Cheyenne Mountain ZooCurrently Closed
- Address: 4250 Cheyenne Mountain Zoo Rd, Colorado Springs, CO 80906, United States, 80906
- Timings: 09:00 am - 05:00 pm Details
- Phone: +1-7196339925
- Fax: +1-7196332254
- Ticket Price: 17 USD
- Time Required: 03:00 Hrs
- Tags: Outdoors, Zoo, Family And Kids, Adventure, Social, Zoos, Aquariums And Wildlife Sanctuaries
America’s exclusive and only mountain zoo that nurtures the largest Giraffe herds in the world, Cheyenne Mountain Zoo is also home to plenty of diverse animals in around 200+ species. The huge alpine forests serve as a habitat to over 800 animals including monkeys, hippos, tigers, snow leopards and bears.
The encounter Africa exhibit within the zoo which serves as a new home to African elephants, lions, meerkats and the majestic black rhinoceros is worth visiting.
Hand-feeding Giraffes, riding an antique carousel and taking an adventurous ride of the Mountaineer sky ride and gear up for a Wild experience!
- Wheelchair accessible, wheelchairs are also available on rent.
- Given ticket prices are for May 1st to Labour day (last week of May)
- Children (ages 3-11): 12.25 USD
- Seniors (ages 65+): 15.25 USD
- Military Adult: 14.25 USD
- Military Child: 9.25 USD
- All Children 2 and under: FREE
- June to April 30th: 14.25 USD, Children (ages 3-11) 10.25 USD, Senior (ages 65+) 12.25 USD, Military Adult* 11.25 USD, Military Child* 7.25 USD , All Children 2 and under: FREE
- The ticket price also includes entry to the Will Rogers Shrine on the same day.
- Last admission: 4:00 pm
- Thanksgiving Day: Last admission is at 3:00 pm
- Christmas Eve: Last admission is at 3:00 pm. (no Electric Safari)
- Christmas Day: Last admission is at 3:00 pm. (Electric Safari begins at 5:30 p.m.)
- New Year’s Eve: Last admission is at 3:00 pm. (Electric Safari begins at 5:30 p.m.)
- New Year’s Day: Last admission is at 3:00 pm. (Electric Safari begins at 5:30 p.m.)
- Timings for boat and electric safari may vary, please check official website for the same.
- The Will Rogers Shrine is closed on Thanksgiving Day, Christmas Day and New Year’s Day.
Love this? Explore the entire list of things to do in Colorado Springs before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Colorado Springs and book an accommodation of your choice.
95% of people who visit Colorado Springs include Cheyenne Mountain Zoo in their plan
09 AM - 10 AM
44.79% of people start their Cheyenne Mountain Zoo visit around 09 AM - 10 AM
People usually take around 3 Hrs to see Cheyenne Mountain Zoo
95% of people prefer to travel by car while visiting Cheyenne Mountain Zoo
Love love Love going!! It is clean, wonderful helpers, & so many exhibits to enjoy. Can't get enough. You can always grab a bite to eat from a nice variety of places throughout the zoo. It is a great place to relax & have fun!! All COS visitors should put this zoo on their list of places to visit for sure!
There are a lot of animals here. We paid for the trolley to ride to the top so that the kids would only have to walk downhill. The driver for the trolley was amazing. He explained where all the animals were and which way to go so we didn't pass any animals. I recommend taking a pen and pad of paper to write it all down. Such an amazing zoo and completely worth the price!
This zoo is absolutely amazing. We had such a great experience visiting here and it was the highlight of our trip. These people definitely care for their animals and hold their zoo to extremely high standards. We had read reviews before but it exceeded our expectations. The zoo might be a tough walk for some people but they have many accommodations for everyone to be able to enjoy it. We would give it more than five stars if we could.
Beautiful zoo, Beautiful views! Even after the snow this place was Great! We were missing some of the animals who were of course put up due to the cold but the ones we saw were Great! You could fees the giraffe's and learn a lot from the workers about the different animals. Good pricing. We are definitely planning on making a trip back in the spring/summer. I'm sure it will be a whole other world! Thank you for our trip!
There is not a zoo like Cheyenne anywhere in the country. Such passion and tender care for every animal. The staff are so knowledgable and passionate. The money you spend goes to wildlife conservation. They love their guests and have so many engaging experiences. Kids will love getting to be so close to the animals and riding the lift to the top of the mountain. Truly exceptional experience!