Franklin Park Conservatory, Columbus City
About Franklin Park Conservatory, Columbus City
Franklin Park Conservatory, Columbus City - Address, Phone Number, Ticket Price
Address: 1777 E Broad St, Columbus, OH 43203
Ticket Price: 13 USD
Time Required: 03:00 Hrs
Timings: 10:00 am - 05:00 pm Details
Added 1.6K times in trip plans
Botanical Garden, Family And Kids
Try TripHobo to create your itinerary
Are you associated with this business? Get in touch
This historic attraction, built in 1895, is probably the most beautiful place in the city. It's amazing just how much floral variety they've managed to stuff in here.
- There are 400 species of plants, most of which can be found in recreated biomes from around the planet - Himalayan, Rainforest, Tropical, and Pacific Islands. These areas are presented complete with rock and water bodies through which immaculately kept pathways course.
- There are 43 different species in the Palm House.
- The conifer and ornamental grass garden is elegantly landscaped.
- The Grand Mallway bursts with flowers, and the even prettier Bride Gardens is a popular place for weddings.
- In spring, the daylily garden shows off 850 varieties of the flower.
- The Garden Campus combines classes in cooking and herb-rearing.
- In summer, local glass artists put on a fascinating daily glass blowing demonstration.
And all of this doesn't even include the special and temporary exhibitions the gardens organise from time to time. The whole experience is nothing short of magical.
Franklin Park Conservatory Information
- Disabled accessible.
Franklin Park Conservatory Ticket Prices
- $10 seniors and students with valid ID
- $6 children 3–17, free for ages 2 and under
Franklin Park Conservatory Opening and Closing Hours
- Daily 11am–3pm
- Weekends 11am–4pm
Hot Shop Glass Blowing Demonstration:
March - December only;
- 11am-2pm on weekdays.
- 12m-3pm on weekends.
How To reach Franklin Park Conservatory by Public Transport
- Bus 10 stop E Broad St & Franklin Park Cons
- Bus 11 stop Oak St & Morrison Ave
Love this? Explore the entire list of things to do in Columbus City before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Columbus City and book an accommodation of your choice.
Franklin Park Conservatory, Columbus City Reviews - Write a Review
The Conservatory offers lots explore for our young family. The exhibits change often. Our kids love seeing the train, playing in the kids area and doing the art activities. It's a great place for them to be able to explore and burn off energy. I highly recommend the family membership.
If I could give a place six stars, this would be a place that deserves it. I have journeyed far and wide but I think I enjoy a trip here most of all. Plenty of activities for the whole family and photo opportunities galore. In the spring they run the "Blooms and Butterflies" program and it is something you don't want to miss. I am excited as the upcoming holidays will mean the conservatory is all decked out. Other fun facts you may not realize is these folks are extremely responsive on Facebook. I have asked them about a recipe for a sandwich I had in their Cafe and the next day I had the recipe! They also sell many plants even some retired ones from the gardens themselves. I have a small succulent garden I bought from them and it's still kicking. They were quite helpful in suggesting repotting techniques. I've taken a few Bonsai classes several years ago. This is a great place to visit and an even greater place to make some memories you will treasure for all of your years.
It's a great place to bring your family and spend a few hours here. There are several different biomes to explore and the place also has different events going on. You can also book private events here. A must see if you happen to be in the Columbus area!
A really neat place. If you don't want to pay for admission, the outside gardens are lined with trails and a playground. There's a community garden to invest time in and they're building more on the North side right now... Can't wait to see what that's gonna be!
I had 9 people in our group. It was so fun. Friendly staff. Beautiful plants. Great glass making demonstration. Reasonably priced gift shop. It has coat check. Also, they had a couple electric carts.
- Nearby Attractions
- Innis Park
- Hanford Village Park
- Grandview Heights Parks & Rec
- East Broad Street Historic District
- Argus Park
- Tuttle Swimming Pool
- Drexel Theatre
- Amc Lennox Town Center 24
- Arnold Statue
- Columbus City Day-wise Trips
- What to See in 24 Hours in Columbus City
- What to See in 48 Hours in Columbus City
- What to See in 72 Hours in Columbus City
- How to Spend 5 Days in Columbus City
- How to Spend 6 Days in Columbus City
- How to Spend 7 Days in Columbus City