St Anthony's Church KochikadeCurrently Open [Closes at 07:00 pm]
- Address: Kochchikade, St Anthony's Mawatha, Colombo, Sri Lanka
- Timings: 05:30 am - 07:00 pm Details
- Phone: +94-112329303
- Ticket Price: Free
- Time Required: 00:15 Mins
- Tags: Church, Religious Site, Family And Kids
St Anthony's Church Kochikade - Review
This is one of the most curious churches you'll ever visit. From the outside, it is by every appearance a regular Catholic Church. But the second you step in, it's as if you've stepped into a pagan temple. There are a dozen statues of Christian saints, and you will find lines of church-goers making offerings to each saint in a manner that is definitely non-traditional. The statue of St. Anthony is especially popular, as there are stories of miracles associated to it. During times of festival, the entire church is usually decked out in full Hindu-style pagan pizzazz. This all inclusive nature of the church has made a favourite of people of every imaginable faith in Colombo. The church was built in 1905 by an Indian Catholic. The church is an important cultural asset in Indo-Sri Lankan relationships.
St Anthony's Church Kochikade Information
- Photography is generally not allowed.
St Anthony's Church Kochikade Opening and Closing Hours
- Sundays: 5:30 AM, 7:30 AM Mass in Tamil & 12:15 PM, 5:30 PM Mass in Sinhala.
- Daily: 6:00 AM-Mass in Tamil & 12:15 PM-Mass in Sinhala
- Saturday 6:00 PM: Mass in English
- Opening hours given are by mass times. Call the attraction to find out visiting hours.
How To reach St Anthony's Church Kochikade by Public Transport
- Take a tuk-tuk, taxi, or local bus to Kotahena Bus Stand.
- Drive or walk here.
Love this? Explore the entire list of things to do in Colombo before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Colombo and book an accommodation of your choice.
Things to Know Before Visiting St Anthony's Church Kochikade
95% of people who visit Colombo include St Anthony's Church Kochikade in their plan
08 AM - 09 AM
65.75% of people start their St Anthony's Church Kochikade visit around 08 AM - 09 AM
People usually take around 30 Minutes to see St Anthony's Church Kochikade
93.85% of people prefer to travel by car while visiting St Anthony's Church Kochikade
St Anthony's Church Kochikade Map
St Anthony's Church Kochikade Trips
St Anthony's Church Kochikade, Colombo Reviews
The most visited Roman Catholic Shrine in Colombo. Visited also by non Catholics out of respect to St.Anthony as well as the Shrine, especially during annual fiest. The Shrine is known for blessings in abundance for devotees and the faithful.
One of the Miraculous & famous Catholic Church in Srilanka , Every day Christian and non christian devotees visiting to this place for their spiritual needs. Tuesday is the busiest day during the week.
This is one of the famous divine destinations in Colombo. This was built a long time ago. This is a Roman Catholic church but is also visited by Non Roman Catholics during fiest time.
One of the famous Roman Catholic Church in Colombo, Sri Lanka. Its Shrine & Lots Pilgrimages over here. Pilgrimages are coming different province n Stay over here for the feast. Every June celebrating Anthony's feast. 3rd of June hoisting flag n 13th Celebrating the Shrine feast
it is a catholic church dedicated to st Anton. this church is call as a shrine as it is always full with catholic and non catholic devotees. the church offer a sup kitchen for the poor to have their daily meals with respect manner. it is a very popular land mark.
All QuestionsSt anthony's church kochikade
- Grand Cane Baptist Church
- Friendship Baptist Church
- Grand Cane Baptist Church Family Lf
- New Elizabeth Baptist Church
- St Mark Baptist Church
- New Zion Baptist Church
- Wood Springs Baptist Church
- Jehovah's Witnesses Mansfield
- Old Zion Baptist Church
- Mary Evergreen Baptist Church
- Cedar Hill Baptist Church
- Zion Hill Baptist Church Number 1
- Mt Zion Baptist Church
- Desoto Arts Council Art Gllry
- Flower Hill Baptist Church