Old City HallCurrently Closed
- Address: Street Main St, Col 11, Colombo, Sri Lanka
- Timings: 08:00 am - 05:00 pm Details
- Time Required: 00:30 Mins
- Tags: Architecture , Heritage Building
An ecstatic structure of the past but now a semi-ruined building is what the old city hall is like. Built almost 150 years ago, this was a signature construction of the British era and is now mostly empty. The galleries on the ground floor display some municipal equipments and old trucks.
The worth observing are the notable Mahogany stairs in the distinctive vintage style. These stairs lead up to the old council chambers and the virtual waxworks merit a watch. The replicas of town’s first councillors from 1906 are displayed.
The tinted windows offer a view of tumult of the city and beware of the grisly dark indoors if you are not a night person.
Old City Hall Travel Tips
- Attendants that can offer you a guided tour through the building are available at nominal charges approximately LKR 100.
How to Reach Old City Hall
- You can take the cool kangaroo radio cab, the ace cab or rent a taxi service. The cheapest and easiest way is to hire the tuk-tuk.
- Chettinaad- South Indian curry and rice
- New palm leaf hotel- tea and cake
Love this? Explore the entire list of places to visit in Colombo before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Colombo and book an accommodation of your choice.
44.47% of people who visit Colombo include Old City Hall in their plan
08 AM - 09 AM
39.67% of people start their Old City Hall visit around 08 AM - 09 AM
People usually take around 30 Minutes to see Old City Hall
95% of people prefer to travel by car while visiting Old City Hall