St Peters Church6766 Votes Currently Open
- Address: Church St Colombo 00100 Sri Lanka Map
- Timings: 07:00 am - 05:00 pm Details
- Time Required: 00:30 Mins
- Tags: Church, Religious Site
It doesn't look like a church. That's the first thought you'll have when you step in, and are no longer being distracted by the admittedly church-like facade outside. But you see, it wasn't always a church. In Portuguese times, the building was a monastery. The Dutch used it as a government house and banquet hall. It wasn't until the British came along that it was made into a Garrison Church. It is cozy, and intimate, and so it is good for service. Plus, it's historical, so it counts as a tourist attraction too.
How to Reach St Peters Church
- Take a tuk-tuk, taxi, or local bus to here.
- Drive or walk to here
- 107 Bus Station
Love this? Explore the entire list of places to visit in Colombo before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Colombo and book an accommodation of your choice.
- St Peters Church Address: Church St Colombo 00100 Sri Lanka
- St Peters Church Timing: 07:00 am - 05:00 pm
- Best time to visit St Peters Church(preferred time): 12:00 pm - 04:00 pm
- Time required to visit St Peters Church: 00:30 Mins
- Try the best online travel planner to plan your travel itinerary!
95% of people who visit Colombo include St Peters Church in their plan
10 AM - 11 AM
50% of people start their St Peters Church visit around 10 AM - 11 AM
People usually take around 30 Minutes to see St Peters Church
82.86% of people prefer to travel by car while visiting St Peters Church
People normally club together Khan Clock Tower and Old Parliament Building while planning their visit to St Peters Church.