Sambodhi Chaithya, Colombo
About Sambodhi Chaithya, Colombo
Sambodhi Chaithya, Colombo - Address
Address: Chaithya Rd Colombo 00100 Sri Lanka
Time Required: 00:30 Mins
Timings: 10:00 am - 06:00 pm Details
Added 8.5K times in trip plans
Religious Site, Family And Kids
Try TripHobo to create your itinerary
Are you associated with this business? Get in touch
This unusual but grand Buddhist stupa and shrine is built high upon two interlocking arches at the entrance to the Colombo Harbour. To get up there, you have to climb the stairs of the attached tower. Take your shoes off first, and then take deep breath. It's 260 steps to the top. From there, you have some of the best views you'll ever get of the city and the sea in Colombo. Naturally, visit at sunset. The inside walls of the stupa are covered with drawn panels that depict scenes from the life of the Buddha. It's a very serene and tranquil spot.
Sambodhi Chaithya Opening and Closing Hours
- There's a small chance the stupa might be closed after hours. There is no way to confirm this right now.
How To reach Sambodhi Chaithya by Public Transport
- Take a tuk-tuk, taxi, or local bus to here.
- Drive or walk to here
- 107 Bus Station
Love this? Explore the entire list of things to do in Colombo before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Colombo and book an accommodation of your choice.
Sambodhi Chaithya, Colombo Reviews - Write a Review
Visit this place local or tourist. Nice view from top of colombo port and sea. Fetch binocular if have ...it will be a great point to observe
Great view of Port and Indian ocean
You can have a scenic view when you are on the top of this.
stupa is located in Colombo Harbour, Sri Lanka.Nice view from top of colombo port and sea.
This place is located very close to the Colombo Harbor. We can see the Harbor beautifully.
- Nearby Attractions
- Borella General Cemetery
- King Sri Wickrama Rajasinghe Prison Cell
- Dawatagaha Jumma Masjid And Shrine
- St Pauls Church
- Gangaramya Temple
- Mount Lavinia Beach
- The National Museum Of Colombo
- The National Museum Of Natural History
- Old Dutch Hospital
- Wolvendaal Church
- Colombo Day-wise Trips
- What to See in 24 Hours in Colombo
- What to See in 48 Hours in Colombo
- What to See in 72 Hours in Colombo
- How to Spend 5 Days in Colombo
- How to Spend 6 Days in Colombo
- How to Spend 7 Days in Colombo