National Socialism Documentation CenterCurrently Open
Don’t be fooled by the exterior of this edifice; the NS Dokumentationszentrum is Germany’s largest regional memorial site. Among the permanent exhibits, the most harrowing ones are the prisons and interrogation rooms, preserved in their original forms, to give you a feel of how the victims of Nazi Germany were interrogated, tortured and killed. There are inscriptions on the walls that just add to the horror of it all. The NS Dokumentationszentrum also has a library that is stocked to the ceiling with literature on Cologne during the times of the Germans and the Nazi tenure in general.
Entrance Ticket Details For National Socialism Documentation Center
- Adult – 4.50 Euros
- Concession – 2 Euros
- Children up to 6 years, for Cologne residents up to 18 years, students (incl. 2 teachers per group), holders of the KolnPass, Cologne residents on their birthday - Free
- Due to the sensitive nature of this museum, use you discretion when it comes to bringing your children here.
How to Reach National Socialism Documentation Center
- Appellhofplatz (Subway station)
- Bastian's (breakfast recommended)
- Daitokai (Japanese cuisine served)
- Buffet Chang (Korean cuisine served)
Love this? Explore the entire list of places to visit in Cologne before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Cologne and book an accommodation of your choice.
22.03% of people who visit Cologne include National Socialism Documentation Center in their plan
2 PM - 3 PM
48.96% of people start their National Socialism Documentation Center visit around 2 PM - 3 PM
People usually take around 2 Hrs to see National Socialism Documentation Center
64.04% of people prefer to travel by car while visiting National Socialism Documentation Center