How to Reach Cologne
- If you’re coming from anywhere else in the EU, take a train to Cologne.
- You could also fly to Cologne as many international airlines fly to the city.
- For travelers on a budget, taking a bus would be your best bet. It could be a long journey, but feasible if you’re traveling on a budget.
- You could drive to Cologne in a rented car, but if you aren’t an EU citizen, it isn’t an advisable option.
- Cologne has an excellent system of public transport covering the entire city.
- The best way to see the city is to take a tram/subway or bus to a particular stop and explore that area on foot.
- You could rent a car and drive around the city, but unless you’re aware of the traffic laws it’s a bad idea.
- Bicycles too can be rented and ridden around town for all those looking to exercise and sightsee.
Know about the preferred mode of transport, average time spent and average distance traveled for commute in Cologne. The most preferred mode of transport in Cologne is Car.
Average distance: 21.36 km Average time: 37.95 min
Car 45.45%Driving 43.9 min Walking 2 min Overall average time for 32.6 kms 45.9 min
Bike 13.64%Bike 19.33 min Other 3.33 min Walking 1 min Overall average time for 5.13 kms 23.67 min
Walking 4.55%Waiting 10 min Walking 8 min Tram 4 min Bus 4 min Overall average time for 4 kms 26 min
Train/Metro 18.18%Train 22.75 min Walking 10 min Waiting 8.25 min Overall average time for 20.15 kms 41 min
Bus/Trolleybus 13.64%Bus 14.33 min Waiting 5 min Walking 2 min Tram 1.67 min Other 1.67 min Train 1 min Overall average time for 7.5 kms 25.67 min