Kelton House Museum And Garden96 Votes Currently Open
- Address: 586 E Town St, Columbus, OH 43215, Columbus City, United States Map
- Timings: 10:00 am - 04:00 pm Details
- Phone: +1-6144642022
- Ticket Price: 6 USD
- Time Required: 02:00 Hrs
- Tags: Museums, Family And Kids
Fernando Cortez Kelton, a merchant from Vermont, along with his wife, Sophia Langdon Stone Kelton, were devoted abolitionists who made their home into a stop for the Underground Railroad. Now managed by the Junior League of Columbus, this historical home has been restored to its looks and feel from the second half of the 19th century. 90% of the objects you find here - furnishings, art and personal items - were actual possessions of the Keltons. The decor is beautiful and Victorian. Outside the house, the garden had been restored to Victorian styles once common in Ohio - crabapple trees, rhododendrons and wildflower beds. On the Second Sunday of each month, historical scenes related to the UR are re-enacted. And on some Wednesdays there are tea parties.
Kelton House Museum And Garden Travel Tips
- Reserve group tours 6 weeks in advance.
- Check Museum shop for souvenirs.
- Parking at Junior League parking lot on Franklin Avenue.
- First floor is wheelchair accessible.
Entrance Ticket Details For Kelton House Museum And Garden
- USD 5 for 55+.
- USD 4 for students 18+.
- USD 3 for K-12.
- Check attraction website on details for seasonal and group led tours.
Kelton House Museum And Garden Hours
- Sunday: 1:00 pm - 4:00 pm (Docent led tour only)
- Last Self-guided Audio Tours begins at 3:00 pm.
- Second Sunday Program: 1:30 pm
- Wednesday Tea Parties: 12:30 pm
How to Reach Kelton House Museum And Garden
- Bus 11 stop Oak St & Lester Dr.
- Drive to here or take a taxi.
Love this? Explore the entire list of places to visit in Columbus City before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Columbus City and book an accommodation of your choice.
- Kelton House Museum And Garden Address: 586 E Town St, Columbus, OH 43215, Columbus City, United States
- Kelton House Museum And Garden Contact Number: +1-6144642022
- Kelton House Museum And Garden Timing: 10:00 am - 04:00 pm
- Kelton House Museum And Garden Price: 6 USD
- Best time to visit Kelton House Museum And Garden(preferred time): 01:00 pm - 02:00 pm
- Time required to visit Kelton House Museum And Garden: 02:00 Hrs
- Try the best online travel planner to plan your travel itinerary!
19.75% of people who visit Columbus City include Kelton House Museum And Garden in their plan
12 PM - 1 PM
51.72% of people start their Kelton House Museum And Garden visit around 12 PM - 1 PM
People usually take around 2 Hrs to see Kelton House Museum And Garden
95% of people prefer to travel by car while visiting Kelton House Museum And Garden
People normally club together Jubilee Museum And Catholic Cultural Center and Goodale Park while planning their visit to Kelton House Museum And Garden.