Pikes Peak, Colorado Springs
Pikes Peak, Colorado Springs - Address, Phone Number, Ticket Price
Address: Colorado Springs, CO 80809, USA
Ticket Price: 12 USD
Timings: 07:30 am - 08:00 pm Details
Added 8.7K times in trip plans
Outdoors, Mountain, Trail, Family And Kids, Peak, Nature
Try TripHobo to create your itinerary
Are you associated with this business? Get in touch
About Pikes Peak, Colorado Springs
Set in the majestic Rocky Mountains, Pikes Peak Summit is undeniably one of the most popular in the United States and with its gigantic height, it deserves to be! The Peak is named after explorer Zebulon Pike whose expedition led to the discovery of this peak in the 1700’s. Hiking up to the peak has since then been on the bucket list of ambitious climbers and the routes include picturesque but dangerous spots like the Barr Trail, ride on the Broadmoor’s Pikes Peak Cog railway and a road trip on the highway.
The best and easiest way to explore this peak for tourists is to hop on a ride on the railway and enjoy this elevated beauty to its fullest without challenging much of your adrenaline!
Pikes Peak Information
- Prior booking for train ride is recommended.
Pikes Peak Ticket Prices
The given ticket prices are for May 1st to November 30th.
- Adult: 12 USD
- Children (6 to 15): 5 USD
- Carload up to 5 passengers: 40 USD per car
December 1st to April 30th
- Adults: 10 USD
- Children (6 to 15): 4 USD
- Carload up to 5 passengers: 35 USD
For additional passengers in car ticket prices may vary.
Pikes Peak Opening and Closing Hours
- Timings for train rides are provided, since that is the preferred way for tourists to ascend the peak.
- Given timings are from May last week to first week of September (Memorial Day to Labour Day), uphill gate closes at 6:00 pm, summit closes at 7:00 pm.
- Second week of September to 30th September: Uphill gate closes at 5:00 pm, summit closes at 6:00 pm.
- October 1st to last week of May: Uphill gate closes at 3:00 pm, summit closes at 4:00 pm.
- Pikes Peak - America's Mountain is open year round* - weather permitting except Thanksgiving day and 25th December.
- Uphill gates close at 3:00 pm.
- Pikes Peak summit closes 4:00 pm.
- Train Hours: Open daily from 8:00 am to 4:30 pm Train Departs every 80 minutes.
How To reach Pikes Peak by Public Transport
- Broadmoor’s Pikes Peak Cog railway, hike, bike.
Love this? Explore the entire list of things to do in Colorado Springs before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Colorado Springs and book an accommodation of your choice.
Pikes Peak, Colorado Springs Reviews
- Top Attractions in Colorado Springs
- Colorado Springs Fine Arts Center
- Cheyenne Mountain State Park
- Starr Kempf's Kinetic Sculptures
- Garden Of The Gods
- Helen Hunt Falls
- Rock Ledge Ranch Historic Site
- Peterson Air And Space Museum
- U.s. Olympic Training Center
- Glen Eyrie Castle
- Colorado Springs Philharmonic
- Cheyenne Mountain Zoo