Gangaramya Temple4692 Votes Currently Open
- Address: Street Sri Jinaratana Rd, Col 2, Colombo, Sri Lanka Map
- Timings: 05:30 am - 10:00 pm Details
- Phone: +94-112323038
- Ticket Price: 100 LKR
- Time Required: 01:30 Hrs
- Tags: Religious Site, Temple, View Point
An assorted collection of ornamental and gold carven gifts presented by loyal devotees and well wisher over a long course of time is exhibited at this temple, which is literally a unification of a spiritual centre, a library and a unique museum. This Temple complex is run by the country’s adroit monk and has a distinctive collection which is worth observing.
The most tantalizing experience can be gathered on Navam Perahera in the month of February on the full-moon day. This day is marked as Poya and has significance to the temple rituals. This festival displays the rich religious and cultural tradition of Sri Lanka with Hundreds of monks clad in colouful robes solemnly walking in the procession are a unique sight. Youth clad in white carrying Buddhist flags march in front. Sacred relics housed in a casket are carried by a majestic elephant on its back. Dancers display the different types of dances prevalent in different parts of the country. So are the drummers who exhibit their skill in handling numerous forms of drums. Many elephants also participate.
Gangaramya Temple Travel Tips
- Try and catch up with the festivities celebrated in the Gangaramya temple like the The New Year “Sathi Pirith” Ceremony or the Buddharashmi National Vesak Festival.
How to Reach Gangaramya Temple
- You can take the cool kangaroo radio cab, the ace cab or rent a taxi service. The cheapest and easiest way is to hire the tuk-tuk.
- KFC- chicken wings
- Pizza hut
- Hotel De Pilawoos
Love this? Explore the entire list of places to visit in Colombo before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Colombo and book an accommodation of your choice.
- Gangaramya Temple Address: Street Sri Jinaratana Rd, Col 2, Colombo, Sri Lanka
- Gangaramya Temple Contact Number: +94-112323038
- Gangaramya Temple Timing: 05:30 am - 10:00 pm
- Gangaramya Temple Price: 100 LKR
- Best time to visit Gangaramya Temple(preferred time): 07:00 am - 08:00 am
- Time required to visit Gangaramya Temple: 01:30 Hrs
- Try the best online travel planner to plan your travel itinerary!
73.39% of people who visit Colombo include Gangaramya Temple in their plan
2 PM - 3 PM
45.67% of people start their Gangaramya Temple visit around 2 PM - 3 PM
1 Hr 30 Minutes
People usually take around 1 Hr 30 Minutes to see Gangaramya Temple
94.69% of people prefer to travel by car while visiting Gangaramya Temple
People normally club together Viharamahadevi Park and Glow Bar while planning their visit to Gangaramya Temple.