National Zoological Gardens Of Sri Lanka1570 Votes Currently Open
- Address: Anagarika Dharmapala Mawatha, Dehiwala 10350, Sri Lanka, Colombo
- Timings: 08:30 am - 06:00 pm Details
- Phone: +94-112712752
- Ticket Price: 2500 LKR
- Time Required: 03:00 Hrs
- Tags: Zoo, Family And Kids, Bird Watching
Opened in 1936, the zoo has a lot of assets packed into a mere 10 hectares. There are at least 3000 animals, representing at least 300 species in total. The exhibits are quite straightforward, and divided into several sections. These are Primates (16 kinds of monkeys), Birds (flamingos, swans, ostriches, aquatic birds, migratory birds, raptors), a butterfly garden with 245 different species, an elephant area, about 32 species of reptiles including pythons, crocodiles and turtles, and Hoofed Animals (giraffes, zebras, rhinos, deer). Kids will love the petting area.
National Zoological Gardens Of Sri Lanka Travel Tips
- You can book a birthday party with animals on the zoo website.
Entrance Ticket Details For National Zoological Gardens Of Sri Lanka
- Adult LKR 100.00
- Children LKR 30.00 (3-12 Years)
- Children LKR 20.00
- Overseas Visitors
- Adult LKR 2500.00
- Children LKR 1250.00
- Adult LKR 700.00
- Children LKR 350.00
- Meet the Sea Lion “Chakku” – LKR 3000.00
- Hello To Elephants – LKR 5000.00
- Meet Our Birds – LKR 3000.00
National Zoological Gardens Of Sri Lanka Hours
- Meet the Sea Lion “Chakku” – 4pm
- Hello To Elephants – 4:30pm
- Meet Our Birds – 3pm on Friday, Saturday and Sunday
Last admission at 5:30pm.
How to Reach National Zoological Gardens Of Sri Lanka
- Take a tuk-tuk, taxi, or local bus to here.
- Drive or walk to here.
- Dehiwala Zoo Bus Stop
Love this? Explore the entire list of places to visit in Colombo before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Colombo and book an accommodation of your choice.
23.83% of people who visit Colombo include National Zoological Gardens Of Sri Lanka in their plan
1 PM - 2 PM
88.16% of people start their National Zoological Gardens Of Sri Lanka visit around 1 PM - 2 PM
People usually take around 3 Hrs to see National Zoological Gardens Of Sri Lanka
94.83% of people prefer to travel by car while visiting National Zoological Gardens Of Sri Lanka
National Zoological Gardens Of Sri Lanka Reviews & Ratings
Is the zoo open tomorrowAnswer Report Abuse
is the zoo open on poya days?Answer Report Abuse
The zoo is open from 8:30 am to 5:30 pm every day.Report Abuse
HelloAnswer Report Abuse