Koelner ZooCurrently Open [Closes at 06:00 pm]
- Address: Riehler Strasse 173, 50735 Cologne, North Rhine-Westphalia, Germany (Nippes)
- Timings: 09:00 am - 05:00 pm Details
- Phone: +49-2215679910
- Ticket Price: 18 EUR
- Time Required: 02:30 Hrs
- Tags: Zoo, Aquarium, Family And Kids
Koelner Zoo - Review
In all of Europe, there’s no other place where you’ll see as many elephants within an enclosure as you will at the Koelner Zoo in Cologne. With over 700 species of animals, the zoo is the third oldest zoo of the countryis Cologne Zoological Garden. Come up close and personal with the animals, or take a virtual plunge in the aquarium and see the marine life in their natural habitat. The zoo has been segregated into well defined sections, so you can see the entire park, one preference at a time.
Koelner Zoo Ticket Prices
- Regular Kölner zoo preise – Adults - 17.50 Euros
- Children (4 to 12 years) – 8.50 Euros
- Pupils, students, apprentices (with ID) – 12 Euros
- Monday is zoo day (except public holidays), not available in advance - Adults – 14.50 Euros
- Children (4 to 12 years) – 6.50 Euros
- Evening ticket, not available in advance (Tuesday - Friday from 4pm (Summer) / 3pm (winter), except public holidays) – Adults – 14.50 Euros
- Children (4 to 12 years) ticket price– 6.50 Euros
- Buy a combined ticket or kölner zoo gutschein if you’re planning to see all the aspects of the park.
- Check out Kölner zoo rabatt also.
Koelner Zoo Hours
- Kölner zoo öffnungszeiten (opening hours) from March to October
- Last entrance and ticket office closes at 5:30 pm.
- Animal houses close at 5:45 pm.
- October to February
- Last entrance and ticket office closes at 4:30 pm.
- Animal houses close at 4:45 pm.
How To reach Koelner Zoo by Public Transport
- Koln, Riehl Zoo/Flora (Subway station)
Restaurants Near Koelner Zoo
- La Spendula (Italian cuisines served)
- Monheimer Hof (European cuisines served)
- DIX (German cuisine served)
Love this? Explore the entire list of things to do in Cologne before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Cologne and book an accommodation of your choice.
Things to Know Before Visiting Koelner Zoo
72.66% of people who visit Cologne include Koelner Zoo in their plan
09 AM - 10 AM
58.14% of people start their Koelner Zoo visit around 09 AM - 10 AM
2 Hrs 30 Minutes
People usually take around 2 Hrs 30 Minutes to see Koelner Zoo
94.13% of people prefer to travel by car while visiting Koelner Zoo
Koelner Zoo Trips
Koelner Zoo, Cologne Reviews
It costs 20 euros an adult ticket for the whole zoo. At first I thought it's a bit too pricey but it was worth it in the end. There are all types of animals you can think of. I seriously consider is a must see place in Köln. The animals are in good care and they are very calm.
Wow was much better then thought. Lots of animals and not too crowded. Very clean and nice atmosphere. Highky recommend. I went all the way from London so if your closer then must visit.
The place is good overall. It's a good choice if you're traveling with children, but also if you're going alone. The tickets are slightly too pricey. The lockers cost 1€ unfortunately, they should be free of charge. The aquarium was really small, the cafes and restaurant were lacking choice. I loved the seal shows (while they were fed), there could have been more of similar events throught the morning. The rain forest and monkey building were amazing. The elephants looked almost magical on the modern background, it reminded me of one of the scenes in The Last of Us game.
So far, the best Zoo I’ve ever visit. Zoo area is quite big, so you’re not getting bored at all. Take the tour from opening time, as it might get crowded during weekends/vacations, plus you have more chances to find a parking place. Restaurant is quite ok, with a much more variety of food-not only chips and hamburgers, like everywhere else. English language is missing for some places. Personnel very nice and helpful-if you know german, it is an advantage. A place to spend your time with entire family. A big area of playground for kids, outside. Park your car at the entrance with the elephants area, as that parking is free. If you start from there, in the morning, you can have your lunch at noon, at the other entrance (restaurant location -aquarium place) and then you can resume your visit by slowly going back to your initial place. Keep the tickets as you need them to get out and come back, for visiting the aquarium-50m outside the zoo. You can use the same tickets for aquarium area. Have some cash with you for restaurant, around 50 euro for family food and drinks. You can enjoy the hole day here!
I didn’t have enough time to walk through whole zoo but from what I saw it is awesome, offering huge variety of very interesting species living in good conditions. They also have plenty of space, which is crucial. That is definitely the best zoological garden I have ever seen and when I’ll have another chance to visit Köln, I will walk through Kölner Zoo from A to Z.