Sambodhi ChaithyaCurrently Closed
- Address: Chaithya Rd Colombo 00100 Sri Lanka
- Timings: 10:00 am - 06:00 pm Details
- Ticket Price: Free
- Time Required: 00:30 Mins
- Tags: Religious Site, Family And Kids
Sambodhi Chaithya - Review
This unusual but grand Buddhist stupa and shrine is built high upon two interlocking arches at the entrance to the Colombo Harbour. To get up there, you have to climb the stairs of the attached tower. Take your shoes off first, and then take deep breath. It's 260 steps to the top. From there, you have some of the best views you'll ever get of the city and the sea in Colombo. Naturally, visit at sunset. The inside walls of the stupa are covered with drawn panels that depict scenes from the life of the Buddha. It's a very serene and tranquil spot.
Sambodhi Chaithya Opening and Closing Hours
- There's a small chance the stupa might be closed after hours. There is no way to confirm this right now.
How To reach Sambodhi Chaithya by Public Transport
- Take a tuk-tuk, taxi, or local bus to here.
- Drive or walk to here
- 107 Bus Station
Love this? Explore the entire list of things to do in Colombo before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Colombo and book an accommodation of your choice.
Things to Know Before Visiting Sambodhi Chaithya
65.85% of people who visit Colombo include Sambodhi Chaithya in their plan
10 AM - 11 AM
37.41% of people start their Sambodhi Chaithya visit around 10 AM - 11 AM
People usually take around 30 Minutes to see Sambodhi Chaithya
81.04% of people prefer to travel by car while visiting Sambodhi Chaithya
Sambodhi Chaithya Map
Sambodhi Chaithya Trips
Sambodhi Chaithya, Colombo Reviews
Wonderfull temple in colombo. Harbour view temple. Very interesting
If you get to the top of the building you will be able to see a glamorous view of port city, harbor and other soroundings.
nice place. you can see the scenery around the harbour, new port city area and louts tower. I recommend to vist couples, friend and family with kids.
Nice place near the Colombo port and Galle Face.
Awesome place in colombo area
All QuestionsSambodhi chaithya
- La Teñada
- Iglesia De Santa María Del Azogue
- Biblioteca Publica
- Iglesia De San Juan
- Conjunto Histórico Artístico De Valderas
- Plaza De Toros De Valderas
- Promocion Servicios Culturales Recreativos
- Bodega Casto Pequeño
- Ayuntamiento De Valderas
- Museo Parroquial De Valderas
- Bodega Vinos De La Ribera De La Cea S.coop
- Parroquia De Riudaura
- Castillo De Los Davila
- Antonia Pereda Diaz
- Castillo De Puente Del Congosto