Set in the majestic Rocky Mountains, Pikes Peak Summit is undeniably one of the most popular in the United States and with its gigantic height, it deserves to be! The Peak is named after explorer Zebulon Pike whose expedition led to the discovery of this peak in the 1700’s. Hiking up to the peak has since then been on the bucket list of ambitious climbers and the routes include picturesque but dangerous spots like the Barr Trail, ride on the Broadmoor’s Pikes Peak Cog railway and a road trip on the highway.
The best and easiest way to explore this peak for tourists is to hop on a ride on the railway and enjoy this elevated beauty to its fullest without challenging much of your adrenaline!
Pikes Peak Travel Tips
- Prior booking for train ride is recommended.
Entrance Ticket Details For Pikes Peak
The given ticket prices are for May 1st to November 30th.
- Adult: 12 USD
- Children (6 to 15): 5 USD
- Carload up to 5 passengers: 40 USD per car
December 1st to April 30th
- Adults: 10 USD
- Children (6 to 15): 4 USD
- Carload up to 5 passengers: 35 USD
For additional passengers in car ticket prices may vary.
Pikes Peak Hours
- Timings for train rides are provided, since that is the preferred way for tourists to ascend the peak.
- Given timings are from May last week to first week of September (Memorial Day to Labour Day), uphill gate closes at 6:00 pm, summit closes at 7:00 pm.
- Second week of September to 30th September: Uphill gate closes at 5:00 pm, summit closes at 6:00 pm.
- October 1st to last week of May: Uphill gate closes at 3:00 pm, summit closes at 4:00 pm.
- Pikes Peak - America's Mountain is open year round* - weather permitting except Thanksgiving day and 25th December.
- Uphill gates close at 3:00 pm.
- Pikes Peak summit closes 4:00 pm.
- Train Hours: Open daily from 8:00 am to 4:30 pm Train Departs every 80 minutes.
How to Reach Pikes Peak
- Broadmoor’s Pikes Peak Cog railway, hike, bike.
Love this? Explore the entire list of places to visit in Colorado Springs before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Colorado Springs and book an accommodation of your choice.
70.71% of people who visit Colorado Springs include Pikes Peak in their plan
09 AM - 10 AM
47.2% of people start their Pikes Peak visit around 09 AM - 10 AM
People usually take around 30 Minutes to see Pikes Peak
93.73% of people prefer to travel by car while visiting Pikes Peak
Pikes Peak Reviews & Ratings
I am a veteran what is the process for me to reserve a ticket for travel in June 2021Answer Report Abuse
What are the ticket prices?Answer Report Abuse