Kolner Dom, Cologne
About Kolner Dom, Cologne
Kolner Dom, Cologne - Address, Ticket Price
Address: Domkloster 3, 50667 Cologne, North Rhine-Westphalia, Germany (Altstadt-Nord)
Ticket Price: 5 EUR
Time Required: 01:30 Hrs
Timings: 06:00 am - 07:30 pm Details
Added 23.1K times in trip plans
Religious Site, Family And Kids, Architecture , Cathedral , Heritage Building
Try TripHobo to create your itinerary
Are you associated with this business? Get in touch
A UNESCO World Heritage Site, Cologne’s most significant and historic landmark, the Kolner Dom is one sight you do not want to miss. The Kolner Dom, the largest Gothic cathedral in all of Germany, is said to be a physical manifestation of what God’s kingdom on Earth would look like. Standing proud at 515 feet above the ground, the Kolner Dom was briefly the tallest structure of the world, before the Washington Monument.
The south tower, comprising of some 500 steps, offers some stunning vistas of the city. There’s a breather waiting for you halfway through the 500 steps in the form of the world’s largest free ringing working bell, the 24-tonne Peter Bell. The Kolner Dom, whose construction began in 1248 and was completed in 1880, is said to house the treasures of the three Kings whilst on their way to see Jesus.
The best part of the Dom is that it looks different from all sides. To truly appreciate the architectural wonder it is, circle the cathedral. The inside is just as awe-inspiring as the outside. Look for the Shrine of the Three Kings behind the cathedral’s main altar, where the remains of the three kings are said to be, embodied in bejeweled sarcophaguses. The treasure trove of the cathedral is endless, so take your time here.
Kolner Dom Ticket Prices
- Adults – 5 Euros
- Reduced – 2.50 Euro
- Family Card – 10 Euros
- Combined ticket Treasury and tower climbing – 6 Euros
- Reduced - 3 Euros
- Combined ticket family treasure chamber and tower climbing - 15 Euros
- The entry to the cathedral is free.
- You can choose what you want to see and pay for it accordingly. A combined ticket is recommended as it works out cheape.
How To reach Kolner Dom by Public Transport
- Dom/Hauptbahnhof (Subway station)
Restaurants Near Kolner Dom
- Merzenich Backereien (Bakery)
- Taku (Asian fusion served)
- Cafe Reichard (European cuisines served)
Love this? Explore the entire list of things to do in Cologne before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Cologne and book an accommodation of your choice.
Kolner Dom, Cologne Reviews - Write a Review
- Nearby Attractions
- Heumarkt Restaurant
- Krefelder Str. 48
- Hotel Cristall
- Hotel Nh Köln City
- Weihnachtsmarkt Kölner Altstadt
- Belgian Quarter (gerpinnes) - Chocolat Corné Port-royal
- Cologne Day-wise Trips
- What to See in 24 Hours in Cologne
- What to See in 48 Hours in Cologne
- What to See in 72 Hours in Cologne
- How to Spend 5 Days in Cologne
- How to Spend 6 Days in Cologne
- How to Spend 7 Days in Cologne