The city of Coimbra is the 4th largest urban centre in Portugal. The city’s magnanimity cannot be put to words, the gigantic historic buildings and the vibrant contemporary parts of the city make it look like the unalloyed holiday place in Portugal. It is well-connected from the main airports and has transport options to move around the city. It looks like Coimbra is dressed like a queen on a throne with all the stone work and stone arch all around. The University of Coimbra makes the city more young and lively as the city is full of students. The city is the commercial hub for Portugal having tourists all over the year.
The city serves to all the type of people humanity could have. Travellers who travel to experience the night life of the places won’t be disappointed with Coimbra’s exuberant nightlife.
The food, the beaches and the ancient beauty of Coimbra are alluring enough to make you hop on to a Portugal flight right away.
Essential travel information and Coimbra tips for your visit
- Time Zone: Western European Time, UTC/GMT + 1 hour. Coimbra is 4 and a half hours behind Indian time.
- Currency: Euros
- Electricity and Internet: Internet in not a problem in the commercial hub of Portugal. Electricity 220 to 240 volts. The "Type C" Europlug and the "Type E" and "Type F" Schuko are the plug type.
- Languages: The language spoken is Portuguese. The second language used is French.
- Off-beaten Path in Coimbra: If you are finished with the beauty of Coimbra then visit Conimbriga’s Roman ruins, Bucaco’s enormous palace and Aveiro’s canals and lagoons. You will be more than satisfied with the scenic beauty.
- Tipping: 10% is usually the standard tipping rate in Coimbra. Get local money, they don’t accept dollars.
- Customs: It is mandatory to wish goodnight, good morning and so on. Portuguese is a very polite language so Coimbra is used to good behaviour.
- Tourist Office: 132
- National Police: 112
- Coimbra Hospital: +351-239-400-400
- Coimbra Pharmacy: +351-239-823-609
- Emergency: 000
Coimbra Trip Planner
Plan your customized day by day trip plan for Coimbra. Choose from various experinces categories as adventure, romantic and family and kids friendly for your trip using using Coimbra trip planner.