Franklin Park Conservatory174 Votes Currently Open [Closes at 05:00 pm]
- Address: 1777 E Broad St, Columbus, OH 43203, Columbus City, United States
- Timings: 10:00 am - 05:00 pm Details
- Phone: +1-6147158000
- Ticket Price: 13 USD
- Time Required: 03:00 Hrs
- Tags: Botanical Garden, Family And Kids
This historic attraction, built in 1895, is probably the most beautiful place in the city. It's amazing just how much floral variety they've managed to stuff in here.
- There are 400 species of plants, most of which can be found in recreated biomes from around the planet - Himalayan, Rainforest, Tropical, and Pacific Islands. These areas are presented complete with rock and water bodies through which immaculately kept pathways course.
- There are 43 different species in the Palm House.
- The conifer and ornamental grass garden is elegantly landscaped.
- The Grand Mallway bursts with flowers, and the even prettier Bride Gardens is a popular place for weddings.
- In spring, the daylily garden shows off 850 varieties of the flower.
- The Garden Campus combines classes in cooking and herb-rearing.
- In summer, local glass artists put on a fascinating daily glass blowing demonstration.
And all of this doesn't even include the special and temporary exhibitions the gardens organise from time to time. The whole experience is nothing short of magical.
Franklin Park Conservatory Travel Tips
- Disabled accessible.
Entrance Ticket Details For Franklin Park Conservatory
- $10 seniors and students with valid ID
- $6 children 3–17, free for ages 2 and under
Franklin Park Conservatory Hours
- Daily 11am–3pm
- Weekends 11am–4pm
Hot Shop Glass Blowing Demonstration:
March - December only;
- 11am-2pm on weekdays.
- 12m-3pm on weekends.
How to Reach Franklin Park Conservatory
- Bus 10 stop E Broad St & Franklin Park Cons
- Bus 11 stop Oak St & Morrison Ave
Love this? Explore the entire list of places to visit in Columbus City before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Columbus City and book an accommodation of your choice.
38.24% of people who visit Columbus City include Franklin Park Conservatory in their plan
10 AM - 11 AM
60% of people start their Franklin Park Conservatory visit around 10 AM - 11 AM
People usually take around 3 Hrs to see Franklin Park Conservatory
95% of people prefer to travel by car while visiting Franklin Park Conservatory
Franklin Park Conservatory Reviews & Ratings
As members, my family and I love the Conservatory! The Children's Garden is full of fantastic activities and play spaces for the kids and the indoor gardens are full of phenomenal plant exhibits from around the world. In the Summer, the butterflies are a MUST SEE. Also, in the winter, the Bonsai exhibition is great! Also, a great space for events! The Palm House seems to be a popular space for weddings, and the venue has many other great spaces for weddings, as well. As a whole, Franklin Park is GORGEOUS. Come in the late morning, grab lunch at the cafe and make a day of it!
The Franklin Park Conservatory is consistently a phenomenal place to visit. The grounds are expertly planted and maintained, with a fantastic utilization of natural and artificial decorative landscaping. The beds are planted to be colorful and enjoyable all year round, which is also nice. If you don't want to pay the cost for touring the conservatory building, the park outside the fenced grounds are also enjoyable to walk around, and the paths are very well maintained.
Peaceful, beautiful. Not something I can afford every day. Good for all ages and have many parts that are accessible to wheelchairs or strollers. Lovely chihuly pieces displayed among the plants. Cafe, gift shop, outdoor and indoor places to walk. Many benches if you need to rest or just sit and enjoy. Some of the year they have glass blowing demonstrations or classes you can take and they sell that type of thing in the gift store. They have lovely lighted outdoor areas at night during Halloween and Christmas seasons.
I slice of heaven during the winter months. They have a diversified offering of programs and events throughout the year. Species of plants like no other. Great farmers market during the summer. The Chihuly glass installations are amazing. Definitely worth a look or membership.
So much fun! I went with my mom and my 1 year old daughter and we had a blast. The butterfly exhibit was amazing. We got to watch them release the butterflies and one flew straight to me and stayed with me until we left. The gardens are spectacular. It was such a nice, calming experience and a great way to get some light walking in with a beautiful view. Also, if you're a library member you can get a pass to go for free for two adults and one child which was awesome! You just have to stop at the library first to get the pass and then head on over. Honestly, I would definitely go again, absolutely beautiful if you love nature. They also have some shrubbery cut into things like flamingos and other animals and fun objects.