Roman-germanic Museum1295 Votes Currently Open
- Address: Roncalliplatz 4, 50667 Cologne, Germany
- Timings: 10:00 am - 05:00 pm Details
- Ticket Price: 8 EUR
- Time Required: 02:00 Hrs
- Tags: Family And Kids, Specialty Museums
Prepare to relive the times of the Romans never before. The Romisch-Germanisches Museum is one of the prime archaeological museums of the country. Located right next to Dom, the Romisch-Germanisches Museum is responsible for preserving the Roman heritage in Cologne; their collection of Roman glass from funerals and burials is a result of this.
Everyday items like furniture, toys and jewelry to name a few are a part of their permanent exhibits to aid your insight into what day-to-day life was like during the Roman times. One of the most fascinating exhibits on display is the tomb of a Roman officer, Lucius Poblicius and the 3rd-century Dionysus mosaic also known as the Greek God of wine. A restored 90-yard stretch of the Roman harbor road takes up the southern side of the museum.
Entrance Ticket Details For Roman-germanic Museum
- Romano-Germanic Museum and Special Exhibition – 8 Euros
- Discount with ADAC card – 7 Euros
- Combined Price Romano-Germanic Museum and Praetorium – 9.50 Euros
- The ticket price can vary according to any special exhibitions they might have on display.
How to Reach Roman-germanic Museum
- Hauptbahnhof (Subway station)
- Mingo Bar (Asian cuisines served)
- Chicago Steakhouse
- Collina's (Italian cuisine served)
Love this? Explore the entire list of places to visit in Cologne before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Cologne and book an accommodation of your choice.
31.5% of people who visit Cologne include Roman-germanic Museum in their plan
1 PM - 2 PM
53.99% of people start their Roman-germanic Museum visit around 1 PM - 2 PM
People usually take around 2 Hrs to see Roman-germanic Museum
70.12% of people prefer walking in order to reach Roman-germanic Museum