How to Reach Cologne
- If you’re coming from anywhere else in the EU, take a train to Cologne.
- You could also fly to Cologne as many international airlines fly to the city.
- For travelers on a budget, taking a bus would be your best bet. It could be a long journey, but feasible if you’re traveling on a budget.
- You could drive to Cologne in a rented car, but if you aren’t an EU citizen, it isn’t an advisable option.
- Cologne has an excellent system of public transport covering the entire city.
- The best way to see the city is to take a tram/subway or bus to a particular stop and explore that area on foot.
- You could rent a car and drive around the city, but unless you’re aware of the traffic laws it’s a bad idea.
- Bicycles too can be rented and ridden around town for all those looking to exercise and sightsee.