Ohio StadiumCurrently Closed
- Address: 411 Woody Hayes Dr, Columbus, OH 43210, Columbus City, United States
- Timings: 09:00 am - 03:00 pm Details
- Phone: +1-6142476713
- Ticket Price: 10 USD
- Time Required: 01:30 Hrs
- Tags: Stadium, Family And Kids
Known by various affectionate names such as "The Horseshoe" or "The Shoe" or "The House that Harley built", the historic stadium is one of the nation's most popular sports landmarks, and hosts football matches, lacrosse matches and concerts. Locals flock to the double-deck horseshoe design stadium on Saturdays almost ritually. Built first in 1922, it has since undergone various rebuildings, and now has seating for 104,944 people. Ohio Stadium is listed in the National Registry of Historic Places. Tours may be scheduled by contacting the given number, but it is by appointment only.
- Tours must be booked 2 weeks in advance.
- Tours are by appointment only.
- Disabled accessible.
- Food/drinks not allowed on tour.
- Less than 10 people: $100.00
- Adult (10+ people): $100.00 for first 10 people + $10.00 for each additional adult
- Student (10+ people): $100.00 for first 10 people + $5.00 for each additional student
- Payment on day of tour, and by Check or Money Order made out to The Ohio State University.
- Monday - Thursday: 9am-3pm
- Tours last 90 minutes.
- No tours on the Thursday of a home Football weekend, or during University holidays.
- Game day visit and admission depend on the match.
- Bus 52 stop Cannon Dr & John H Herrick Dr
- Drive to here, or take a taxi
Love this? Explore the entire list of things to do in Columbus City before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Columbus City and book an accommodation of your choice.
71.65% of people who visit Columbus City include Ohio Stadium in their plan
09 AM - 10 AM
66.67% of people start their Ohio Stadium visit around 09 AM - 10 AM
1 Hr 30 Minutes
People usually take around 1 Hr 30 Minutes to see Ohio Stadium
95% of people prefer to travel by car while visiting Ohio Stadium
Good security and it didn't take long to get in at all. You are not allowed to bring in water bottles (even if they haven't been opened) unless they are empty. I would recommend bringing an empty bottle though so you can fill it up with water and not have to pay $4 for a bottle. All the seats are stadium style bleachers unless you have a padded seat. So be aware you will be sitting close to strangers and bring a stadium chair if you don't have a padded seat. GO BUCKS!
Great experience. We arrived early to enjoy the pre-game. It was fabulous. Didn't like the creepy child voice they used to discuss the safety rules. Glad we got to see this beautiful stadium...
There is nothing like being in THE OHIO STATE UNIVERSITY STADIUM no matter what event is taken place there!!! As a buckeye- this extraordinary, historical place tickles the fancy of the youngest-oldest in any crowd!! It's great exploring the scenic, beautiful grounds of the nearby campus!👀 It's always a pleasure to be in the environment where so many great people ventured & events have happened!🤗😁 I can't wait to be at an actual highlighted, seasoned football game someday!👍
Was excited to go here. But really needs some renovations especially the bathrooms. Sat in the lower bowl, upper seats. Took a lot of stairs to get there. The game view was great though. I assume that the view in upper bowl is pretty good. So would not again pay up for lower bowl tickets 2nd hand. Was a good crowd in the stands though - of course!
The Ohio Stadium is a historic stadium to OSU but please be prepared for a few things - even gates on one side of the stadium, odd gates on the other. Lots of "up" to go if you are in C deck! And very few elevators! Come early, take your time and leave your big bags at home. You will have a blast!