Sri KaileswaramCurrently Open [Closes at 03:30 pm]
- Address: 11/15, Captain's Garden Kovil Street, Colombo 01000, Sri Lanka
- Timings: 09:00 am - 03:30 pm Details
- Phone: +94-112687110
- Ticket Price: Free
- Time Required: 00:30 Mins
- Tags: Religious Site, Temple, Family And Kids, Architecture
Sri Kaileswaram - Review
This is the oldest (125 years old) and largest Hindu temple in the city. Like most major hindu temples, the architecture is incredibly ornate. Hundreds of sculptures and carvings of hindu deities adorn the high, sloping blue roof, the top of which is 80 feet above the ground. The inside is relatively plain, but the walls have some religious paintings and murals. There may be some classical devotional music being played when you visit. The atmosphere inside is very clean and welcoming, in sharp contrast to the rather dirty streets outside.
Sri Kaileswaram Information
- Dress conservatively when visiting.
- There may be torts pretending to be guides who will ask you to give them lots of money because they are poor. Avoid them.
Sri Kaileswaram Ticket Prices
- There may be a nominal fee for photography.
How To reach Sri Kaileswaram by Public Transport
- Take a tuk-tuk, taxi, or local bus to Bastian Mawatha Bus Station and Elphinstone Bus Stop.
- Drive or walk to here.
Love this? Explore the entire list of things to do in Colombo before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Colombo and book an accommodation of your choice.
Things to Know Before Visiting Sri Kaileswaram
95% of people who visit Colombo include Sri Kaileswaram in their plan
09 AM - 10 AM
43.49% of people start their Sri Kaileswaram visit around 09 AM - 10 AM
People usually take around 30 Minutes to see Sri Kaileswaram
93.96% of people prefer to travel by car while visiting Sri Kaileswaram
Sri Kaileswaram Map
Sri Kaileswaram Trips
Sri Kaileswaram, Colombo Reviews
Nice temple. No shirt..only traditional dress
Discovered by accident as it didn't appear on Google's suggestion or until your really zoomed in on it's location, a hidden gem we discovered when we were photographing the lotus tower being built. Truly beautiful place, amazing art and very warm and beautiful people. Should be a must if you're visiting temple in colombo.
One of old kovils in CMB..... Peaceful, mind relaxing place... with chief kurukkal radha krishnan sharma... blessed lord shivam.....
Maybe the most Tecki tower in Sri Lanka
Earful stench here and the road to it was less than inviting. Beautiful temple but rubbish scattered all around. Location is amongst train maintenance sheds and big concrete works. Could not enter on the Sunday we visited
All QuestionsSri kaileswaram
- St Stephen R C Church
- Holy Redeemer R C Church
- Elim Pentecostal Family Church
- Clydebank Library
- Dalmuir Illuminations
- Methodist Church - Clydebank
- Yoker Railway Station
- A Walking Tour Of Clydebank - Day Tours
- The 543 Club
- Empire Clydebank
- St Joseph's R C Church, Faifley Rd, Clydebank
- Moniques Live Fish Foods Aquarium, Pond & Reptile Supplies
- Titan Crane Clydebank
- Clydebank Station