Pikes PeakCurrently Closed
- Address: Colorado Springs, CO 80809, USA, United States
- Timings: 07:30 am - 08:00 pm Details
- Phone: +1-8005252250
- Ticket Price: 12 USD
- Tags: Outdoors, Mountain, Trail, Family And Kids, Peak, Nature
Pikes Peak - Review
Set in the majestic Rocky Mountains, Pikes Peak Summit is undeniably one of the most popular in the United States and with its gigantic height, it deserves to be! The Peak is named after explorer Zebulon Pike whose expedition led to the discovery of this peak in the 1700’s. Hiking up to the peak has since then been on the bucket list of ambitious climbers and the routes include picturesque but dangerous spots like the Barr Trail, ride on the Broadmoor’s Pikes Peak Cog railway and a road trip on the highway.
The best and easiest way to explore this peak for tourists is to hop on a ride on the railway and enjoy this elevated beauty to its fullest without challenging much of your adrenaline!
Pikes Peak Information
- Prior booking for train ride is recommended.
Pikes Peak Ticket Prices
The given ticket prices are for May 1st to November 30th.
- Adult: 12 USD
- Children (6 to 15): 5 USD
- Carload up to 5 passengers: 40 USD per car
December 1st to April 30th
- Adults: 10 USD
- Children (6 to 15): 4 USD
- Carload up to 5 passengers: 35 USD
For additional passengers in car ticket prices may vary.
Pikes Peak Opening and Closing Hours
- Timings for train rides are provided, since that is the preferred way for tourists to ascend the peak.
- Given timings are from May last week to first week of September (Memorial Day to Labour Day), uphill gate closes at 6:00 pm, summit closes at 7:00 pm.
- Second week of September to 30th September: Uphill gate closes at 5:00 pm, summit closes at 6:00 pm.
- October 1st to last week of May: Uphill gate closes at 3:00 pm, summit closes at 4:00 pm.
- Pikes Peak - America's Mountain is open year round* - weather permitting except Thanksgiving day and 25th December.
- Uphill gates close at 3:00 pm.
- Pikes Peak summit closes 4:00 pm.
- Train Hours: Open daily from 8:00 am to 4:30 pm Train Departs every 80 minutes.
How To reach Pikes Peak by Public Transport
- Broadmoor’s Pikes Peak Cog railway, hike, bike.
Love this? Explore the entire list of things to do in Colorado Springs before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Colorado Springs and book an accommodation of your choice.
Things to Know Before Visiting Pikes Peak
95% of people who visit Colorado Springs include Pikes Peak in their plan
09 AM - 10 AM
53.51% of people start their Pikes Peak visit around 09 AM - 10 AM
People usually take around 1 Hr to see Pikes Peak
91.09% of people prefer to travel by car while visiting Pikes Peak
Pikes Peak Map
Pikes Peak Trips
Pikes Peak, Colorado Springs Reviews
What a gorgeous drive! Make sure you head warnings to use low gear on the way down as to not burn up your brakes! We were following several people that were riding brakes making us use ours more than necessary. Get donuts at top, there is nothing else like them! Take your time up and down. Pull over to see gorgeous views. Stop at crystal reservoir, beautiful!
A little freaky of a drive for people not used to it... if that's you, stop at mile 13 and ride the shuttle, otherwise, drive up to mile 16and take the shuttle. People with kids seats a d handicap are allowed all the way up. They're building a new Peak center up top so there's limited parking... to be honest, parking or not, I'd ride the shuttle. Once up top, DO GET A FAMOUS DONUT and coffee... they're so nice! Don't fight the crowds up top at the souvenir shop, you can get the same things at the souvenir shop at the big Lake that's about half way up. Once accustomed to the 14,000 and the crumbly stone that leads to certain death, you will feel sure footed enough to climb out and see some of the plaques & more scenic ledges for some great pictures... at July 2018, you really could only explore the north and the east faces... the clouds moved in and we saw some snow flakes! It wasn't even very cold! (Mid 40's, but it didn't feel cold!) On the way down, I hope you know/ understand how to use your gears to control the speed of your vehicle! (Last 2 pics I posted area after climbing up the mtn at the mi 16 parking area (~12,000') * oh, TIP... everyone congregated around the front sign that said Pike's Peak Summit 14,115'... Go around the back of the building where the train tracks are, there's another sign back there and no line!
It's very beautiful going up the mountain as well as at the pinnacle. Crystal Creek Reservoir pictured is one of many on the way up! I definitely feel lucky that I had the opportunity to go.
What can be said - breathtaking opportunity to see the world from 14,000 feet. Make sure to stop in the parking lot at mile 16 (The Devil’s Playground) and climb the short path to the top of the formations overlooking the parking lot. You’ll be rewarded with even better views than the peak, with less people and commercial/industrial obstructions (no gift shop or construction).
Breathtaking views through out your whole journey! I had the opportunity if also seeing some very interesting, and unique wildlife. While it is a long, steep journey up the mountain it is very well maintained, and is perfectly safe.
All QuestionsPikes peak
- Museo Parrocchiale Di San Grato
- Sala Giochi Del Corso Di Farina Caterina
- Santuario S. Domenico
- Pirotecnica Peter Pan Dicalvetta Fioravante
- Biblioteca Calabrese Centro Culturale Folklore
- Biblioteca Calabrese Istituto
- Parrocchia San Martino Vescovo
- Sergio Giuseppe
- Vallesella Di Cadore
- Camping International Di Cologna
- Da Vià Federico
- Ptp Rifugio Bajon - Rifugio Cai Permanente
- Parrocchia SS Quirico E Giulitta