Kolner DomCurrently Open
- Address: Domkloster 3, 50667 Cologne, North Rhine-Westphalia, Germany (Altstadt-Nord) Map
- Timings: 06:00 am - 07:30 pm Details
- Ticket Price: 5 EUR
- Time Required: 01:30 Hrs
- Tags: Religious Site, Family And Kids, Architecture , Cathedral , Heritage Building
A UNESCO World Heritage Site, Cologne’s most significant and historic landmark, the Kolner Dom is one sight you do not want to miss. The Kolner Dom, the largest Gothic cathedral in all of Germany, is said to be a physical manifestation of what God’s kingdom on Earth would look like. Standing proud at 515 feet above the ground, the Kolner Dom was briefly the tallest structure of the world, before the Washington Monument.
The south tower, comprising of some 500 steps, offers some stunning vistas of the city. There’s a breather waiting for you halfway through the 500 steps in the form of the world’s largest free ringing working bell, the 24-tonne Peter Bell. The Kolner Dom, whose construction began in 1248 and was completed in 1880, is said to house the treasures of the three Kings whilst on their way to see Jesus.
The best part of the Dom is that it looks different from all sides. To truly appreciate the architectural wonder it is, circle the cathedral. The inside is just as awe-inspiring as the outside. Look for the Shrine of the Three Kings behind the cathedral’s main altar, where the remains of the three kings are said to be, embodied in bejeweled sarcophaguses. The treasure trove of the cathedral is endless, so take your time here.
Entrance Ticket Details For Kolner Dom
- Adults – 5 Euros
- Reduced – 2.50 Euro
- Family Card – 10 Euros
- Combined ticket Treasury and tower climbing – 6 Euros
- Reduced - 3 Euros
- Combined ticket family treasure chamber and tower climbing - 15 Euros
- The entry to the cathedral is free.
- You can choose what you want to see and pay for it accordingly. A combined ticket is recommended as it works out cheape.
How to Reach Kolner Dom
- Dom/Hauptbahnhof (Subway station)
- Merzenich Backereien (Bakery)
- Taku (Asian fusion served)
- Cafe Reichard (European cuisines served)
Love this? Explore the entire list of places to visit in Cologne before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Cologne and book an accommodation of your choice.
- Kolner Dom Address: Domkloster 3, 50667 Cologne, North Rhine-Westphalia, Germany (Altstadt-Nord)
- Kolner Dom Timing: 06:00 am - 07:30 pm
- Kolner Dom Price: 5 EUR
- Best time to visit Kolner Dom(preferred time): 04:00 pm - 07:00 pm
- Time required to visit Kolner Dom: 01:30 Hrs
- Try the best online travel planner to plan your travel itinerary!
95% of people who visit Cologne include Kolner Dom in their plan
3 PM - 4 PM
47.65% of people start their Kolner Dom visit around 3 PM - 4 PM
1 Hr 30 Minutes
People usually take around 1 Hr 30 Minutes to see Kolner Dom
59.46% of people prefer to travel by car while visiting Kolner Dom
People normally club together Roman-Germanic Museum and Museum Ludwig while planning their visit to Kolner Dom.