Set in the majestic Rocky Mountains, Pikes Peak Summit is undeniably one of the most popular in the United States and with its gigantic height, it deserves to be! The Peak is named after explorer Zebulon Pike whose expedition led to the discovery of this peak in the 1700’s. Hiking up to the peak has since then been on the bucket list of ambitious climbers and the routes include picturesque but dangerous spots like the Barr Trail, ride on the Broadmoor’s Pikes Peak Cog railway and a road trip on the highway.
The best and easiest way to explore this peak for tourists is to hop on a ride on the railway and enjoy this elevated beauty to its fullest without challenging much of your adrenaline!
- Prior booking for train ride is recommended.
The given ticket prices are for May 1st to November 30th.
- Adult: 12 USD
- Children (6 to 15): 5 USD
- Carload up to 5 passengers: 40 USD per car
December 1st to April 30th
- Adults: 10 USD
- Children (6 to 15): 4 USD
- Carload up to 5 passengers: 35 USD
For additional passengers in car ticket prices may vary.
- Timings for train rides are provided, since that is the preferred way for tourists to ascend the peak.
- Given timings are from May last week to first week of September (Memorial Day to Labour Day), uphill gate closes at 6:00 pm, summit closes at 7:00 pm.
- Second week of September to 30th September: Uphill gate closes at 5:00 pm, summit closes at 6:00 pm.
- October 1st to last week of May: Uphill gate closes at 3:00 pm, summit closes at 4:00 pm.
- Pikes Peak - America's Mountain is open year round* - weather permitting except Thanksgiving day and 25th December.
- Uphill gates close at 3:00 pm.
- Pikes Peak summit closes 4:00 pm.
- Train Hours: Open daily from 8:00 am to 4:30 pm Train Departs every 80 minutes.
- Broadmoor’s Pikes Peak Cog railway, hike, bike.
Love this? Explore the entire list of things to do in Colorado Springs before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Colorado Springs and book an accommodation of your choice.
95% of people who visit Colorado Springs include Pikes Peak in their plan
09 AM - 10 AM
47.2% of people start their Pikes Peak visit around 09 AM - 10 AM
People usually take around 30 Minutes to see Pikes Peak
93.73% of people prefer to travel by car while visiting Pikes Peak
Love this place!! Beautiful drive up and then took the shuttle to the summit. The driver of the shuttle was very entertaining and got us there in one piece! The summit is just a beautiful place. The visitor center needs an update. Lots of construction for the new visitor center but doesn't take away anything from Pikes Peak. Worth the trip.
Definitely a once-in-a-lifetime experience! Everyone should reach the top at least once! Breathtaking views and a beautiful trip to the top. An accomplishment I am very proud to say I achieved!! Just gorgeous!
This place was absolutely magnificent. My family visited here in late July and it snowed on the peak. It was pretty awesome. Beautiful views and scenery.
Come on!!! $50 bucks per car if you have at least 4, else it is &15 per person! That is pretty steep for access to a mountain road. And they no longer give access to the very top due to the construction. The experience is cool, very nice scenic news from the top, beautiful forest road and the donuts and hot chocolate at the top do not disappoint. But please stop raising the price, or maybe offer a discount for locals that go there multiple times a year.
Beautiful view and awe inspiring experience. Worth the trip regardless of how you make it to the top. Unfortunately their donut machine wasn't working at the time but they still had ample refreshments and souvenirs to commemorate your visit. Would highly recommend.