Ohio Historic Archives LibraryCurrently Open [Closes at 05:00 pm]
- Address: 800 E 17th Ave, Columbus, OH 43211, Columbus City, United States
- Timings: 10:00 am - 05:00 pm Details
- Phone: +1-6142972300
- Ticket Price: 10 USD
- Time Required: 03:00 Hrs
- Tags: Library, Family And Kids
This attraction is underrated, but at the very first sight of the Brutalist building, you know you're in for something special. The centre is the HQ for the Ohio Historical Connection, which manages various historical sites and museum around the state. The interactive exhibits, comprising of about 1.5 million objects, are all pretty intriguing - a recreated 1950s home, paintings by Lilly Martin Spencer, the storytelling oriented Great Collections Experiment, the battle flags of the state of Ohio, archaeological exhibits of a 15000 year old Native American history, and curiously, the history of America's first hamburger chain. Also covered are archaeology, plants, animals, geology, geography, climate and weather.
However, the trip to the museum would be very incomplete without checking out the Ohio Village attraction next door. The living museum takes you through a recreated Ohio town from the 1860s to the 1890s. See the town hall. Take part in a retro photoshoot. Ride an adult style tricycle. Help out with chores at Mrs. Taylor's house. Have a picnic in the Pavilion Green!
Ohio Historic Archives Library Travel Tips
- Check out the great gift shop.
Entrance Ticket Details For Ohio Historic Archives Library
- Youth (6–12): $5
- Senior (60+): $9
- Member & Child (5 & under): Free
- From Memorial Day weekend t0 Labour Day Weekend, admission covers entry into Ohio Village. This may change during other months.
Ohio Historic Archives Library Hours
- Archives/Library: Wednesday through Saturday 10 a.m.–5 p.m.
- State Historic Preservation Office: Monday through Friday 9 a.m.–5 p.m.
Ohio Village Hours:
- Wednesday–Saturday: 10 a.m.–5 p.m.
- Sunday: 12pm–5 p.m.
How to Reach Ohio Historic Archives Library
- Drive to here or take a taxi.
Love this? Explore the entire list of places to visit in Columbus City before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Columbus City and book an accommodation of your choice.
3.82% of people who visit Columbus City include Ohio Historic Archives Library in their plan
50% of people start their Ohio Historic Archives Library visit around 1 PM
People usually take around 3 Hrs to see Ohio Historic Archives Library
95% of people prefer to travel by car while visiting Ohio Historic Archives Library