Camp Chase Confederate Cemetery173 Votes Currently Open
- Address: 2900 Sullivant Ave, Columbus, OH 43204, Columbus City, United States Map
- Timings: 08:00 am - 04:30 pm Details
- Phone: +1-9372622115
- Time Required: 00:30 Mins
- Tags: Monument, Cemetery
In 1861, the US government leased land to build a military training facility here. By the time it closed in 1865, over 26000 Confederate prisoners had been interned here at one time or another. The 1893, the cemetery got a facelift, with a wall, and a boulder in the centre of the grounds on which were inscribed the words '“2260 Confederate Soldiers of the war 1861-1865 buried in this enclosure.” Now listed on the National Register of Historic Places, the cemetery is worth visiting for the monument. It's a cozy place with huge trees scattered here and there. In its early years, there were reports of a ghost haunting the Cemetery, that of the Lady in Grey, a young woman searching for the grave of the soldier she loved. She must have found him because the apparitions have long stopped.
Camp Chase Confederate Cemetery Hours
- Closed federal holidays except Memorial Day.
- Hours given are for the office. Cemetery is open from Sunrise to Sunset.
How to Reach Camp Chase Confederate Cemetery
- Bus 6 stop Sullivant Ave & Chestershire Rd.
- Drive to here or take a taxi.
Love this? Explore the entire list of places to visit in Columbus City before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Columbus City and book an accommodation of your choice.
- Camp Chase Confederate Cemetery Address: 2900 Sullivant Ave, Columbus, OH 43204, Columbus City, United States
- Camp Chase Confederate Cemetery Contact Number: +1-9372622115
- Camp Chase Confederate Cemetery Timing: 08:00 am - 04:30 pm
- Best time to visit Camp Chase Confederate Cemetery(preferred time): 10:00 am - 03:00 pm
- Time required to visit Camp Chase Confederate Cemetery: 00:30 Mins
- Try the best online travel planner to plan your travel itinerary!
35.6% of people who visit Columbus City include Camp Chase Confederate Cemetery in their plan
10 AM - 11 AM
41.67% of people start their Camp Chase Confederate Cemetery visit around 10 AM - 11 AM
People usually take around 30 Minutes to see Camp Chase Confederate Cemetery
95% of people prefer to travel by car while visiting Camp Chase Confederate Cemetery
People normally club together Nasty's Sports Bar And Grill and Aquatic Adventures Ohio while planning their visit to Camp Chase Confederate Cemetery.