Isipathanaramaya Buddhist TempleCurrently Open [Closes at 04:30 pm]
- Address: Isipathana Road, Colombo, Sri Lanka
- Timings: 09:30 am - 04:30 pm Details
- Ticket Price: Free
- Time Required: 00:30 Mins
- Tags: Religious Site, Temple, Family And Kids
Isipathanaramaya Buddhist Temple - Review
The temple, built in 1916, was constructed by a father in memory of his son. The father was D.D. Pedris, whose son Henri Pedris was executed by the British on a false charge of rioting. The temple is known for its large stupa, the many exquisitely carved Buddha statues, and a beautiful boa tree. The walls are filled with murals painted in the 1920s. The chambers are filled with Hindu and Buddhist relics and artefacts. People visit it as much for its serene atmosphere as for its many architectural highlights.
How To reach Isipathanaramaya Buddhist Temple by Public Transport
- Take a tuk-tuk, taxi, or local bus to here.
- Drive or walk to here.
- Isipathana Bus Stop
Love this? Explore the entire list of things to do in Colombo before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Colombo and book an accommodation of your choice.
Things to Know Before Visiting Isipathanaramaya Buddhist Temple
95% of people who visit Colombo include Isipathanaramaya Buddhist Temple in their plan
12 PM - 1 PM
56.69% of people start their Isipathanaramaya Buddhist Temple visit around 12 PM - 1 PM
People usually take around 30 Minutes to see Isipathanaramaya Buddhist Temple
93.64% of people prefer to travel by car while visiting Isipathanaramaya Buddhist Temple
Isipathanaramaya Buddhist Temple Map
Isipathanaramaya Buddhist Temple Trips
Isipathanaramaya Buddhist Temple, Colombo Reviews
Usually it's a little bit crowded on a poya day, but most of the time it's a very calm and a quiet place. A nice place for meditation. This place has parking space for around 20 vehicles. Recommended to visit after 6pm IST.
peaceful place. good sunday school. old temple.
Quite and calm place. Good to visit if you are passing by.
Peaceful place. Only temple in Colombo with a such a calm atmosphere.
Peaceful place for the urban community. Old temple with great art and carvings.
All QuestionsIsipathanaramaya buddhist temple
- Murrayville United Methodist Church
- Double L Quarter Horses
- Murrayville Baptist Church
- Murrayville United Methodist Parsonage
- Sandy Creek Baptist Assoc
- Murrayville House Of Prayer
- Little Egypt Woodmen Camp
- Faith Church Of God
- St Paul's Lutheran Church-Missouri Synod
- Calvary Southern Baptist Church
- West Frankfort Bowl
- Depot Veterans Memorial & Coal Miner's Memorial
- Third Baptist Church
- Harmony Freewill Baptist Church
- Strawberry Meadows