United States Air Force Academy, Colorado Springs
About United States Air Force Academy, Colorado Springs
United States Air Force Academy, Colorado Springs - Address, Phone Number
Address: U.S. Air Force Academy, CO, United States
Time Required: 01:30 Hrs
Timings: 09:00 am - 05:00 pm Details
Added 5.7K times in trip plans
Museum, Stadium, Family And Kids, Hall
Try TripHobo to create your itinerary
Are you associated with this business? Get in touch
An extensive campus dotted with academy, Falcon Stadium, chapel and Arnold hall and a museum that honours Air Force Personnel, the United States Air Force Academy can be visited through a guided tour.
The guided tour walks you through various programs like the Chapel, the Arnold Hall facility which exhibits military and Academy collectibles and a dining area and auditorium of official events.
You can also visit the Honour Court Located between the chapel and Arnold hall, which houses bronze statues and memorials dedicated to aircrafts.
Arnold Hall This facility contains several military and Academy exhibits, a dining area and an auditorium for special events or official functions.
Apart from these, there are attractions like Field House, Flacon Athletic centre and the Falcon hiking trail within the premises.
The Falcon hiking trail is great for a nature walk and can be accessed from B-52 Loop.
United States Air Force Academy Information
- Guided tours and self-guided tours are available.
- Wheelchair accessible, wheelchairs are provided at the visitor centre.
- Large bags and backpacks are not allowed in the Visitor Center, the trail from the Visitor Center to the Cadet Chapel or the chapel. Pets are also not allowed.
- Motorcycle riders must wear a Department of Transportation-approved helmet with a strap and eye protection, sturdy over-the-ankle footwear, a long-sleeved shirt or jacket, long trousers, full-fingered gloves or mittens and a brightly colored and reflective upper outer garment.
- Handheld cell phone use while driving is prohibited. A driver may use a cell phone only with a hands-free device or if the vehicle is parked. Violators will be ticketed.
- Bicyclists must wear helmets and reflective outerwear. Group riders must stay in single file with traffic on base roads.
United States Air Force Academy Ticket Prices
- For guided tours, tickets may be applicable.
United States Air Force Academy Opening and Closing Hours
- Noon Meal Formation: Monday to Friday: 11:35 am
- Falcon Trail: 9:00 am to 5:00 pm daily.
How To reach United States Air Force Academy by Public Transport
- By Taxi
- By Car
Love this? Explore the entire list of things to do in Colorado Springs before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Colorado Springs and book an accommodation of your choice.
United States Air Force Academy, Colorado Springs Reviews - Write a Review
I am here to pay my respect to the outstanding men and women serving our great nation. The 20 min movie in the gift shop gave an excellent overview to the life of cadets, their choice and sacrifice, their being trained a warrior and leader the same time.
From everything I've heard, this is the most excellent and outstanding academy to the Air Force! :) Keep the great work up Air Force Personnel!! :)
Only toured a couple of sites. Very pretty. Don't know the school itself.
Awesome place... graduation ceremonies give you chill bumps!
Ahhhs some experience finally visiting the place I sent (qualified) four students in four years to begin a rigorous educational journey.
- Nearby Attractions
- May Natural History Museum
- Monument Valley Park
- Space Foundation World Headquarters And Discovery Center
- America The Beautiful Park
- Patsy's Candies
- Cityrock Climbing Center
- It'z Family, Food, & Fun
- High Drive
- Williams Fire Museum
- Colorado Springs Day-wise Trips
- What to See in 24 Hours in Colorado Springs
- What to See in 48 Hours in Colorado Springs
- What to See in 72 Hours in Colorado Springs
- How to Spend 5 Days in Colorado Springs
- How to Spend 6 Days in Colorado Springs
- How to Spend 7 Days in Colorado Springs