Saint Gereon's BasilicaCurrently Closed
- Address: Gereonskloster 2, 50670 Köln, Cologne, North Rhine-Westphalia, Germany (Altstadt-Nord)
- Timings: 09:30 am - 12:00 pm Details
- Phone: +49-2214745070
- Ticket Price: Free
- Time Required: 01:00 Hrs
- Tags: Church, Religious Site, Family And Kids, Architecture
There are twelve churches in Cologne that have been built in the Romanesque style, one of the them being the Saint Gereon's Basilica, which is one of the most eccentric churches you’ll ever come across. The interesting features of the church are its decagonal dome covering the nave, the minor basilica, an exquisite floor mosaic of David and Goliath and a few preserved Roman walls as they were in the 11th century.
- Free Entry
- Christophstr/Mediapark (Subway station)
- Friesenplatz (Subway station)
- Trattoria Bennyssimo (Italian cuisine served)
- Kintaro (Japanese cuisine served)
- Jameson Distillery Pub and Restaurant (Irish Pub & Restaurant)
Love this? Explore the entire list of things to do in Cologne before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Cologne and book an accommodation of your choice.
9.74% of people who visit Cologne include Saint Gereon's Basilica in their plan
09 AM - 10 AM
80.77% of people start their Saint Gereon's Basilica visit around 09 AM - 10 AM
People usually take around 1 Hr to see Saint Gereon's Basilica
91.3% of people prefer to travel by car while visiting Saint Gereon's Basilica