Koelner Zoo, Cologne
About Koelner Zoo, Cologne
Koelner Zoo, Cologne - Address, Phone Number, Ticket Price
Address: Riehler Strasse 173, 50735 Cologne, North Rhine-Westphalia, Germany (Nippes)
Ticket Price: 18 EUR
Time Required: 02:30 Hrs
Timings: 09:00 am - 05:00 pm Details
Added 10.7K times in trip plans
Zoo, Aquarium, Family And Kids
Try TripHobo to create your itinerary
Are you associated with this business? Get in touch
In all of Europe, there’s no other place where you’ll see as many elephants within an enclosure as you will at the Koelner Zoo in Cologne. With over 700 species of animals, the zoo is the third oldest zoo of the countryis Cologne Zoological Garden. Come up close and personal with the animals, or take a virtual plunge in the aquarium and see the marine life in their natural habitat. The zoo has been segregated into well defined sections, so you can see the entire park, one preference at a time.
Koelner Zoo Ticket Prices
- Regular Kölner zoo preise – Adults - 17.50 Euros
- Children (4 to 12 years) – 8.50 Euros
- Pupils, students, apprentices (with ID) – 12 Euros
- Monday is zoo day (except public holidays), not available in advance - Adults – 14.50 Euros
- Children (4 to 12 years) – 6.50 Euros
- Evening ticket, not available in advance (Tuesday - Friday from 4pm (Summer) / 3pm (winter), except public holidays) – Adults – 14.50 Euros
- Children (4 to 12 years) ticket price– 6.50 Euros
- Buy a combined ticket or kölner zoo gutschein if you’re planning to see all the aspects of the park.
- Check out Kölner zoo rabatt also.
Koelner Zoo Opening and Closing Hours
- Kölner zoo öffnungszeiten (opening hours) from March to October
- Last entrance and ticket office closes at 5:30 pm.
- Animal houses close at 5:45 pm.
- October to February
- Last entrance and ticket office closes at 4:30 pm.
- Animal houses close at 4:45 pm.
How To reach Koelner Zoo by Public Transport
- Koln, Riehl Zoo/Flora (Subway station)
Restaurants Near Koelner Zoo
- La Spendula (Italian cuisines served)
- Monheimer Hof (European cuisines served)
- DIX (German cuisine served)
Love this? Explore the entire list of things to do in Cologne before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Cologne and book an accommodation of your choice.
Koelner Zoo, Cologne Reviews - Write a Review
The layout was good because the flow/route was not complicated hence you will not miss any animals. Also, the areas were well-organized/placed to keep the interest of the kids (and adults even) going. There was a great/big variety of animals and I think it was the first zoo we went to where you can really see them up close - i.e. the gorillas. Only thing I probably didn't like was there were spots/places where you can't see some of the animals - either they were hiding or they were not there at that time. So I wish there's some way they can make the other animals visible in their designated areas. The place was clean and you can tell it was well-maintained. The bathroom we went to was also clean and looked new. I think stuff in the souvenir shop are overpriced but I mean that's inevitable in any other souvenir shop. The aquarium and where other tiny animals (like frogs, snakes) were located outside the zoo. It was actually a separate area. There wasn't a huge selection of sea animals and the place was a bit small/tight so don't expect to see a lot here. Overall, it was a great way to spend half the day here and my girls loved it! I'm not gonna lie, but me and my husband also enjoyed this place a lot!
The zoo is big and has many sections. One of it is the farm animals where you can pet the animals during the afternoon/evening sesion. You can bring your food inside. Still they got a few cafes/place to eat inside. Should try their nachos with cheese and hot salsa. Very nice. And vegetables nuggets are also available which my kids enjoyed them very much. It has the biggest playground ever next to the elephant area! We spent almost a day here and you can complete your day by visiting the aquarium next to it. The fees already cover for both sides.
A surprisingly expansive zoo with a variety of animals from around the world. In particular, the tropical habitats are a lot of fun. There are lots of informational placards; however, none of them are translated, so you'll be out of luck if you don't read German. Pro tip: You can rent wagons to pull the little ones in using tokens obtained from the *security office* at the entrance to the zoo.
Very nice zoo. Didn't see the aquarium until we left and ran out of time. Plan for it.
Fantastic place, BUT lacking English translations of the cages’ descriptions. It was full of foreign tourists who shurely would appeciate the value added.
- Nearby Attractions
- Shamrock Irish Pub Rheinbach
- Sankt Mauritius
- Der Keller
- Alter Markt
- Volkssternwarte Hagen
- Cologne Day-wise Trips
- What to See in 24 Hours in Cologne
- What to See in 48 Hours in Cologne
- What to See in 72 Hours in Cologne
- How to Spend 5 Days in Cologne
- How to Spend 6 Days in Cologne
- How to Spend 7 Days in Cologne