Pikes PeakCurrently Closed
- Address: Colorado Springs, CO 80809, USA, United States
- Timings: 07:30 am - 08:00 pm Details
- Phone: +1-8005252250
- Ticket Price: 12 USD
- Tags: Outdoors, Mountain, Trail, Family And Kids, Peak, Nature
Pikes Peak - Review
Set in the majestic Rocky Mountains, Pikes Peak Summit is undeniably one of the most popular in the United States and with its gigantic height, it deserves to be! The Peak is named after explorer Zebulon Pike whose expedition led to the discovery of this peak in the 1700’s. Hiking up to the peak has since then been on the bucket list of ambitious climbers and the routes include picturesque but dangerous spots like the Barr Trail, ride on the Broadmoor’s Pikes Peak Cog railway and a road trip on the highway.
The best and easiest way to explore this peak for tourists is to hop on a ride on the railway and enjoy this elevated beauty to its fullest without challenging much of your adrenaline!
Pikes Peak Information
- Prior booking for train ride is recommended.
Pikes Peak Ticket Prices
The given ticket prices are for May 1st to November 30th.
- Adult: 12 USD
- Children (6 to 15): 5 USD
- Carload up to 5 passengers: 40 USD per car
December 1st to April 30th
- Adults: 10 USD
- Children (6 to 15): 4 USD
- Carload up to 5 passengers: 35 USD
For additional passengers in car ticket prices may vary.
Pikes Peak Hours
- Timings for train rides are provided, since that is the preferred way for tourists to ascend the peak.
- Given timings are from May last week to first week of September (Memorial Day to Labour Day), uphill gate closes at 6:00 pm, summit closes at 7:00 pm.
- Second week of September to 30th September: Uphill gate closes at 5:00 pm, summit closes at 6:00 pm.
- October 1st to last week of May: Uphill gate closes at 3:00 pm, summit closes at 4:00 pm.
- Pikes Peak - America's Mountain is open year round* - weather permitting except Thanksgiving day and 25th December.
- Uphill gates close at 3:00 pm.
- Pikes Peak summit closes 4:00 pm.
- Train Hours: Open daily from 8:00 am to 4:30 pm Train Departs every 80 minutes.
How To reach Pikes Peak by Public Transport
- Broadmoor’s Pikes Peak Cog railway, hike, bike.
Love this? Explore the entire list of things to do in Colorado Springs before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Colorado Springs and book an accommodation of your choice.
Things to Know Before Visiting Pikes Peak
95% of people who visit Colorado Springs include Pikes Peak in their plan
09 AM - 10 AM
47.2% of people start their Pikes Peak visit around 09 AM - 10 AM
People usually take around 30 Minutes to see Pikes Peak
93.73% of people prefer to travel by car while visiting Pikes Peak
Pikes Peak Trips
2 Views3 Days 2 Nights3 Day Trip to Colorado Springs from Fort LauderdaleBy: Guest UserCity: Colorado Springs
2 Views18 Days 17 Nights18 Day Trip to Colorado Springs, Portland, Binghamton from WorcesterBy: Guest UserCity: Binghamton, Colorado Springs, Portland
Pikes Peak, Colorado Springs Reviews
Come on!!! $50 bucks per car if you have at least 4, else it is &15 per person! That is pretty steep for access to a mountain road. And they no longer give access to the very top due to the construction. The experience is cool, very nice scenic news from the top, beautiful forest road and the donuts and hot chocolate at the top do not disappoint. But please stop raising the price, or maybe offer a discount for locals that go there multiple times a year.
Wonderful places to get up high without too much walks. Great places for families has young children or elders to see up high. Remember to get your gas tank full. They recommended to get at less half tank. Your car better check it before drive up. There are a lot of up-hill driving. The day we got up. We saw at least 2 cars broke down on the side. Be careful~
Love this place!! Beautiful drive up and then took the shuttle to the summit. The driver of the shuttle was very entertaining and got us there in one piece! The summit is just a beautiful place. The visitor center needs an update. Lots of construction for the new visitor center but doesn't take away anything from Pikes Peak. Worth the trip.
Beautiful view and awe inspiring experience. Worth the trip regardless of how you make it to the top. Unfortunately their donut machine wasn't working at the time but they still had ample refreshments and souvenirs to commemorate your visit. Would highly recommend.
I loved the drive up. Roads were good other than the people tailgating and going far to fast. Slow down people!! Anyway, the help at the summit were awesome and friendly. The views are breathtaking. Such a neat experience. Personally liked it better than the cog train ride.