Parque Verde Do MondegoCurrently Open
- Address: Avda. Of Lousà, Coimbra, Centro, Portugal
- Timings: 24-hrs Details
- Phone: +351-913716217
- Ticket Price: Free
- Time Required: 01:00 Hrs
- Tags: Park, View Point, Walking Area, Family And Kids
The whole point of this park was to exploit the recreational potential of the Mondego River. The three kilometer riverwalk at this park along the water may be its main attraction, but the other highlights are just as worthy of being checked out! The 400,000 square meters of the park also have bars and restaurants, jogging trails, playgrounds, and exhibition pavilions. There are rental facilities for bicycles, pedal karts and sidecars. You can also rent pedalos and kayaks to take out into the river! The most curious feature of the park is undoubtedly the sculpture of the Green Bear. To find out what it is supposed to symbolise, ask the locals. The answer will surprise you.
Finally, check out the Ponte Pedro and Inês bridge. It’s a fairly new 600-foot long pedestrian bridge. The viewing platform in the middle is a good spot for photographs. Note the bridge’s unusual architecture, two halves that don’t quite seem to meet. It’s inspired by the legend of the Prince Pedro and maid Ines de Castro, star crossed lovers killed by the King’s assassins.
30 minute rent prices:
- Kart: € 3
- Sidecar € 5
- Triggy: € 2
Free bicycle rent: Weekends & public holidays: 10 a.m.-8 p.m.
Karts & Pedal Cars:
- February, March & November: Weekends & public holidays: 10 a.m.-6 p.m.
- April – 15 September: Weekends & public holidays: 10 a.m.-8 p.m.
- 15 June – 15 September: All days 3pm – 8 p.m.
- February, March & November: Weekends & public holidays: 10 a.m.- 5 p.m.
- April – September: Weekends & public holidays: 10 a.m.- 7 p.m.
- Canoe hire (at the Centro Náutico on the other side of the river): November – February: Everyday 10 a.m.- 5 p.m.
- Walk or drive to here.
- Bus: 11, 24, 33, 37, 41
Love this? Explore the entire list of things to do in Coimbra before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Coimbra and book an accommodation of your choice.
Great location but very bad maintenance and lack of services and activities. Very decadent. Improvement needed.
Nice to walk along the river, over the walking bridge and back, giving great views of the city. There is potential to make the waterfront a lot better, clean up the rubbish floating on the edge.
Very good park to take a walk along Mondego River
Popular destination to go jogging or walking..A well spent day to later remember.Whose going through Coimbra
Nice views of the city and river.