Marudamalai Temple, Coimbatore
About Marudamalai Temple, Coimbatore
Marudamalai Temple, Coimbatore - Address, Phone Number, Ticket Price
Address: Arulmigu Subramanya Swami Thiru Kovil,Marudhamalai, Coimbatore, Tamil Nadu 641046
Ticket Price: 5 INR
Time Required: 02:00 Hrs
Timings: 06:00 pm - 08:30 pm Details
Added 5K times in trip plans
Religious Site, Temple, Cave, Family And Kids, Hill
Try TripHobo to create your itinerary
Are you associated with this business? Get in touch
Situated around 14 kilometres from Coimbatore city, the Arulmigu Subramaniyaswami Temple or the Marudamalai Temple is dedicated to the Hindu god Murugun. Situated on a hill, the inscriptions found in Thirumuruganathaswami Temple, Thirumurganpoondi place the origin of this temple to the 12th century A.D. Near the foothills, you will find another temple known as the Thaan thondri Vinaayakar. There is a cave referred to as ‘Paambaatti Sitthar Kugai’ dedicated to a Sitthar (disciple of lord Shiva) who lived here.
Marudamalai Temple Information
- The temple tends to get very crowded during festivals and religious events.
- Visiting early in the morning (between 5:30 am to 11:00 am) is recommended.
Marudamalai Temple Ticket Prices
Please enquire temple timings before your visit.
Depending on the pooja you want to get done, different charges apply.
- Archanai Ticket - INR 5
- Special Entrance Ticket - INR 10
- Special Entrance Ticket During Festival Day - INR 20 & 50
- Kalasandhi Pooja - INR 25
- Kalasandhi Pooja During Festival Day - INR 50
Please refer the official website for further information on pooja ticket prices.
Marudamalai Temple Opening and Closing Hours
- Viswaroopa Dharsanam - 06:00 am.
- Kalasandhi Pooja - 09:00 am.
- Uchikkalam Pooja - 12:00 pm.
- Sayaratchai Pooja - 05:00 pm.
- Ardha Jama Pooja - 08:30 pm.
How To reach Marudamalai Temple by Public Transport
- Bus stop at the foothills. From there, mini busses take the devotees up to the temple for a minimal charge.
Love this? Explore the entire list of things to do in Coimbatore before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Coimbatore and book an accommodation of your choice.
Marudamalai Temple, Coimbatore Reviews - Write a Review
- Nearby Attractions
- Hotel Geo Grande
- Park Royal Inn
- Tnau Pg Hostel
- Anna University
- Isha Yoga Centre
- Coimbatore Railway Station Back Gate
- Government Arts College
- Hotel City Tower
- A2b Veg Restaurant
- Texmo Industries
- Coimbatore Day-wise Trips
- What to See in 24 Hours in Coimbatore
- What to See in 48 Hours in Coimbatore
- What to See in 72 Hours in Coimbatore
- How to Spend 5 Days in Coimbatore
- How to Spend 6 Days in Coimbatore
- How to Spend 7 Days in Coimbatore