Arcade Independence SquareCurrently Open
- Address: 30 Bauddhaloka Mawatha, Colombo 00700, Sri Lanka
- Timings: 24-hrs Details
- Phone: +94-727727758
- Ticket Price: Free
- Time Required: 02:00 Hrs
- Tags: Walking Area, Square, Family And Kids, Picnic Spot
Arcade Independence Square - Review
This complex is an interesting juxtaposition of facts. It looks like a mansion. It looks new, but was built in 1889 as an lunatic asylum. It is now located adjacent to where Sri Lanka was declared free. And it is now the most popular shopping, leisure and entertainment complex in the city. Fashion apparel, sports apparel, watches, electronics, restaurants and even a wax museum, of all things, are located here. There are over a dozen excellent restaurants. And an Empire cinema theatre. But what really sells this complex are it sheer good LOOKS. Everything is white and wood, brightly lit, decorated in colonial themes and utterly inviting. It feels like a villa-turned-shopping complex.
Arcade Independence Square Information
- Lots of parking available, which is a rarity for Colombo.
Arcade Independence Square Opening and Closing Hours
- Individual establishments at the complex may have their own opening hours.
How To reach Arcade Independence Square by Public Transport
- Take a tuk-tuk, taxi, or local bus to torington bus stop.
- Drive or walk here.
Love this? Explore the entire list of things to do in Colombo before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Colombo and book an accommodation of your choice.
Things to Know Before Visiting Arcade Independence Square
95% of people who visit Colombo include Arcade Independence Square in their plan
12 PM - 1 PM
58.6% of people start their Arcade Independence Square visit around 12 PM - 1 PM
People usually take around 2 Hrs to see Arcade Independence Square
76.23% of people prefer walking in order to reach Arcade Independence Square
Arcade Independence Square Map
Arcade Independence Square Trips
Arcade Independence Square, Colombo Reviews
A superb place for shopping or dining or movie entertainment. Colonial buildings add so much glamour and classiness. The only problem is they have only one bathroom for entire building and it's highly inconvenient. No bathroom for the movie theatres either. Have to walk along way outside up and down the staircase.
Nicely done up for people to enjoy week end or to do a walk around. this place is combined with a super mall, food stalls cinema and recreational space. an old abandoned set of buildings from colonial times were fully restored to its original glory for this project. if you enjoy old time architecture surely the building will be a place you love to spend time in it. high end branded cloth shops, national and international food chains, a bank and ATMs are available for public convenience. Adjoining independence square , the ground and recreational space is also at close. Ideal place for wedding photographers, week end get away or a dine out in the night.
Nice place to spend some peaceful time in the evening Benches and open space to talk and enjoy. The Arcade Independence Square is a shopping mall. Which gives different atmosphere to everyone. Nice view all around. There are restaurants, shops, beautiful landscape area. Also it has so many views to take photographs. Good parking space. Bit of a crowd there sometime.
There is a wonderful walking path towards the arcade.. The shopping complex include famous branded shops. Its a perfect place to relax and go shopping and have some fun
The location is good and parking is available. However, there is not much of a crowd and the layout is confusing. The shopping is definitely high end. I wouldn't say that it is a fun place to be.
All QuestionsArcade independence square
- Muzeum Oręża Polskiego
- Park Im. Stefana Żeromskiego
- Parafia Rzymsko-katolicka P.w. Wniebowzięcia Najświętszej Maryi Panny
- Zgromadzenie Sióstr Felicjanek
- Zespół Parafialny Parafii Pw. św. Wojciecha Caritas Diecezji Koszalińsko - Kołobrzeskiej
- Parafia Rzymsko-Katolicka P.w. Miłosierdzia Bożego
- Zgromadzenie Zakonne Córek Najczystrzego Serca NMP
- Regionalne Centrum Kultury
- Kościół Rektoralny Niepokalanego Poczęcia NMP
- Parafia Rzymsko-Katolicka P.w. Św. Macieja Apostoła
- Dom Parafialny
- Klub Garnizonowy
- Zespół Parafialny Parafii Pw. św. Michała Archanioła Caritas Diecezji Koszalińsko - Kołobrzeskiej
- Zespół Parafialny Parafii Pw. Matki Bożej Uzdrowienia Chorych Caritas Diecezji Koszalińsko - Kołobrzeskiej