St Anthony's Church Kochikade, ColomboCurrently Open [Closes at 07:00 pm]
- Address: Kochchikade, St Anthony's Mawatha, Colombo, Sri Lanka
- Timings: 05:30 am - 07:00 pm Details
- Phone: +94-112329303
- Time Required: 00:15 Mins
- Tags: Church, Religious Site, Family And Kids
About St Anthony's Church Kochikade, Colombo
This is one of the most curious churches you'll ever visit. From the outside, it is by every appearance a regular Catholic Church. But the second you step in, it's as if you've stepped into a pagan temple. There are a dozen statues of Christian saints, and you will find lines of church-goers making offerings to each saint in a manner that is definitely non-traditional. The statue of St. Anthony is especially popular, as there are stories of miracles associated to it. During times of festival, the entire church is usually decked out in full Hindu-style pagan pizzazz. This all inclusive nature of the church has made a favourite of people of every imaginable faith in Colombo. The church was built in 1905 by an Indian Catholic. The church is an important cultural asset in Indo-Sri Lankan relationships.
St Anthony's Church Kochikade Information
- Photography is generally not allowed.
St Anthony's Church Kochikade Opening and Closing Hours
- Sundays: 5:30 AM, 7:30 AM Mass in Tamil & 12:15 PM, 5:30 PM Mass in Sinhala.
- Daily: 6:00 AM-Mass in Tamil & 12:15 PM-Mass in Sinhala
- Saturday 6:00 PM: Mass in English
- Opening hours given are by mass times. Call the attraction to find out visiting hours.
How To reach St Anthony's Church Kochikade by Public Transport
- Take a tuk-tuk, taxi, or local bus to Kotahena Bus Stand.
- Drive or walk here.
Love this? Explore the entire list of things to do in Colombo before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Colombo and book an accommodation of your choice.
St Anthony's Church Kochikade, Colombo Reviews
Best place to get relaxation and holy admiration.... Its a common place to visit as any gender and any religion....
Great shrine for St.Anthony. worshipped by lot of people and opened till late. Church has part of St. Anthony's tongue in a special casing. History of the church is fascinating if can be read. There's a shop for buying books memorabilia etc and candle hut for special occasions as well. It is a place for granting miracles. Enjoy if visiting.
It's a very popular church among the Sri Lankan Catholic community.
It's a great place to worship God almighty.. I had a lots of miracles in this place. Thanks be to GOD almighty in the name of JESUS Christ.. Thank you st: Anthony pray for us in the name of JESUS Christ...
One of the most miraculous shrines of the world. A place of worship for non catholics as well. Even to date St Anthony performs miracles to those who believe.
All Questionsst anthony's church kochikade
- Attractions near St Anthony's Church Kochikade
- Khan Clock Tower
- Dutch Period Museum
- Pettah Mosques
- Pettah Floating Market
- Wolvendaal Church
- Excel World
- The National Museum Of Natural History
- Glow Bar
- Bandaranaike Memorial International Conference Hall
- Sapumal Foundation
- The National Museum Of Colombo
- Geoffrey Bawa Number 11