Pikes PeakCurrently Closed
- Address: Colorado Springs, CO 80809, USA, United States
- Timings: 07:30 am - 08:00 pm Details
- Phone: +1-8005252250
- Ticket Price: 12 USD
- Tags: Outdoors, Mountain, Trail, Family And Kids, Peak, Nature
About Pikes Peak, Colorado Springs
Set in the majestic Rocky Mountains, Pikes Peak Summit is undeniably one of the most popular in the United States and with its gigantic height, it deserves to be! The Peak is named after explorer Zebulon Pike whose expedition led to the discovery of this peak in the 1700’s. Hiking up to the peak has since then been on the bucket list of ambitious climbers and the routes include picturesque but dangerous spots like the Barr Trail, ride on the Broadmoor’s Pikes Peak Cog railway and a road trip on the highway.
The best and easiest way to explore this peak for tourists is to hop on a ride on the railway and enjoy this elevated beauty to its fullest without challenging much of your adrenaline!
Pikes Peak Information
- Prior booking for train ride is recommended.
Pikes Peak Ticket Prices
The given ticket prices are for May 1st to November 30th.
- Adult: 12 USD
- Children (6 to 15): 5 USD
- Carload up to 5 passengers: 40 USD per car
December 1st to April 30th
- Adults: 10 USD
- Children (6 to 15): 4 USD
- Carload up to 5 passengers: 35 USD
For additional passengers in car ticket prices may vary.
Pikes Peak Opening and Closing Hours
- Timings for train rides are provided, since that is the preferred way for tourists to ascend the peak.
- Given timings are from May last week to first week of September (Memorial Day to Labour Day), uphill gate closes at 6:00 pm, summit closes at 7:00 pm.
- Second week of September to 30th September: Uphill gate closes at 5:00 pm, summit closes at 6:00 pm.
- October 1st to last week of May: Uphill gate closes at 3:00 pm, summit closes at 4:00 pm.
- Pikes Peak - America's Mountain is open year round* - weather permitting except Thanksgiving day and 25th December.
- Uphill gates close at 3:00 pm.
- Pikes Peak summit closes 4:00 pm.
- Train Hours: Open daily from 8:00 am to 4:30 pm Train Departs every 80 minutes.
How To reach Pikes Peak by Public Transport
- Broadmoor’s Pikes Peak Cog railway, hike, bike.
Love this? Explore the entire list of things to do in Colorado Springs before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Colorado Springs and book an accommodation of your choice.
Things to Know Before Visiting Pikes Peak
95% of people who visit Colorado Springs include Pikes Peak in their plan
09 AM - 10 AM
53.48% of people start their Pikes Peak visit around 09 AM - 10 AM
People usually take around 1 Hr to see Pikes Peak
90.89% of people prefer to travel by car while visiting Pikes Peak
Pikes Peak Map
Pikes Peak Trips
3 Views10 Days 9 Nights10 Day Trip to Mosca, Estes Park, Colorado SpringsBy: Guest UserCity: Mosca, Colorado Springs, Estes Park
Pikes Peak, Colorado Springs Reviews
What an incredible place. Loved being on the mountain. Great scenic drive (bring your motion sickness medicine), nice short hikes as well as THE long hike up (or down). Thought the entrance fee was pricey. But enjoyed my days there a lot.
The train was a BUST. Picking up trail hikers that smell like goats. Assigned seating. The seats are slippery and if put in the seats that that you face backwards going up the mountain you have to brace yourself in the seats the whole way. The building at the top of pikes peak has not been renovated in 40+years, if ever. The bathrooms were filthy. Very disappointed in what we spent to use the Cog railway. We will definitely drive the next time. Plus you cant wander around, worried you will be left behind. Train isnt there very long, like 30 minutes, I think.
Great place to hike and explore with your family. Be careful of the high winds as you reach the peak. overall an amazing experience to have
Where else can you drive on asphalt paved roads to over 14k feet! Super majestic, frozen lakes, picture turnouts, incredible views. 2 lane road to the top. Oh restaurant, cafe, clean restrooms await at the top. Hiking trails and even a train should you want to go by rail. Top notch experience!
View was breathtaking. If you're very squeamish about height this is not for you. The drive up was frightening to me. I also couldn't get out of the car. Too dizzy from the altitude. My daughter did fine. I just too old.
All QuestionsPikes peak
- Clear Creek Valley Baptist Church
- Lewis Meadows Park
- Highland Event Center
- Ward Pond SWA
- Prospect RV Park
- Rocky Mountain District
- Infinite Editions
- Westwoods Community Church
- Jefferson County Public Library
- Wellspring Bible Church
- Jim's Prop Shop
- Swim Otters Swim And Fitness School
- River Mouse Touring Kayaks
- Randall Park
- The Star Entertainment Group