About Balanced Rock, Colorado Springs
Balanced Rock is one of the most popular features of Arches National Park, situated in Grand County, Utah, United States. Balanced Rock is located next to the park's main road, at about 9 miles (14.5 km) from the park entrance. The total height of Balanced Rock is about 128 feet (39 m), with the balancing rock rising 55 feet (16.75 m) above the base. The big rock on top is the size of three school buses. Until recently, Balanced Rock had a companion - a similar, but much smaller balanced rock named "Chip Off The Old Block", which fell during the winter of 1975/1976. Balanced Rock can be seen from the park's main road. There is also a short loop trail leading around the base of the rock. Balanced rock was formed through a process known as weathering.Wikipedia
Overview of Balanced Rock
On your visit to Colorado Springs, consider visiting Balanced Rock. Balanced Rock is often skipped on the visit, owing to the plethora of other prime attractions of Colorado Springs.
Top attractions of Colorado Springs worth your visit include Garden Of The Gods, Pikes Peak, Cheyenne Mountain Zoo, United States Air Force Academy and National Museum Of World War Ii Aviation. Visit these and also discover other interesting things to do in Colorado Springs before planning.
More about Colorado Springs
Find the joy in planning a D.I.Y. trip by using this awesome Colorado Springs trip planner.
Oomph up your visit by adding the best hotels in Colorado Springs like Quality Inn & Suites Garden Of The Gods, Hyatt House Colorado Springs and Best Western Executive Inn & Suites.
If you want to add the visit to Balanced Rock in your trip, you can choose from the variety of Colorado Springs vacation packages that can be designed to suit your preferences. These packages also cover your major concern of how to reach Colorado Springs.
Share your experience - Rate Balanced Rock, Colorado Springs
- Nearby Attractions
- Glen Eyrie Castle
- Palmer Park
- Colorado Springs Pioneers Museum
- Seven Falls
- Starr Kempf's Kinetic Sculptures
- Colorado Springs Fine Arts Center
- Western Museum Of Mining And Industry
- Cheyenne Mountain State Park
- Rock Ledge Ranch Historic Site
- Colorado Springs Philharmonic
- Hotels Near Balanced Rock
- Hotels Near Balanced Rock
- 5 Star Hotels Near Balanced Rock
- 4 Star Hotels Hotels Near Balanced Rock
- 3 Star Hotels Hotels Near Balanced Rock
- Budget Hotels Near Balanced Rock
- Cheap Hotels Near Balanced Rock
- Luxury Hotels Near Balanced Rock
- Colorado Springs Day-wise Trips
- 1 Day in Colorado Springs
- 2 Days in Colorado Springs
- 3 Days in Colorado Springs
- 4 Days in Colorado Springs
- 5 Days in Colorado Springs
- 6 Days in Colorado Springs
- 7 Days in Colorado Springs