Altes Rathaus2707 Votes Currently Open
- Address: Rathausplatz 2, 50667 Koln, Germany, Cologne
- Timings: 08:00 am - 04:00 pm Details
- Phone: +49-2212212333
- Time Required: 01:00 Hrs
- Tags: Historical Site, Family And Kids, Architecture , Hall
Germany’s oldest town hall, the Altes Rathaus can be admired from across the street as well. If you want a tour of the interiors, you’ll have to book a tour in advance. Reminiscent of the 14th century, the Altes Rathaus is famous for its bell tower; the bell is sounded off every three hours from 9 am to 6 pm. If you’re not signing up for the tour, stroll across to the southern side of the Rathaus and see the Nine Good Heroes that are carved along the wall. Following this trend, some 120 statues of the heroes of Cologne, as they were referred to, were erected outside the town hall.
Altes Rathaus Travel Tips
- The tour timings are pre-determined and tickets can only be booked from a tourist office.
How to Reach Altes Rathaus
- Rathaus (Subway station)
- Gast und Weinhaus Brungs (German cuisine served)
- Das kleine Steakhaus (Argentine cuisine served; barbeque recommended)
- Hard Rock Cafe
Love this? Explore the entire list of places to visit in Cologne before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Cologne and book an accommodation of your choice.
72.38% of people who visit Cologne include Altes Rathaus in their plan
09 AM - 10 AM
37.41% of people start their Altes Rathaus visit around 09 AM - 10 AM
People usually take around 1 Hr to see Altes Rathaus
64.48% of people prefer to travel by car while visiting Altes Rathaus