
Marudamalai Temple - Review
Situated around 14 kilometres from Coimbatore city, the Arulmigu Subramaniyaswami Temple or the Marudamalai Temple is dedicated to the Hindu god Murugun. Situated on a hill, the inscriptions found in Thirumuruganathaswami Temple, Thirumurganpoondi place the origin of this temple to the 12th century A.D. Near the foothills, you will find another temple known as the Thaan thondri Vinaayakar. There is a cave referred to as ‘Paambaatti Sitthar Kugai’ dedicated to a Sitthar (disciple of lord Shiva) who lived here.
Marudamalai Temple Information
- The temple tends to get very crowded during festivals and religious events.
- Visiting early in the morning (between 5:30 am to 11:00 am) is recommended.
Marudamalai Temple Ticket Prices
Please enquire temple timings before your visit.
Depending on the pooja you want to get done, different charges apply.
- Archanai Ticket - INR 5
- Special Entrance Ticket - INR 10
- Special Entrance Ticket During Festival Day - INR 20 & 50
- Kalasandhi Pooja - INR 25
- Kalasandhi Pooja During Festival Day - INR 50
Please refer the official website for further information on pooja ticket prices.
Marudamalai Temple Hours
- Viswaroopa Dharsanam - 06:00 am.
- Kalasandhi Pooja - 09:00 am.
- Uchikkalam Pooja - 12:00 pm.
- Sayaratchai Pooja - 05:00 pm.
- Ardha Jama Pooja - 08:30 pm.
How To reach Marudamalai Temple by Public Transport
- Bus stop at the foothills. From there, mini busses take the devotees up to the temple for a minimal charge.
Love this? Explore the entire list of things to do in Coimbatore before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Coimbatore and book an accommodation of your choice.
Things to Know Before Visiting Marudamalai Temple
58.78% of people who visit Coimbatore include Marudamalai Temple in their plan
06 AM - 07 AM
77.5% of people start their Marudamalai Temple visit around 06 AM - 07 AM
People usually take around 2 Hrs to see Marudamalai Temple
95% of people prefer to travel by car while visiting Marudamalai Temple
People normally club together Indira Gandhi Wildlife Sanctuary And National Park and G D Naidu Industrial Exhibition while planning their visit to Marudamalai Temple.
People also prefer to start their day with Marudamalai Temple.