Franklin Park ConservatoryCurrently Open [Closes at 05:00 pm]
- Address: 1777 E Broad St, Columbus, OH 43203, Columbus City, United States
- Timings: 10:00 am - 05:00 pm Details
- Phone: +1-6147158000
- Ticket Price: 13 USD
- Time Required: 03:00 Hrs
- Tags: Botanical Garden, Family And Kids
This historic attraction, built in 1895, is probably the most beautiful place in the city. It's amazing just how much floral variety they've managed to stuff in here.
- There are 400 species of plants, most of which can be found in recreated biomes from around the planet - Himalayan, Rainforest, Tropical, and Pacific Islands. These areas are presented complete with rock and water bodies through which immaculately kept pathways course.
- There are 43 different species in the Palm House.
- The conifer and ornamental grass garden is elegantly landscaped.
- The Grand Mallway bursts with flowers, and the even prettier Bride Gardens is a popular place for weddings.
- In spring, the daylily garden shows off 850 varieties of the flower.
- The Garden Campus combines classes in cooking and herb-rearing.
- In summer, local glass artists put on a fascinating daily glass blowing demonstration.
And all of this doesn't even include the special and temporary exhibitions the gardens organise from time to time. The whole experience is nothing short of magical.
- Disabled accessible.
- $10 seniors and students with valid ID
- $6 children 3–17, free for ages 2 and under
- Daily 11am–3pm
- Weekends 11am–4pm
Hot Shop Glass Blowing Demonstration:
March - December only;
- 11am-2pm on weekdays.
- 12m-3pm on weekends.
- Bus 10 stop E Broad St & Franklin Park Cons
- Bus 11 stop Oak St & Morrison Ave
Love this? Explore the entire list of things to do in Columbus City before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Columbus City and book an accommodation of your choice.
88.32% of people who visit Columbus City include Franklin Park Conservatory in their plan
10 AM - 11 AM
60% of people start their Franklin Park Conservatory visit around 10 AM - 11 AM
People usually take around 3 Hrs to see Franklin Park Conservatory
95% of people prefer to travel by car while visiting Franklin Park Conservatory
We have been members here for several years. Outstanding floral displays anytime. The holiday lights display and music programs are always wonderful. The orchid display is one we love, especially with amazing tropical flowers in the winter! The new children's garden is very well done. So much cool stuff....
It's been 25 years since I've been here. Walking from a super humid climate to the desert was an amazing experience. The glass displays Within the conservatory made for an enchanting experience. I was able to take a day and it made for a very romantic few hours. I recommend to anyone. Such a great time
This place is beautiful. My sister got married here and it was the nicest wedding I've ever attended. The cooking staff was from the conservatory and it was the best steak and salmon I've every had the chance to enjoy. If you get to come here during the Summer time is is very beautiful and there are so many different sights to see. Staff is very professional and courteous.
I love this place. It's so beautiful. The addition of the children's garden has put this at the top of my list of things to do in Columbus with children. This is also a fabulous place to go for Christmas. If you are going to pay for one Christmas-themed outing in Columbus, this should be it. It's not nearly as busy as the zoo, and it has a small but very beautiful light display, that is easily walked in the cold. There is a hot drinks station in the courtyard that is beyond beautiful. In the summer, the grounds and adjacent park are the place to be. The splash pad in the children's garden is so cool. It's made to look like a creek, that kids (and adults) can splash around in. There are so many activities for kids to do. The inside space is magical. Just magical.
I visited the Recreation pavilion for a casual social gathering of friends. They raised the recreational equipment and the floor was clear to put chairs & tables for food & to sit down to eat. We were able to set up a mic & music with space for dancing. And there was still room for the children to play as well. It's a really large space & parking lot, near to the entrance too. We had a great time.