Old Parliament BuildingCurrently Open
- Address: Old Parliament Building, Lotus Road, Colombo Sri Lanka
- Timings: 24-hrs Details
- Time Required: 00:45 Mins
- Tags: Family And Kids, Architecture , Heritage Building
Old Parliament Building - Review
It could be ironic, that this, one of the most visited tourist attractions in the city, is not open to the public. But considering that people are well satisfied with merely taking photographs of its great architecture, it is not so surprising. Built in the 1930s in Neo-baroque style to house the Parliament, the building's function changed in 1983, when the parliament moved to Sri Jayawardenapura Kotte. Today it is the home of the the Presidential Secretariat, and is the venue of many an important state function or event. In front of the building, in the garden, are the statues of various important Sri Lankan statesmen.
How To reach Old Parliament Building by Public Transport
- Take a tuk-tuk, taxi, or local bus to 107 Bus Station, Lake House Bus Stop.
- Drive or walk here.
- Pettah Station
Love this? Explore the entire list of things to do in Colombo before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Colombo and book an accommodation of your choice.
Things to Know Before Visiting Old Parliament Building
95% of people who visit Colombo include Old Parliament Building in their plan
10 AM - 11 AM
42.22% of people start their Old Parliament Building visit around 10 AM - 11 AM
People usually take around 30 Minutes to see Old Parliament Building
91.46% of people prefer to travel by car while visiting Old Parliament Building
Old Parliament Building Map
Old Parliament Building Trips
Old Parliament Building, Colombo Reviews
All QuestionsOld parliament building
- De Graaf Fine Art
- Good Goods
- Singapore Yacht Club
- Best Chance
- Kingfisher Cove Of Saugatuck
- Saugatuck Music In The Park
- Highbanks Wildlife Art Gallery
- Mt. Baldhead Steps....The Top
- Saugatuck Gallery
- Shangrai-La Mobile Home Park
- Saugatuck Township Tails 'N' Trails Dog Park
- Christian Science Society
- Back Bay
- Olde Tyme Boat Shop
- Saugatuck Artists Collective