Pikes Peak, Colorado Springs
About Pikes Peak, Colorado Springs
Pikes Peak, Colorado Springs - Address, Phone Number, Ticket Price
Address: Colorado Springs, CO 80809, USA
Ticket Price: 12 USD
Timings: 07:30 am - 08:00 pm Details
Added 8.7K times in trip plans
Outdoors, Mountain, Trail, Family And Kids, Peak, Nature
Try TripHobo to create your itinerary
Are you associated with this business? Get in touch
Set in the majestic Rocky Mountains, Pikes Peak Summit is undeniably one of the most popular in the United States and with its gigantic height, it deserves to be! The Peak is named after explorer Zebulon Pike whose expedition led to the discovery of this peak in the 1700’s. Hiking up to the peak has since then been on the bucket list of ambitious climbers and the routes include picturesque but dangerous spots like the Barr Trail, ride on the Broadmoor’s Pikes Peak Cog railway and a road trip on the highway.
The best and easiest way to explore this peak for tourists is to hop on a ride on the railway and enjoy this elevated beauty to its fullest without challenging much of your adrenaline!
Pikes Peak Information
- Prior booking for train ride is recommended.
Pikes Peak Ticket Prices
The given ticket prices are for May 1st to November 30th.
- Adult: 12 USD
- Children (6 to 15): 5 USD
- Carload up to 5 passengers: 40 USD per car
December 1st to April 30th
- Adults: 10 USD
- Children (6 to 15): 4 USD
- Carload up to 5 passengers: 35 USD
For additional passengers in car ticket prices may vary.
Pikes Peak Opening and Closing Hours
- Timings for train rides are provided, since that is the preferred way for tourists to ascend the peak.
- Given timings are from May last week to first week of September (Memorial Day to Labour Day), uphill gate closes at 6:00 pm, summit closes at 7:00 pm.
- Second week of September to 30th September: Uphill gate closes at 5:00 pm, summit closes at 6:00 pm.
- October 1st to last week of May: Uphill gate closes at 3:00 pm, summit closes at 4:00 pm.
- Pikes Peak - America's Mountain is open year round* - weather permitting except Thanksgiving day and 25th December.
- Uphill gates close at 3:00 pm.
- Pikes Peak summit closes 4:00 pm.
- Train Hours: Open daily from 8:00 am to 4:30 pm Train Departs every 80 minutes.
How To reach Pikes Peak by Public Transport
- Broadmoor’s Pikes Peak Cog railway, hike, bike.
Love this? Explore the entire list of things to do in Colorado Springs before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Colorado Springs and book an accommodation of your choice.
Pikes Peak, Colorado Springs Reviews - Write a Review
How does one write a review for Pikes Peak! What is cool is that they have several gift shops on the way up to the top. There are coins you can collect but each stop has separate coins so it gives you an opportunity to stop and check each area out. The employee at each station were very friendly which helps make for a great day. If you are looking for something to do and pretty close I would recommend driving to the top and hanging out for a while. Views are awesome
Honestly the drive up to the top (19 miles low speed limit took almost an hour) was the best part! The views are amazing and the drive was intense, not for the faint of heart(very steep and often no guard rail). It was cold and windy at the top but I guess that's normal. The altitude (14k) was crazy to feel but not unbearable.
We were lucky enough to make the drive up Pikes Peak during the last weekend of the season that the whole road was open. It's full of gorgeous views all the way up the peak and the drive wasn't difficult. There are a few gift shops along the way with cute souvineers to take home.
Breathtaking literally.....make sure your car is ready to get to the summit....half tank of gas...bring warm clothes. 30-40 degree temp change from base entry at 7400 ft to 14,115 at top. Your so high up you need a different perspective to think about a good photo....insane views
OMG, the view is mind blowing and makes you feel so small and awed. Being on the peak was so awesome and climbing around on the rocks was great. The staff of the entrance, store, and train were very helpful and happy to answer questions. It was a great trip and I would definitely do it again!
- Nearby Attractions
- Butts Aaf (fort Carson)
- Space Foundation Discovery
- 6 Lake Ave
- Forsythe Drive
- Garden Of The Gods Road
- The Penrose Heritage Museum
- Mohawk Road
- Box Canyon Road
- Garden Of Gods
- 5350 7 Oaks Dr
- Colorado Springs Day-wise Trips
- What to See in 24 Hours in Colorado Springs
- What to See in 48 Hours in Colorado Springs
- What to See in 72 Hours in Colorado Springs
- How to Spend 5 Days in Colorado Springs
- How to Spend 6 Days in Colorado Springs
- How to Spend 7 Days in Colorado Springs