Isipathanaramaya Buddhist Temple, ColomboCurrently Open
- Address: Isipathana Road, Colombo, Sri Lanka
- Timings: 09:30 am - 04:30 pm Details
- Time Required: 00:30 Mins
- Tags: Religious Site, Temple, Family And Kids
About Isipathanaramaya Buddhist Temple, Colombo
The temple, built in 1916, was constructed by a father in memory of his son. The father was D.D. Pedris, whose son Henri Pedris was executed by the British on a false charge of rioting. The temple is known for its large stupa, the many exquisitely carved Buddha statues, and a beautiful boa tree. The walls are filled with murals painted in the 1920s. The chambers are filled with Hindu and Buddhist relics and artefacts. People visit it as much for its serene atmosphere as for its many architectural highlights.
How To reach Isipathanaramaya Buddhist Temple by Public Transport
- Take a tuk-tuk, taxi, or local bus to here.
- Drive or walk to here.
- Isipathana Bus Stop
Love this? Explore the entire list of things to do in Colombo before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Colombo and book an accommodation of your choice.
Isipathanaramaya Buddhist Temple, Colombo Reviews
Peaceful place. Only temple in Colombo with a such a calm atmosphere.
Peaceful place for the urban community. Old temple with great art and carvings.
The temple everyone should visit. :-) great place for meditation
Peaceful place and great for meditation
All Questionsisipathanaramaya buddhist temple
- Attractions near Isipathanaramaya Buddhist Temple
- King Sri Wickrama Rajasinghe Prison Cell
- Colombo Lighthouse
- Sambodhi Chaithya
- Old Dutch Hospital
- The Central Point - Economic History Museum
- St Peters Church
- Borella General Cemetery
- Pettah Mosques
- Church Of St. Michael & All Angels
- The Cricket Club Cafe
- The National Museum Of Colombo
- Sapumal Foundation